Sign in to follow this  
kdbwGER

A chance to take

Hi guys,

there was something weird going on inside my mind today.

As a dedicated Battlefield Player, who has been getting more and more frustrated regarding the sh..storm BFV is constantly creating, a had a weird idea.

I would love to recommend WW3 as an alternative to my clanmates, but the state of WW3 at the moment isn't really allowing that.

When I look at the recently announced BFV patch and DICE straight up taking a sh.. on it's core playerbase, I was wondering.

Why are you guys not connecting the dots and push WW3 into beeing a real alternative to BFV/ BF4.

The BFV playerbase is craving for something like that and I guess a lot of BFV players would love to turn their backs on the broken mess BFV is.

This is your chance now, fix WW3, make it a solid choice for clans and players that are done with the BF-franchise. Advertise it properly, put it back on the market. Step in where Dice lets it's playerbase down. WW3 has so much potential to do that, but you have to act - now!

I personally would love to take my fellow clan members over to WW3.

Please, I want that to happen!

ūüôā

They can’t really act now but they are definitely trying. Also most of optimization, marketing, and bug fixes will be near 1.0 I think 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, kdbwGER said:

Hi guys,

there was something weird going on inside my mind today.

As a dedicated Battlefield Player, who has been getting more and more frustrated regarding the sh..storm BFV is constantly creating, a had a weird idea.

I would love to recommend WW3 as an alternative to my clanmates, but the state of WW3 at the moment isn't really allowing that.

When I look at the recently announced BFV patch and DICE straight up taking a sh.. on it's core playerbase, I was wondering.

Why are you guys not connecting the dots and push WW3 into beeing a real alternative to BFV/ BF4.

Well this depends on what you deem a alternative. Personally speaking, I already see the game as a alternative to the Battlefield games, mind expanding on this part at the end a bit as to what would make WW3 a "REAL ALTERNATIVE" to BFV/BF4?

Advertise it properly, put it back on the market.

Now I'm not a Marketing person, never had a job in Marketing, never went to any Marketing training, or whatever form of Marketing anything. But, as the Devs have stated; they do not want to really market the game till they're nearing full release or have actually fully released the game. Current levels of optimization are more to keep the game largely playable if memory serves me correctly and the Community requested that F51 take this slower, more stable update path back in like...0.4 - 0.5 region I believe (may be wrong on the exact version of the game.) After the 0.7 update which is when the Engine upgrade went in, the game likely lost a considerable amount of optimization work that had been put into it, and the chances of losing more optimization is even higher because of where the game currently is in development.

Less optimization means the game doesn't perform very well and the more the game performs poorly the harder it becomes for players to play it/stick with it for long periods of time. So, I'd argue the game is being "Advertised properly" right now which is to say; little to no advertising till the game is nearing full release/has been fully released out of early access. When you advertise a product, you always put your best foot forward. In this case; you would be putting your foot forward while it's inside a shoe that is still being worked on while promising People it's going to be this really clean, really polished shoe in the future that will compete with other highly popular shoes.

In short; You're banking on People to take your word for it.

WW3 has so much potential to do that, but you have to act - now!

Yes, WW3 has the potential to really give the Battlefield series a nice shiner on the face. But, the game also has the potential (currently) of swinging too high, missing, and falling so hard that it cannot recover. This mindset of "you have to act now!" is a bad mindset to be in during this stage of Development for WW3, especially when the game has these hanging over it's head-

• Indie Development team - This is largely hit and miss with some folks.
  • Early Access Game - A game being in early access is usually seen more as a negative than a positive these days.
  • Game had a rough EA Launch - Self explained.
  • The 0.3 Apocalypse - This update left a massive bad taste in the mouths of many players (and was the time I joined WW3 for the long haul)
  • Lost Optimization - The engine upgrade degraded the game's performance (in the short term currently that can be seen.)

And this isn't counting other things like few game mode options (Breakthrough and Recon still being on the PTE), small weapon variety (plenty of Assault Rifles, very few of everything else currently), very few maps (4 more being worked on as we speak), and much more. So yeah, rushing and "you have to act now!" is not going to help the game.

I personally would love to take my fellow clan members over to WW3.

Please, I want that to happen!

You're not alone in all of this. You just have to let the Developers take their time and do what needs to be done. If they can turn things around in the 0.6 update which is widely seen as the greatest single update to the game, then you can imagine that 1.0 is bound to be glorious. But, only if they do not rush things, have learned the lessons from the past, and are getting things properly put in place for the future (which I have faith they are - again; I joined for the long haul during the 0.3 Apocalypse.)

Edited by Dunabar

17.11.2019 –≤ 00:48, Dunabar —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

Yes, WW3 has the potential to really give the Battlefield series a nice shiner on the face. But, the game also has the potential (currently) of swinging too high, missing, and falling so hard that it cannot recover. This mindset of "you have to act now!" is a bad mindset to be in during this stage of Development for WW3, especially

In all games, called "killers" of "Put here franchise name", only one really did that, I remember. It's Path of Exile, which completely killed casual, cartoonish and laggy Diablo 3. And BFV is far not bad as Diablo 3.

Fix WW3 - Game is under development, there is nothing broken...

It's been stated so many times, there is no point advertising unfinished product, game is not even nearly finished to be advertised. When the time come - Game will be advertised all around the world properly. We can't step in now because it will discourage even more players, that we promoting game which is still under development.

• Like 1