Sign in to follow this  
Nyquist

What's the game top 1 priority in this moment? [ + bug ]

I see the devs focus on solving bugs but I my opinion the top priority is now performance.

Bugs can be fixed anytime.

What do you think people??

Edited by Nyquist

Top priority is the new content. I've even started to run with Sniper Rifles, just to have "i suck in WW3" experience again.

• Like 2

I just tested the game now to see what changed with this last patch.

The performance is much better. Smolenski performance was lousy before and now is so much better!

There's still some minor stuttering/frame_drop on certain moment when game is load content from HD I think.

I found a bug: If you are close to vehicles and move sideways, the movement is not working correctly. Just get close to some vehicle and instead enter it, strafe very close to it and you'll notice this bug.

Anyway, I think now its the moment to start to call people back to the game.

We're focused on all aspects, but the top 3 issues in-house right now are the new animation/movement system (which is at very advanced stages of implementation) that should rid the game of the clunkiness, bugfixes and, of course, performance.

We have planned a major polish pass before the release but the above three are our priority. Of course different devs do different things and we can handle all of them at the same time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Borreh said:

We're focused on all aspects, but the top 3 issues in-house right now are the new animation/movement system (which is at very advanced stages of implementation) that should rid the game of the clunkiness, bugfixes and, of course, performance.

We have planned a major polish pass before the release but the above three are our priority. Of course different devs do different things and we can handle all of them at the same time.

So 0.9 is going to be mainly the movement system and animations and further polishing and optimization? If so, does that mean Recon and other content would be pushed to 1.0 

On 11/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, tynblpb said:

Top priority is the new content. I've even started to run with Sniper Rifles, just to have "i suck in WW3" experience again.

New animations are by far the most awaited content since release. 

• Like 1

There are always people working on the optimization, on bugs and new stuff, with optimization being more and more important the more we close in on the release.

Problem is, that very, very frequently, optimizing the game before the content is done results in having to optimize again after it is done, so we can't really dig into the optimization before most of the game is finished. We try to make it better each day, but the real optimization is scheduled for later (this is all devs working on it full time).