[Breakthrough] 15v15

What BRE should be:  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What BRE should be:

• 10v10 as its now
    • 15v15
    • 20v20

Question

As we can see, the most of negative feedback for BRE is about lack of action sometimes due to its 20 player limit. So i`ve decided to form it as a suggestion. On PTE we tested 30v30 which was a totally unplayable mess (+server performance degrading). Many players suggest to increase player limit to 30, making it 15v15. I dont know how much affort it will take, but if not so much, I think such test will show is it good idea or not. Also, to prevent chaos which can occur due to higher amount of players, decrease spawntime (fast and bad option) or redesign spawnpoints (slow but the most effective option)

9 answers to this question

I put 15 v 15. There's no reason it can't be put back if it turns out to be trash, and the majority of players seem to want it that way.

We've tested it numerous times in the last 6 months and it always became unplayable when there was only one station left and it wasn't immediately destroyed. That's 30 people on one point, which has not only gameplay implications (good luck sneaking in to plant a charge), but also performance implications - this is 50% more players potentially in one spot, and this means at least 30% drop in FPS in those places - we can't afford this yet.

Both of those reasons are why BRE is 10v10, and it becomes a mess after around 24 players, we really did test it :P

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ragir said:

We've tested it numerous times in the last 6 months and it always became unplayable when there was only one station left and it wasn't immediately destroyed. That's 30 people on one point, which has not only gameplay implications (good luck sneaking in to plant a charge), but also performance implications - this is 50% more players potentially in one spot, and this means at least 30% drop in FPS in those places - we can't afford this yet.

Both of those reasons are why BRE is 10v10, and it becomes a mess after around 24 players, we really did test it :P

well, if the 1st reason is up to players, but the 2nd, unfortunatelly, brokes our dreams to try it out in 15v15 mode. Thanks for reply

Oh we'll try it out on the next PTE party for sure, if there's enough players to do it, but this also isn't ideal as PTE players generally are of higher skill and everything tends to work better with a good team on both sides :P

@RagirU can`t test in on PTE. Cos on PTE playing ppl who want play. On live servers always 3-5 ppl don`t doing nothing. They afk or sitting on base.

Its the problem why ppl ask u to do 15vs15. And when u test 15vs15 with your dev team, situation was same (everybody played.) 

Just do on live client several servers with different players like in BF.

Servers for BRE mod with 20 and 30 slots, and servers for warzone 30,40,60 slots, And everybody will be happy

People will  decide by yourself which server choose.

Edited by ೞoℓf✌
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ೞoℓf✌ said:

@RagirU can`t test in on PTE. Cos on PTE playing ppl who want play. On live servers always 3-5 ppl don`t doing nothing. They afk or sitting on base.

Its the problem why ppl ask u to do 15vs15. And when u test 15vs15 with your dev team, situation was same (everybody played.)

Exactly! @Ragir do you remember that battle on PTE on Moscow where I asked you to disable SRs in BRE? That was the brilliant example of average match on the live server - we had 4 (or even 5) snipers as attackers! And as you remember we couldnt even destroy first two radios (we destroyed A1 and then I was the only one who tried to destroy A2. I was able to plant a charge solo, but im not a superman to defend it alone vs whole team). So, this is where "action" starts... As Wolf said,there are always few player who do nothing useful

35 minutes ago, ZwierzaK said:

Add option that the only ppl with the officer rank  can play BRE.

not the best idea due to lack of players tbh

On 12/4/2019 at 8:02 AM, Atway said:

Exactly! @Ragir do you remember that battle on PTE on Moscow where I asked you to disable SRs in BRE? That was the brilliant example of average match on the live server - we had 4 (or even 5) snipers as attackers! And as you remember we couldnt even destroy first two radios (we destroyed A1 and then I was the only one who tried to destroy A2. I was able to plant a charge solo, but im not a superman to defend it alone vs whole team). So, this is where "action" starts... As Wolf said,there are always few player who do nothing useful

This was mainly because of the base layout though, this Moscow spawn has always been problematic, so we'll be doing some changes to it AFAIK. I know testing ont he PTE/internal are vastly different than live and we'll be testing more players on both BRE and WAR soon-ish, since the servers seem to be holding up a lot more.

That said, there's an additional problem right now of the low number of players, which is also skewing the current meta and we have to take that into account - most of the players we have right now are very skilled and with 1.0 we hope to water this skill down a bit, and all testing we do now on Live will also be less helpful than it is now.

BRE is not done yet either, we're still tweaking it and fixing stuff, some people might not even know where and when to move, so once all the improvements are in, the meta will shift again.

• Like 3