weedtime

Feedback on update 0.8

Seeing lately Gacek reappearing on servers and stomping ppl and then they start to blame him that he is bad bad cheater I decided that I'll make a post about it.

Though sometimes I myself think that he is using no-recoil macros because, u know, upper torso and head hit from 70+ m far when full auto was kinda too much even for me and even for SA80 he is using. But I'm too lazy too blame him. And sometimes I take SA80 too and kill ppl on 60-70+ m distances with full-auto. And switch back to weaker weapons.

Though when yesterday he killed me 2 times when I was sitting in the base area and "piloting' HeliDrone for a second I thought: u cheat0r! . A little later u'll see why I still don't accuse him of cheating.

So, putting aside Gacek's skill and ability to shoot. Putting aside him using only SA80. There are 2 main reasons why ppl accuse him:

1st) Gacek is using lightweight kit. So, lightweight kit means that with no-stamina mechanics ur sprinting speed is constant 7m/s. And only this gives too much advantage for ppl with high DPS weapons that are abruptly appear from behind the corner/cover. With not working in 0.8 ads/equip modifiers there is too short delay between the sprinting and shooting and lightweight kits win the most. Ppl often can not react to appearing in front of them enemy. And it is if we talk about face-to-face encounter.

Here appears 2nd reason. I would not say he is abusing it, but Gacek and his friends spam Barracuda non-stop. I was talking about Barracuda giving too big advantage to attacking side here.

Shortly: with 3D spot provided by Barracudas UAV side that is moving has the advantage. U can appear from behind the corner, u know where the enemies are with both 3d spot  and mini-map. And the lighter is ur kit that easier u can flank enemies and then u can use ur 60 round "drummed" SA80 to perform triple+ kills on unexpected enemies.

U can say: u can use jammer to secure ur position. And here appears that problem that there is long-standing bug. This.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11927-jam-doesnt-block-3d-spot/&tab=comments#comment-56225

So it doesn't matter what u will do to oppose this tactics - nothing will help u. All u can do is to pick the lightweight kit, add Barracuda to strikes list and try to outshoot rly good player.

That is why I was asking to remove 3d spot from WW3 as it is clearly unbalanced feature.

And returning to Gacek killing me in the base. It was this spot.

Скрытый текст

1234.thumb.jpg.61460fc686bc2f51f11dde3acdc655e6.jpg

No talking about him killing me "through the wall".  I was sitting far enough so that u can kill me only if u know that I'm sitting there. Gif as the proof. Lightweight kit has only 1 sec remaining after running all the way to that spot and back and shooting.

baserun.gif.8cf6f7c5f437268b97a51581202d7ef0.gif

If not blaming Gacek being the cheater - the only reason is that there was Barracuda above me, that spotted me. So, today I was playing and testing Barracuda's spot on the protected areas. And Yes, Barracuda does spot enemies in the protected area of the bases. Not to mention that when flying Barracuda and other UAVs enter the protected zone, but aren't destroyed there. @Polak, I'm too lazy to create a theme, could u, plz, count that as bugreport?

Скрытый текст

20201024231103_1.thumb.jpg.e368a4c9f5dd016b3970e9046ab25963.jpg20201024230240_1.thumb.jpg.592a69d9033cdc3a13998418ae9be59b.jpg

And one more thing. There is the same problem with protected areas of the Attacker side on Breakthrough. U can easily hang the reconnaissance UAVs above the attacker's head and it will show all of them on the map making their efforts futile. Count that as bugreport too, plz.

I hope with all above I made it clear that the "best" tactics currently is to run'n'gun with lightweight kit and highDPS weapons while spamming the Barracuda UAV.

I hope that reworked movement/animation and equip/ADS time will somehow fix/nerf this meta. And Gacek too.😋

Next thing is the glowing of the optics.

Скрытый текст

20201018165448_1.thumb.jpg.8644c1413c45c3a81c2f34527c2468ef.jpg20201018162619_1.thumb.jpg.c6c38c9c4c639149ae0be4b7b42b0aef.jpg

Yes, for newcomers it can be huge help when they'll try to oppose enemy vehicles with handheld weapons. Though 90% doesn't care.

But IMO they are glowing too hard. And if we talk about default tanks that have not that big optics, it is understandable that u need to show ppl where to shoot. But when we are talking about something like AU-220 57-mm turret... It looks like this.

Скрытый текст

20201018170630_1.thumb.jpg.912be0d02731426c251733f6ef5a7234.jpg

U almost do not need to aim to destroy optics. And they are even glowing to show where u need to shoot. Compare them to Gepard optics. It's pain in the ass to destroy it when u r further then 30 from it.

Скрытый текст

20201024232040_1.thumb.jpg.7d63934ef5f52aaa57364500242a5d04.jpg

And ERA 30mm turret optics simply doesn't glow at all.

Скрытый текст

20201024225738_1.thumb.jpg.d3ce3a2ba1d8b30e6050552a46a8a7be.jpg

So I'm thinking that this glowing should be removed completely (noobs must suffer, yeah) or it should be something like Small optic - glowing, Big - Does Not. Or it should be blinking for a short time with 1 sec period. 

Finally. Sound was called as the weakest feature of the WW3 since the day one. There were many works done on that matter. I will talk about few minor issues, that are bugging me.

Not many know it, but there is weak whistling sound when RPG is flying 1 meter far from u. And when I say weak it's WEAK. "Fwoom" sound of the bullets is as loud. So, I rly hope that with the mentioned rework of the sound devs will significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY, increase the volume of the sound effects such as the whistling sound RPG, sounds of the shells flying by so it would be heard even 5-10 meters far from it. Because now it isn't intimidating at all, even when u r being suppressed. Screen darkening shows that somebody is shooting at u, not the sound effects of the projectiles.

And I think that's all worth mentioning if we talk about 0.8 patch.

Edited by tynblpb
typos

@tynblpb Acknowledged, the bug has been mentioned a few times before so it should be known. Thanks for the feedback

Let me add one point to what @tynblpb said about the use of the light weight kit in combination with barracuda and so on:

I think the lightweight kit is sometimes too fast for the server. Using the tactic tyblpb described above, you have no chance to react on the receiving end because often you are dead before you see your enemy on screen when he is coming around a corner, or you cannot hit really hit them on the move, because the players are not where you see them - I believe that was or is one of the main reasons why there were complaints about the laggy servers.

• Thanks 1

8 часов назад, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

you cannot hit really hit them on the move, because the players are not where you see them - I believe that was or is one of the main reasons why there were complaints about the laggy servers.

I don't have problems with that. I'm saying that in CQC lightweight kits when sprinting move faster than u can follow them with ur crosshair. Or even on mid distances their speed is enough to pass the dangerous places without being killed because the required time is far below than TTK of the average player.

Plus, they are to agile when strafing.

We all know there were some works done on animation, but with it not being implemented ATM, we can't rly say how much this new animation will fix run'n'gunning. I just hope strafing speed will be significantly reduced.

I know what you said. That's why I wanted to add something. It might very well be that you did have no issues but at least for me, there were always some players I was plainly unable to hit consistently. Please don't get me wrong, my complaint is not that I could not win a head on firefight with guys like Gacek or Atway who are just waaaay better than I am. The problem is I could not hit some players on ranges were I would hit others consistently any time of the day and I am confident enough to say that my aim does not fail on the very same guys again and again. :D

26.10.2020 в 00:19, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

because the players are not where you see them

My thoughts were that quotated sentence was addressing to the usual BF's misalignment of the hitboxes and models when soldier is moving. And that wasn't the problem with WW3 for at least a year.

But if u talk about bulletsponging enemies but dealing zero dmg... that is not the case for me too. There was only one single situation that lasted few seconds where both me and my opponent have been shooting at each other but there was no dmg dealt. We've waited few seconds, reloaded and then everything was back to normal.

Only this 1 case. So I have no idea why ppl complain so often. Mb WW3 loves me the most.😋

9 hours ago, tynblpb said:

My thoughts were that quotated sentence was addressing to the usual BF's misalignment of the hitboxes and models when soldier is moving. And that wasn't the problem with WW3 for at least a year.

But if u talk about bulletsponging enemies but dealing zero dmg... that is not the case for me too. There was only one single situation that lasted few seconds where both me and my opponent have been shooting at each other but there was no dmg dealt. We've waited few seconds, reloaded and then everything was back to normal.

Only this 1 case. So I have no idea why ppl complain so often. Mb WW3 loves me the most.😋

:-)

Edited by fikost

3 часа назад, fikost сказал:

:-)

Oh, this thing. Well, it isn't new for me. I made previously a theme about this bug.

I presume it was on NA server?

Just to self-comfort me that I'm not saying something without evidence. This is how protected area spotting with Barracuda works.

Скрытый текст

20201101173916_1.thumb.jpg.d5685337e3fb1d88b5dd2c16e186edf4.jpg

Talking about gun-meta.

Currently there are 2 meta guns. SA80 and PKP Pecheneg.

Regarding SA80 I've created a theme already.

I'll briefly repeat what I think should be done so it will not stand out as much as it is now.

1st. Limit mag capacity to 30 rounds and less. Vepr-18 is the only AR that doesn't have 50+ drum magazines and it forces u too be much more cautious when expecting firefights with 2+ enemies.

2nd. Currently SA80 is overbuffed. When introduced it had big vertical barrel kick after the first shot, it was 2-3 times bigger than 2nd to 3rd shots kicks. Same as with UKM. Later it had been significantly reduced. Now u can without any worries use only vertical recoil reducing grips without any penalties as the horizontal kicks for SA80 are non-existent. And than u can go full auto on 70+ meters distances. I think that this vertical kick should return. 

3rd. Hipfire dispersion. INCREASE it plz. Again, no penalty for hip-firing with SA80 as it has one of the lowest/smallest spreads.

Even if all above will be applied to SA80 it still will be VERY good AR because of it's rate of fire.

Second meta gun. PKP Pecheneg.

This is how meta-loadout looks like with the remark that scopes are individual preferences.

20201104164649_1.thumb.jpg.6dedc8794534094331cb37fd1ecdb381.jpg

THE ONE AND ONLY(in 0.8) FULL-AUTO WEAPON THAT CAN OHK WITH HEADSHOTS(short barrel).

Western rifle round weapons even with short barrel deal max headshot dmg = 95.

Even this 1 reason will be enough to make it popular. But there are more things:

It's has AR's vertical recoil. Therefore u can without any worries equip it with horizontal recoil reducing grip. And here comes that fact that the only available for PKP forehand grip is the UKM grip which is the best horizontal recoil reducing grip. U simply have no choice.

Next is muzzle. Because PKP has big muzzle flash - the best choice are silencers. And with AR's vertical recoil, low kicks and compensated horizontal recoil, silencers without any penalties fix the only remaining weakness. And then u can go ya-ta-ta-ta on 70+m distances. 

Remembering OHK headshots even against III lvl helmets what else u could wish? But PKp gives u even more. With introduced shortbarrel - highdmg system base dmg of the PKP is 46 on the 100+ m distances.

BTK is 3. In 99% of situations. Who cares about 550 RpM RoF if u almost always kill ppl with 3 bullets on any distances?

This is bullet dmg spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rHXtyvJKHxd77DjqccAA9ULRl2yQfMuQJ8JRMeR9RN0/edit#gid=0

And there we can see that even Ceramic vest's plate deflects only 35% of the bullet dmg. With that 46 * 0.65 = 29.9 dmg will be dealt after the bullet will pass the plate. Even with 2 bullets hitting vest and 1 torso hit it still be 3 bullets to kill. 29.9+29.9+46 = 105.8 dmg.

If we were shooting chest-high we can hit not the armor but the arms. 0.67 multiplier. Even with 2 arm-hits and 1 torso hit it will be (46*0.67)82 + 46 = 107.8 dmg.

Pic below is from Weekly Report №45.

image4.jpg

And I'm not talking about HP rounds where u can go for 2 torso hit BTK. PKP is the most forgiving weapon if we talk about shot placement. Those who regularly use PKP often stop pressing LMB after 3rd round because why should we waste ammo if enemy is dead anyway?

So, to fix this a little I think that rifle cartridge's max dmg should be no more than 42, because with this 1 torso + 2limb/armor hits will be slightly less than 100 dmg and it will require ppl to shoot 1 more round. Additionally it will fix headshot OHK of the PKP, because now it's not that rare to OHK ppl on ~100m distances.

This post was about most efficient guns that should be nerfed to be balanced, because problem lies within the guns themselves, and loadouts/ADS time/equip time can't do this. Well, loadouts can do, but who I'm to judge some perverts who, for example, 😏attach Monster/RGL grips to Beryl 7.62/SCAR-H?

Edited by tynblpb