weedtime

Feedback on update 0.8

@HeiligeRobbe

The region of the server is in front of the name of the game. Asians still would've joined EU servers, only they then had to restart the game. I don't think the server merge has anything to do with it.

@tynblpb Oh on the contrary :D as was discussed in the other thread Laoge and his friends are decent and smart players who actually play the objective. So I would in fact encourage them to move to Europe to have lower pings :D.

@Matt_dOvale yeah you got a point there. Still since the Server merge it feels like the ping and delay have gotten worse. But probably I am fooled by my own impression and it was as bad beforehand.

Here is just how it looks when the start teleporting in front of you...or they just teleport aroud a corner

I do not want to cut and make a new video but in Miunte 7:00 Teleporting and at 22:45 they teleport around the corner ..also other strange thing...like i hit the fire button and nothing happends XD

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Here is just how it looks when the start teleporting in front of you...or they just teleport aroud a corner

I do not want to cut and make a new video but in Miunte 7:00 Teleporting and at 22:45 they teleport around the corner ..also other strange thing...like i hit the fire button and nothing happends XD

while we are all living in 2020, this guy is living in 2021

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atway said:

while we are all living in 2020, this guy is living in 2021

😆

Yeah i have this a lot...i also have something i even do now know how to call it.

I have to make a screen next time i see this...

I would discribe it as people are hovering above the ground floating above the ground and they are quantum shiftet...looks realy strange

Yeah ...last match i to me with this Patch

I need to stop playing this bullshit Patch cos it just makes me mad...

Everything is okay till China players join the Server!!!

I start playing on EU server with a Ping shown at top left 21... The game was good and it makes fun.

But then China seems to wake up or wtf ever more and more Chinese join the server and Ping went up to 60.

I start to get killed over and over again by the same guy ...because i can not hit him even when i aim for the head i get an instandkill from him.

As with these China people and there retarded high ping 350-400 ..they laugh there ass off about EU players and servers.

You can run behind cover but you are dead any ways!!! Why you ask??

Because the guy who is shooting at you is from China with ping of 450 ...WTF???

And my own Ping is 9-15 max

Thanks for the disadvantage of a low Ping!!!

P.S.: IMPORTANT QUESTION

Is it allowed to use a bullshit DNS to get a lagging ultra high Ping as the Chinese have?

like these ones 114.114.115.119 ,114.114.114.119 this one is the best 221.224.150.42 Server in Suzhou makes u teleport across the server.

You get a Ping greater that 580ms...

I tested it in 1 match and it was amazing..they are not able to hit you any more with a ping greater than 460ms XD

Sure sometimes you can not run through a door cos of the high ping.

But u own like Laoge,EVA,占 点 小 能 手 冲 点 指 挥 官,Lau manaf ,罡刀 ,艺术就是派大星 ...

So please do a region lock or a high Ping lock

Edited by Enigma

I think the increase in lag shown in the top left is not related to where players are joining from. It seems to increase when the server gets crowded regardless from where the players are. Not sure though.

That is not to say you are incorrect about the rest and before somebody jumps in and says Enigma is just bad and should l2p or something: While is no Shroud, he is definitely good enough to tell when something is off with his aim. And I double his complaints. :-( The servers feel somewhat jerky overall recently. As far as I understood the report, a ping above 150 should give the disadvantage to the high ping player. Given that Enigma was able to play with a high ping and apparently had the advantage I wonder if everything works as intended?

40 минут назад, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

before somebody jumps in and says Enigma is just bad and should l2p or something

I'm here.🤪

Strange thing1. Me having much weaker PC and playing the same EU servers has no problems with teleporting enemies etc.while Enigma is complaining about his problems like, forever.

But I do not change game files. While he does. I have no problems. But he does. 

The only time I was having problems like this was when I had 30% packet loss.

Well, lucky you then. I have exactly the same problem since a couple of days (or rather it got a lot worse since then). I am not recording any gameplay or altering any game files.

I hope that they close the make the servers like before...

As i said i tested yesterday and recorded the hole match mit bad DNS and high Ping... and you can actually see the delay...

I mean i can see it looks like this

19 hours ago, tynblpb said:

I'm here.🤪

Strange thing1. Me having much weaker PC and playing the same EU servers has no problems with teleporting enemies etc.while Enigma is complaining about his problems like, forever.

But I do not change game files. While he does. I have no problems. But he does. 

The only time I was having problems like this was when I had 30% packet loss.

Yeah skilled ansere 🙈

I hate liar and then people ask me why i get mad??

Dude  I complaine since the server merge. That i recognize more teleport movement problem(Fixxed) and inputlag.Maybe your PC hardware is to old to recognize anything of what i see. 

Or the playstyle is different??? There is no lagging if you camp oh i mean defend 😜    If your playing on 60Hz Monitor the stutter is normal to you 🤣 . I recognize instandly when FPS drop below 120HZ or FPS.

Next is it Seems like you have some crystal fortune telling device 🤣 What gamefiles did i change by the way and what is the effect??

Back to Topic:

The gameplay and ttd is okay if the server has not to deal with 16 people joining from China "Point"

On 2/18/2020 at 3:50 AM, Enigma said:

Yeah skilled ansere 🙈

I hate liar and then people ask me why i get mad??

Dude  I complaine since the server merge. That i recognize more teleport movement problem(Fixxed) and inputlag.Maybe your PC hardware is to old to recognize anything of what i see. 

Or the playstyle is different??? There is no lagging if you camp oh i mean defend 😜    If your playing on 60Hz Monitor the stutter is normal to you 🤣 . I recognize instandly when FPS drop below 120HZ or FPS.

Next is it Seems like you have some crystal fortune telling device 🤣 What gamefiles did i change by the way and what is the effect??

Back to Topic:

The gameplay and ttd is okay if the server has not to deal with 16 people joining from China "Point"

The game is filled with casuals who are ignorant about skilled gaming, I feel your pain. 60 frames v 120< is night and day and really helps you aim better.

The game feels so bad at the 75-100 ping the US players got premerge. Having ping in the 20s must of be nice. You really start to feel the issues in this game with the quick TTK and high ping. With 300 ping is faster then the TTK and even human response times meaning that you can have no way to counter a high ping player using peakers advantage because he will be almost half a second in the future to you perception.
When you lag you have a advantage of being in the future compared to other players but you also have the disadvantage of having your reaction all appearing to happen in the past.

Its good for those players to have a server to play on but it kills the game for the people who were playing it already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

The game is filled with casuals who are ignorant about skilled gaming, I feel your pain. 60 frames v 120< is night and day and really helps you aim better.

The game feels so bad at the 75-100 ping the US players got premerge. Having ping in the 20s must of be nice. You really start to feel the issues in this game with the quick TTK and high ping. With 300 ping is faster then the TTK and even human response times meaning that you can have no way to counter a high ping player using peakers advantage because he will be almost half a second in the future to you perception.
When you lag you have a advantage of being in the future compared to other players but you also have the disadvantage of having your reaction all appearing to happen in the past.

Its good for those players to have a server to play on but it kills the game for the people who were playing it already.

THANKS DUDE!! Speaking righ of my mouth...

I mean seriously I don´t know ANYBODY who connects to a China or Australian Server to play with a 400ms latency!

I only would do this if i want to Troll People.  In other competetiv,tactial FPS games (BF2+3+4,ARMA,PR,AA just a few) you get kicked when your Ping is too high

Dont get me wrong I like Laoge and his frineds very nice guys but I just leave the game when Laoge and friends from China are joining the server with full Squad...

Because it sucks if you shoot them in the Head with M417 and nothing happens... they just turn around and oneshot you.

To me it is just absolute unfair....even when i try to make an AS Server running they will NOT join.

Laoge once told to me China Servers are all very bad?!?!

TO THE DEVs:

Could someone of you please explaine how this 150ms Latency  thing works?

Is it like in good old Bf2 times where it is writen in the config??like this

GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.100000 = 100ms just one of the values

P.S.: XD and noone believes me when i said that Call of Duty is just copy/paste gaming ...Quake engine lol i stopped playing CoD after first Modern Warfare that was awesome...but after that they just released MODs...nothing new...just same as Battlefield series is doing now

My Ping

|  Min  |  Avg  |  Max  |Std.Dev|Reliab%|
  ----------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
  - Cached Name   | 0,009 | 0,011 | 0,020 | 0,002 | 100,0 |
  - Uncached Name | 0,011 | 0,035 | 0,216 | 0,042 | 100,0 |
  - DotCom Lookup | 0,014 | 0,019 | 0,044 | 0,005 | 100,0 |
  ---<-------->---+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+

MYLOC-AS, DE

|  Min  |  Avg  |  Max  |Std.Dev|Reliab%|
  + Cached Name   | 0,009 | 0,011 | 0,025 | 0,003 | 100,0 |
  + Uncached Name | 0,013 | 0,036 | 0,227 | 0,045 | 100,0 |
  + DotCom Lookup | 0,014 | 0,017 | 0,036 | 0,004 | 100,0 |
                          MYLOC-AS, DE

and Google

8.  8.  8.  8 |  Min  |  Avg  |  Max  |Std.Dev|Reliab%|
  - Cached Name   | 0,011 | 0,015 | 0,028 | 0,004 | 100,0 |
  - Uncached Name | 0,014 | 0,048 | 0,238 | 0,060 | 100,0 |
  - DotCom Lookup | 0,015 | 0,019 | 0,028 | 0,004 | 100,0 |
                       dns.google
                       GOOGLE, US

other DNS are all faster then google US

Edited by Enigma

On 2/23/2020 at 1:35 PM, Enigma said:

Dont get me wrong I like Laoge and his frineds very nice guys but I just leave the game when Laoge and friends from China are joining the server with full Squad...

Because it sucks if you shoot them in the Head with M417 and nothing happens... they just turn around and oneshot you.

To me it is just absolute unfair....even when i try to make an AS Server running they will NOT join.

when they usaly play? I want to try it by myself :) Played few days on EU and NA (250+ latency) and didnt face something you told about

Edited by Atway

3 минуты назад, Atway сказал:

when they usaly play? I want to try it by myself :) Played few days on EU and NA (250+ latency) and didnt face something you told about

Have played vs them 14-18 Moscow time. Nothing extraordinary. It's just they are playing WW3 "the way it was meant to be played", running as team of 5 etc. And when I was usually singlehandedly capturing 1 CP, they were capturing 2nd. No matter how hard I struggled I wasn't able to keep their pace. So, 3 matches in a row my team was having 1-2 captured CPs and eventually my dear teammates start to camp, without any chances to turn the tide of battle. It's if we talk about gameplay.

As per gunplay, again nothing extraordinary. It's just it's hard to win vs 5 man squad. My best was 3 out of 5. I would say 0.3-0.4Gaceks. 0.5 at best.l

1 minute ago, tynblpb said:

I would say 0.3-0.4Gaceks. 0.5 at best.l

pffff, nothing interesting then :D nice measurement :D

2 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

As per gunplay, again nothing extraordinary

so, no "bullets avoiding in Matrix style", no instakills from other side of the planet and so on?

2 минуты назад, Atway сказал:

so, no "bullets avoiding in Matrix style", no instakills from other side of the planet and so on?

Luckily, no. From my experience at least. Don't know about others. Just a 5 man squad of good players.

Just now, tynblpb said:

Just a 5 man squad of good players

well, that always looks like some of them pre-firing you, know where exactly you are and so on. But its just good voice communication (often face that against full GiD squad and its really fun :D )

Thanks

Цитата

Fixed Anders PhysX crash

Aaaaand? What was causing it? I'm rly curious. Can someone from dev team uncover it?

P.S.

Цитата

Fixed not gaining XP for repairing friendly vehicles (they still don't show up on HUD

It means players will continue refusing to repair vehicles...😑😝

Edited by tynblpb

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

It means players will continue to refuse to repair vehicles...😑😝

yeah, it would be better to show them in HUD but not give them :D  "ohhh, points! Who cares that i dont recieve them - I see them in the HUD!"

1 минуту назад, Atway сказал:

yeah, it would be better to show them in HUD but not give them :D  "ohhh, points! Who cares that i dont recieve them - I see them in the HUD!"

U know the idea! But srsly, majority of players:

a) somehow miss what is written in patchnotes.

b) do not repair allied vehicles. Because... u know, it is HIS tank, not MINE. Why should I care?

c) if u'll give some points for repairing I'll think about it. Here u need to re-read point (a).

Without showing players how awesome they are when they are repairing allied vehicles, casual majority would not care... Ehhh...

10 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

a) somehow miss what is written in patchnotes.

not everyone follows patchnotes - most of players dont care what exactly was changed, they judge the game in "how i feel" way

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

b) do not repair allied vehicles. Because... u know, it is HIS tank, not MINE. Why should I care?

most of vehicles dont cover infantry who are repairing them. Its like "why should i repair him, he doesnt cover me" from one side and "why should i cover him, he doesnt repair me" from the other one. Endless ping-pong

14 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

c) if u'll give some points for repairing I'll think about it. Here u need to re-read point (a).

no, just everyone plays solo. They came to play how they want but not how the game meant to be played. Everyone plays their own "single-multiplayer" game, just with nonpredictable "bots" (which are actually other players, who ofc in their turn play their own "single-multiplayer" game)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Performance became even worse for me after 0.8.6.1. I might be wrong, but it seems that even in 0.8.6 it wasnt that bad. On Smolensk I got drops down to 30 FPS in average, and sometimes down to few frames per second: like I see someone shooting at me, literally 3 frames, dead. I had the same only when Smolensk was added in 0.6 and wasnt optimized yet.

On Warsaw yesterday it was... meeh, playable but not good enough

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1