weedtime

Feedback on update 0.8

Last 2-3 days Latency was jumping from 80 to 180 as it was half of a year ago. Was something changed on the server side?

Tried HeliDrone after a long break. Well, even though it's heavily nerfed and now costs almost 8000 BP u still can give butthurt with it,😆 .

Some guys were trying to get in the HeliDrone when I was repairing on the platform...😏

250kg bombs are still destroying HeliDrone when u r trying to drop them.😑

20200106010854_1.thumb.jpg.cae35d37a81b85c261db3d9949952776.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, tynblpb said:

Last 2-3 days Latency was jumping from 80 to 180 as it was half of a year ago. Was something changed on the server side?

Tried HeliDrone after a long break. Well, even though it's heavily nerfed and now costs almost 8000 BP u still can give butthurt with it,😆 .

Some guys were trying to get in the HeliDrone when I was repairing on the platform...😏

250kg bombs are still destroying HeliDrone when u r trying to drop them.😑

20200106010854_1.thumb.jpg.cae35d37a81b85c261db3d9949952776.jpg

It's currently bugged, so that when holding shift, your hitbox bugs out 

Also for anyone trying to exploit it. Doing it can get u banned

Edited by Salt Lord

For those who don't know, there are new turrets for AFV/IFV in 0.8, And among them there is 1 fresh that isn't finished. Plz, welcome, the 40mm K21 turret. As u can see there is no info about it yet, but it was imba on PTE, it is imba now on Live. 30 rounds clips with 2 secs reload time. If I'm not mistaken with no less than 100 RPM RoF. I literally gave no chances to the fully packed T-72. U can easily destroy all the modules, and then blind tank would not be able to oppose u. Feel free to use, until it's fixed.

20200109180937_1.thumb.jpg.d3d0d2eda60857783dccd4a0e33cf0bd.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

For those who don't know, there are new turrets for AFV/IFV in 0.8, And among them there is 1 fresh that isn't finished. Plz, welcome, the 40mm K21 turret. As u can see there is no info about it yet, but it was imba on PTE, it is imba now on Live. 30 rounds clips with 2 secs reload time. If I'm not mistaken with no less than 100 RPM RoF. I literally gave no chances to the fully packed T-72. U can easily destroy all the modules, and then blind tank would not be able to oppose u. Feel free to use, until it's fixed.

20200109180937_1.thumb.jpg.d3d0d2eda60857783dccd4a0e33cf0bd.jpg

Is that live or pte? 

3 минуты назад, Salt Lord сказал:

Is that live or pte? 

Now on Live.

For 0.7 I wrote a quite lengthy feedback post and now I want to give my personal and subjective 2 cents on 0.8.

Quite generally speaking I consider 0.8 a significant improvement over 0.7 especially on the technical side. On my computer at least it feels a lot smoother and less laggy. I have no hard evidence, i.e. higher frame rates or lower pings but I trust my feelings well enough in this regard. :D

Another welcome addition is the now working split between horizontal and vertical recoil and the higher impact of your stance on the weapon sway.

I like the reduced number of strikes as you have to pick more carefully in my opinion.

My negative feedback does not (exclusively) aim at changes which came with 0.8.

I would tone down the blending effect while looking outside from a building by a significant margin. I get that it is supposed to make camping in buildings less attractive, but I think it’s a bit too much at the moment.

Super bullets are still an issue (but less than in 0.7) and the feedback on getting hit is quite lacking depending on the enemy’s weapon. I think it was reported once that it is missing for some RCWS but apparently this holds also for some weapons. I will write a bug report when I have more clues on the reproducibility but today, I got hit by an SR (I think it was the Tochnost) and all that happened was that my vision got blurry. It was the same effect you have under suppression and if I hadn’t checked my health bar, I would not have noticed that I got hit.

A weapon and attachment rebalance is on the list for one of the coming milestones so I know the team is aware of balancing issues, still a short word on this: In my opinion one can be effective with every weapon so it is not terribly bad, but there is definitely a hierarchy. MGs are a bit too good I would say and speaking about ARs I would argue that fast firing weapons with a 50/60 round magazine have somewhat of an edge.

I still think the varying base damage depending on the barrel is not a good idea. At least it needs a rebalancing. My proposition: longer ADS times, and some malus on the mobility for choosing a long barrel instead of a lower damage.

Additions and edits might come over the following days but that’s it from my side so far.

Have a nice week everybody!

• Like 1

Likely this isn't related to the patch 0.84 itself, but at least to me servers felt a lot laggier than they did over the weekend. In the first match the servers crashed. In the second one my game crashed. ^^

A small edit: I would also say that superbullets are again more of an issue. Usually one bullet "got lost" in the match I played today (or the hit feedback is just bad). Even with a Scar-H which fires not so quickly out of three bullets displayed in the death screen only two gave feedback.

Another edit: After a couple of days I think I have hardly played a full round of Warzone without either a server crash or a ctd. This was better was 0.83. Is somebody else having similar issues?

Edited by HeiligeRobbe
  • Thanks 1

Was something changed in game in last 24 hours? Because I'm entering match, spanning and from 15 secs to 1.5 min my game freezes...

Restarted PC, validated files, set Video Settings to minimum. Still freezes. On Berlin, Moscow, Smolensk, Moscow TD. With full server and 8 players. Even on empty server game freezes.

No problem with PTE version.

What can cause this? Nothing was changed on my side in last 24 hours.

Edited by tynblpb

I just got rotated from a EU server to an NA server. I understand the rational behind the region merge. But I don't think that it is a good idea to rotate a server full of mainly European players to a NA server.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now on Warsaw TDM.

Edited by tynblpb

After shooting long distances today, I realised even more, that current amount of sway is too high.

Obviously, i9-9900k makes dreams come true. Got lots of pleasure without lags. Now, I'm waiting for better draw range, it's is not very funny, when grey goo on the horizon shoots you. And using 4x scope makes very few difference.

• Like 2

I just want to give a feed back about the recent weekly report, or rather cancellation of weekly reports and the recent progress with the game in general.

Right now I am a bit confused and worried about the future of the game. You say that it is hard for you to prepare weekly reports because of the fixed schedule and your own quality standards for them and I can understand that. Also, I understand that it takes time from the development process and might thus seem more of a distraction but in all honestly isn't communication with your supporters part of an early access program?

In my personal opinion the communication was already a weak point of this project and now, you are going to communicate even less frequent (the activity of the devs in the forum went to almost 0 as well :( )? I went through the weekly reports of the last six months and while there were some important changes under the hood (i.e. the engine switch or the linux servers) many of those reporst feel like a wasted chance rather than a chunk of information for your supporters who know the game well.

Hopefully everybody is just busy finishing something major/important, but how would we know if no reports of progress are made (the preview of the animation system was six weeks ago)? I have some serious doubts as of now. :(

The server/network/ping performance and lack of communication have been two major complaints in the new year and last week you did the region merge which - albeit being easy to understand - has arguably led to higher average pings even and this week you announce there will be even less communication in the future.

To conclude I want to give some ideas for dev blogs or at least forum responses:

- How are you going to adress the network performance problems? There are many symptoms for it, e.g. superbullets (quite frequently the server transmits up to 4 bullets from full auto weapons in one tick at least on my receiving end), getting shot behind cover, getting shot by someone who on your screen is still behind a wall, players zorping around.

- Are you planning to improve the sounds, i.e. make foot steps sounds stand out a bit more? Right now, it seems as if any almost other sound at the same time will render stepping sounds inaudible, speaking of distances of like 10m around your position. If you are happy with the sounds can you explain within which range you are supposed to hear which sound? Are sounds going to be altered by walls in between the source and the listener?

- An attachment and weapon rebalance is coming. Can you give an idea which role you have in mind for which weapon(class) and what your general picture of the weapon balance within a single class of weapons and between classes is? Will attachments become more of a sidegrade?

- Finally, to support FeuerEuphorie, is the weapon sway already finalized or might there be changes coming? To be more specific, will it be reduced/changed overall or only the horizontal part? Will there maybe be attachments which will alter it?

Edit:

- A small addition: Since the earliest days of WW3 the spawning has been pointed out as far less than optimal. Still it happens that you are spawned directly in front of an enemy (or vice versa) etc. Can we expect to see some improvements here?

Edited by HeiligeRobbe
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

In my personal opinion the communication was already a weak point of this project

orly? O_o

The first project for me where you can ping devs on the forum, in discord and even in their own game

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Atway said:

orly? O_o

The first project for me where you can ping devs on the forum, in discord and even in their own game

Okay you are right, I should have been more specific there. I was rather referring to "official" news like the weekly reports. The possibility to interact with the devs on the forum is great and I have pinged them a lot on my own :D

57 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

I was rather referring to "official" news like the weekly reports.

software development is such a thing, where you can spend week, two or even month doing some "not really interesting for others" stuff. I mean there can be nothing interesting to tell about. Or you can work on the same thing over weeks and you cant post report every week like "we are still working on the same stuff as week before, but for now we`ve done a little more of it. Stay tuned, see you next week"

Fair enough. But you don't necessarily have to talk about things you are doing right now. Probably I am missing some bits of communication on Steam and Discord, maybe I am fooled by my own memory, but there have been mentioned several issues players have with the game which never quite received an answer. But to give an answer you would not necessarily have to be working on them right now.

E.g. This is our sound model: Each gun has a certain audible range (suppressed and not suppressed). The sound is altered like this if there is a wall in between you, crouching can be heard from x1 m, crouch sprint from x2, etc. Given some players have still problems to hear foot steps we are going to look at that and make sure they are played within 30m of range no matter the rest of the sound background at a specific moment.

Or some future content could have been teased. Back in summer we got the sneak on 4 weapons. Surely since then some more assets have been created. Or some concepts for future maps have reached some certain level of development.

I am aware that this must be hard especially because you have to know all this stuff to be able to report on it which literally means it takes time off the dev team's working time. But on the other hand I assume that some information like that would have been some nice bread to the circus of the game itself suited to calm down a hotheaded and passionate mob of a community. :D

That being said and having read Ragir's post in the other thread I am fully aware of how much time is put into the game by the team and how much energy it might cost. So let me conclude with something else directed to the team: Take care of yourself! And please don't take any of this personal or as a sign of disrespect. It's more like being critical about your football team's recent performance - no matter how mad you sound, you still love your team :)

8 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

E.g. This is our sound model

yep, it would be cool to hear about game mechanics, but the fact is that game in EA so everything may change in any time

E.g. here is our shooting mechanics: we have vertical recoil.... *0.2 comes out*... and sway.... *0.8 comes out*....oops, now we have a horizontal recoil... *1.0 comes out* damn, now we have something more. Its too early to say how things work till its not released you know, everything may be tweaked, reworked, deleted from the game, etc

8 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

literally means it takes time off the dev team's working time.

and yeah, another one reason is here

Just wait a little, everything will be good ;)

I dont like the Server merge also the idea to get servers full with 350+ Ping player.

In that case bot support would be better XD.

I also would like to know how this Ping 150 thing works?? Is it like in good old Bf2 times where in the config the latency was fixed at a value about 100ms??

There was the same problem.Shoot at someone and can not kill them because I have a Ping of 9ms but the config makes 100ms of it.

To play ESL or competitiv i had to change the config to my real Ping after that the hitreg was "AWESOME".

But I have found a solution against the China high Pingers that you can not kill...!!!!

Just leave the game and play Bf4,Squad,Insurgency,ARMA there you dont have to bother with Ping punishment XD

See first

Shoot first

Kill first...

For everyone who wants to see my connection speeds HERE:

146.xxx.xxx.xxx  |  Min  |  Avg  |  Max  |Std.Dev|Reliab%|
  ----------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
  + Cached Name   | 0,009 | 0,010 | 0,014 | 0,001 | 100,0 |
  + Uncached Name | 0,011 | 0,031 | 0,236 | 0,040 | 100,0 |
  + DotCom Lookup | 0,015 | 0,018 | 0,030 | 0,003 | 100,0 |
  ---<-------->---+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
                   XXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      MYLOC-AS, DE...best performance servers!!!

80.xxx.xxx.xxx  |  Min  |  Avg  |  Max  |Std.Dev|Reliab%|
  ----------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
  + Cached Name   | 0,008 | 0,010 | 0,017 | 0,001 | 100,0 |
  + Uncached Name | 0,015 | 0,045 | 0,228 | 0,052 | 100,0 |
  + DotCom Lookup | 0,016 | 0,019 | 0,034 | 0,003 | 100,0 |
  ---<-------->---+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+

I do not use Google or other DNS ...to slow 😆

But this is ridiculous sometimes

36746C976E6DD144B52C1E55F66F1D76FFD9BE23

No Headshot No kill China player

and another China player i was not able to kill with my high ping of 10ms XD

FE079145FE90D385E5E38C78E1342398C0A1A0F3

Or like this

I was shooting He was sprinting and he allready taking hits ...

grafik.thumb.png.61b95f5e76898c5653a8552b7839f6c0.png

and he is taking more hits

grafik.thumb.png.268c0bbc8b23d324e6d5a1516dd9ef14.png

but at the end he just stops takes his weapon and instand kills me with Headshot...aaah Yeah

grafik.thumb.png.b482a7577e572c4d8894e4b148e456e3.png

Personal record is i shoot him 3times in the face with M417 and than i get instand killed by him with a oneshot ...did not hear the shoot just white light and dead

It was like WTF???

looks like this ...

grafik.thumb.png.6d797d4f987694e4e29cb3065cc76676.png

I recorded the hole match because it was absolute redicilous how the performance sucks when China players with a ping around 400 join EU servers.

As i count in this match was around 16 players from China and in total 30 players

It feels as if i am playing with a crap latency...

I think maybe this will end like in PUBG where the community try to force a region lock for China...cos of Cheats and Pingabuse...

This Patch make me actual play WW³ waaaaaaaaaaaay less than before because it does not make Fun any more... sorry but thats the truth...

I personal never get the idea to join an Asian Server with high Ping in ANY GAME EVER!!!!...exception if want to troll people

I would like to prefer a Ping lock... ping above 150 NOT ABLE TO JOIN THE SERVER...That would be fair*point*

grafik.png

• Like 2

I hardly can agree more. The latency and ping issues lately have become so annoying that I hardly want to play the game anymore and I am not sure if it was the right idea to do the server merge now. I do understand the rationale behind it, to let players from outside Europe have a chance to find a game until the playerbase in their regions recovers. But as of know the experience is worsened for the Europeans which is the largest player group I guess. Not sure if that is ideal.

Last matches I played have been just what Enigma described and it makes me roll my eyes a lot more often than I wish it would.

• Like 1

😒Intolerant speeches I'm seeing here. Are u, germans, against migrants?! Don't u see their suffering?!

😋😁

BTW, it sometimes is RLY confusing to play vs high-latency opponents. But don't think there is anything to be done except preventing them from entering the servers.