weedtime

Feedback on update 0.8

Last 2-3 days Latency was jumping from 80 to 180 as it was half of a year ago. Was something changed on the server side?

Tried HeliDrone after a long break. Well, even though it's heavily nerfed and now costs almost 8000 BP u still can give butthurt with it,😆 .

Some guys were trying to get in the HeliDrone when I was repairing on the platform...😏

250kg bombs are still destroying HeliDrone when u r trying to drop them.😑

20200106010854_1.thumb.jpg.cae35d37a81b85c261db3d9949952776.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, tynblpb said:

Last 2-3 days Latency was jumping from 80 to 180 as it was half of a year ago. Was something changed on the server side?

Tried HeliDrone after a long break. Well, even though it's heavily nerfed and now costs almost 8000 BP u still can give butthurt with it,😆 .

Some guys were trying to get in the HeliDrone when I was repairing on the platform...😏

250kg bombs are still destroying HeliDrone when u r trying to drop them.😑

20200106010854_1.thumb.jpg.cae35d37a81b85c261db3d9949952776.jpg

It's currently bugged, so that when holding shift, your hitbox bugs out 

Also for anyone trying to exploit it. Doing it can get u banned

Edited by Salt Lord

For those who don't know, there are new turrets for AFV/IFV in 0.8, And among them there is 1 fresh that isn't finished. Plz, welcome, the 40mm K21 turret. As u can see there is no info about it yet, but it was imba on PTE, it is imba now on Live. 30 rounds clips with 2 secs reload time. If I'm not mistaken with no less than 100 RPM RoF. I literally gave no chances to the fully packed T-72. U can easily destroy all the modules, and then blind tank would not be able to oppose u. Feel free to use, until it's fixed.

20200109180937_1.thumb.jpg.d3d0d2eda60857783dccd4a0e33cf0bd.jpg

13 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

For those who don't know, there are new turrets for AFV/IFV in 0.8, And among them there is 1 fresh that isn't finished. Plz, welcome, the 40mm K21 turret. As u can see there is no info about it yet, but it was imba on PTE, it is imba now on Live. 30 rounds clips with 2 secs reload time. If I'm not mistaken with no less than 100 RPM RoF. I literally gave no chances to the fully packed T-72. U can easily destroy all the modules, and then blind tank would not be able to oppose u. Feel free to use, until it's fixed.

20200109180937_1.thumb.jpg.d3d0d2eda60857783dccd4a0e33cf0bd.jpg

Is that live or pte? 

3 минуты назад, Salt Lord сказал:

Is that live or pte? 

Now on Live.

For 0.7 I wrote a quite lengthy feedback post and now I want to give my personal and subjective 2 cents on 0.8.

Quite generally speaking I consider 0.8 a significant improvement over 0.7 especially on the technical side. On my computer at least it feels a lot smoother and less laggy. I have no hard evidence, i.e. higher frame rates or lower pings but I trust my feelings well enough in this regard. :D

Another welcome addition is the now working split between horizontal and vertical recoil and the higher impact of your stance on the weapon sway.

I like the reduced number of strikes as you have to pick more carefully in my opinion.

My negative feedback does not (exclusively) aim at changes which came with 0.8.

I would tone down the blending effect while looking outside from a building by a significant margin. I get that it is supposed to make camping in buildings less attractive, but I think it’s a bit too much at the moment.

Super bullets are still an issue (but less than in 0.7) and the feedback on getting hit is quite lacking depending on the enemy’s weapon. I think it was reported once that it is missing for some RCWS but apparently this holds also for some weapons. I will write a bug report when I have more clues on the reproducibility but today, I got hit by an SR (I think it was the Tochnost) and all that happened was that my vision got blurry. It was the same effect you have under suppression and if I hadn’t checked my health bar, I would not have noticed that I got hit.

A weapon and attachment rebalance is on the list for one of the coming milestones so I know the team is aware of balancing issues, still a short word on this: In my opinion one can be effective with every weapon so it is not terribly bad, but there is definitely a hierarchy. MGs are a bit too good I would say and speaking about ARs I would argue that fast firing weapons with a 50/60 round magazine have somewhat of an edge.

I still think the varying base damage depending on the barrel is not a good idea. At least it needs a rebalancing. My proposition: longer ADS times, and some malus on the mobility for choosing a long barrel instead of a lower damage.

Additions and edits might come over the following days but that’s it from my side so far.

Have a nice week everybody!

• Like 1

Likely this isn't related to the patch 0.84 itself, but at least to me servers felt a lot laggier than they did over the weekend. In the first match the servers crashed. In the second one my game crashed. ^^

A small edit: I would also say that superbullets are again more of an issue. Usually one bullet "got lost" in the match I played today (or the hit feedback is just bad). Even with a Scar-H which fires not so quickly out of three bullets displayed in the death screen only two gave feedback.

Another edit: After a couple of days I think I have hardly played a full round of Warzone without either a server crash or a ctd. This was better was 0.83. Is somebody else having similar issues?

Edited by HeiligeRobbe
  • Thanks 1