Dunabar

[Vehicle] Vehicles that could enhance WW3 - AFVs| CV90

Hey Folks

So I was planning to cover WW3's Meta Game next after having wrapped up my first round of Weapon Suggestion posts. But, with some missing information that I would like to have, Breakthrough going live, and some other stuff having come down the tracks. I figured it would be better to just shelve those plans for now and come back to them at a later date. For now I'm going to divide my suggestion energy between Vehicles and making map rework suggestions for Breakthrough. The reworks will take longer than the Vehicles will to create, so the Vehicle posts will be more for when I need to relax a little, and needed to relax a little I did when typing up this suggestion post for the Swedish CV90.

If you wish to read other Suggestion posts I have made, click the link below. Otherwise, lets get started with the CV90.

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - CV90 - Real life information about the CV90.
  • Section 2 - Differing the CV90 from other AFVs - Suggestions to differ the CV90 from other AFVs.
  • Section 3 - CV90 Stats & Comparisons - Suggested Stock Stats for the CV90 and comparisons.
  • Section 4 - CV90 Customization - Customization Options for the CV90.

----

Section 1 - CV90

image.thumb.png.170200121ecf65634911030513b50bb7.png

image.thumb.jpeg.e9f21c8e1c1dbe30c9a0610880fb2ad0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.399c043bca1b15ab203deaaeaa23e088.jpeg

Introduction & Demonstration Videos of the CV90.

Extra Information sources.

Originating in 1993 the CV90 or Combat Vehicle 90, is a Swedish tracked combat Vehicle designed by Sweden's Defense Materiel Administration, BAE Systems Hägglunds, and Bofors. The Swedish Military was looking for a Vehicle to replace their PBV 301 troop carrier and they wanted something the met a list of demands within 5 years. The Vehicle needed a Medium Sized Cannon, high mobility, high troop carrying capacity. After the PBV 301 was replaced by the 302 variant, the PBV 302 was quick to become outdated, and the Swedish Military saw the need for a totally new design to meet the demands of the modern battlefield. Needless to say this new design to come would be the CV90 or (once again) the Combat Vehicle 90 and would go to become one of the most popular tracked combat Vehicles in Europe. Outside of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, and recently Estonia have adopted the CV90 into their armed forces. However, more countries are considering the CV90 for their armed forces as well such as; Lithuania, Croatia, Czech Republic, Poland, Canada, United Kingdom, and the United States. In the case of Poland, their CV90120T would later be rebuilt into what would be known as the PL-01.

During prototype testing, five CV90s were sent with three of the five being armed actually. One had a 40mm Bofors L70 Autocannon, another a Bushmaster I 25mm Autocannon, and the final a Bushmaster II 30mm Autocannon. The other CV90s were primarily there for test driving and to see how well the Vehicle could handle whatever the Swedish Military could throw at it. The Vehicle would perform beyond expectations, reaching a top speed of 70 KPH (or 43.4 MPH), weighing in at 23 tons even while fully loaded with Infantry inside, able to perform the role of a amphibious vehicle with some work, and it's frontal armor has proven effective against rounds up to 30mm do to both it's material & frontal slope armor design.

So, if the CV90 was added to the game, how could it differ itself from the other AFVs beyond it's stats?

----

Section 2 - Differing the CV90 from other AFVs

In order to really differ the CV90 from the other AFVs in game (aside from giving the Vehicle it's native main armament the 40mm Bofors Autocannon), the CV90 should have two passive abilities that are unique to it's real life counterpart. The Mark III CV90 (in real life) has the ability to both automatically detect hostile enemy vehicles out to a certain range and fire either it's smoke grenades or main gun automatically when trying to evade or eliminate hostile threats while also instructing the driver of potential threats. With this in mind, I suggest the following.

1. Automatic Emergency Smoke Screen - A unique passive ability that allows the CV90 to automatically deploy it's Smoke Grenades upon reaching half health (permitting the CV90 is equipped with a Turret that can use Smoke Grenades and the Driver hasn't already used them up.) By making this an automated system, the driver of the CV90 can focus primarily on getting out of trouble rather than fidgeting about deploying their smoke grenades when the heat is getting poured on them. Though if possible I think it would be good to also allow the automatic system to be shut off in the event the player wants it turned off for some reason.
  2. Active Hostile Vehicle Detection System - A unique passive ability that allows the CV90 to both automatically mark active enemy Vehicles that are within line of sight for allies & the Driver and highlight the enemy Vehicle for the CV90 driver with a four color threat meter to give the Driver a clue as to how dangerous the enemy vehicle is to them. Of course neither of these effects should happen if the enemy Vehicle is out of the CV90's optical sights.
    • Green - The enemy Vehicle is of little to no threat to the CV90.
    • Yellow - The enemy Vehicle is of modest danger to the CV90.
    • Orange - The enemy Vehicle is of considerable danger to the CV90.
    • Red - The enemy Vehicle is very dangerous to the CV90.

----

Section 3 - CV90 Stats & Comparisons

Because Vehicle stats are a little more tricky to handle than gun stats, I've covered only the stats I felt I could comfortably attempt to offer some sort of balance suggestion to. Yes that means there are stats that I'm leaving off the list purely because I wasn't sure how to approach them exactly and I felt it was better to just leave them in the hands of the Developers to figure out the best path. The stats I have left off the list are as followed.

1. Mobility - Pivot Speed
  2. Mobility - Acceleration
  3. Main Armament - Armor Thickness
  4. Main Armament - Burst Damage
  5. Main Armament - Damage per minute

As for the stats I did cover, the old rules still apply only in this case I'm comparing a stock Vehicle vs. another stock Vehicle to avoid making an even larger wall of text. Down below you can see the color code I will be using.

• Green - The (CV90) Vehicle is better compared to this Vehicle in this particular stat.
  • Yellow - The (CV90) Vehicle is equal or competitive compared to this Vehicle in this particular stat.
  • Red - The (CV90) Vehicle is worse compared to this Vehicle in this particular stat.

Please note:  I cannot test these stats to confirm balance, so think of these as more of a proposed starting place for testing on the PTE.

Basic Stats of the CV90 vs Ajax & Marder

• CV90 HP: 870
    • Ajax HP: 850
    • Marder HP: 900
  • CV90 Frontal Armor: 6
    • Ajax Frontal Armor: 5.4
    • Marder Frontal Armor: 5.71
  • CV90 Side Armor: 4.72
    • Ajax Side Armor: 4.72
    • Marder Side Armor: 5
  • CV90 Rear Armor: 1.85
    • Ajax Rear Armor: 2.22
    • Marder Rear Armor: 2.35

Mobility Performance of the CV90 vs Ajax & Marder

• Top Speed: 43 mph
    • Ajax: 43 mph
    • Marder: 47 mph

Main Armament of the CV90 vs Ajax & Marder

• 40mm Bofors Autocannon BP Cost: 200
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT BP Cost: 200
    • Marder 30mm HFLT BP Cost: 0
  • 40mm Bofors Autocannon Weight: 1,150.0
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT Weight: 1,000.0
    • Marder 30mm HFLT Weight: 500.0
  • 40mm Bofors Autocannon Clip Size: 16
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT Clip Size: 10
    • Marder 30mm HFLT Clip Size: 10
  • 40mm Bofors Autocannon Reload Speed: 5
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT Reload Speed: 3 Seconds
    • Marder 30mm HFLT Reload Speed: 5 Seconds
  • 40mm Bofors Autocannon RPM: 200
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT RPM: 100
    • Marder 30mm HFLT RPM: 150
  • 40mm Bofors Autocannon Rotation Speed: 5
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT Rotation Speed: 7
    • Marder 30mm HFLT Rotation Speed: 7
  • 40mm Bofors Autocannon Smoke Grenades: Yes
    • Ajax 40mm CTAT Smoke Grenades: Yes
    • Marder 30mm HFLT Smoke Grenades: Yes

----

Section 4 - CV90 Customization

Much like with the Gun posts, this section will go on by quickly since I don't plan to cover the actual stats. Mostly because there are little to no stats to work with beyond weight, so just like those stats I skipped above, I leave that all to the Developers to figure out.

• Turrets
    • All IFV/AFV Turrets optional.
  • RCWS Turret
    • All RCWS Turrets optional.
  • Chassis Armor
    • Basic Armor - Self Explained
    • RPG Nets - Self Explained
    • MEXAS-L - Light Armor
    • MEXAS-M - Medium Armor
  • Active Armor
    • All Active Armors optional.
  • Grenades
    • All Grenades optional.
  • Observation
    • All Observation sights optional.

And with all that out of the way we bring this post to an end. I hope everyone likes the CV90 or at least the general concept of it even if not exactly how I suggested it. I'm sure People will give me some flak for wanting the CV90 to have those passive abilities I mentioned. But, in the future I do plan to cover current Vehicles in game like the Boxer, Ajax, Abrams, and etc to see what improvements could be made for them which of course will include their own passive abilities/special feature suggestions just like the CV90 got in this post (If I can find a way to translate those things over to the game in a realistic enough way.) So, don't worry, this isn't some sort of hyper biasness for the CV90 running wild or anything like that, though I'm sure I will be accused of it anyways since People are..."People". But! Till the next suggestion post however...

Have a good one folks!

Edited by Dunabar
Updating links list
  • Like 2