nubbits

[gameplay] tactical and speed reloads

What reload and ammo management system do you prefer?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What reload and ammo management system do you prefer?

• Mainstream ammo saving style (CSGO, BF etc.)
    • Ammo in each magazine retained (Insurgency)
    • Mixed reload system (as in suggestion)

Hey guys,

So I've noticed that for as long as I've been in the WW3 community, people have discussed the merits of different game reload systems. Having thought through this myself, I have my own suggestion. Although it has the potential to be a bit clunky for new players, I think there are good reasons for it.

The idea I propose is to have two different types of reloads available to a player. A player can either do a "tactical" reload, in which case their ammo count remains the same, or a "speed" reload in which case they lose all the ammo left in that magazine but reload much faster. (This doesn't change your maximum ammo capacity or anything).

The main idea of this system is to give more choice to players and have another gameplay element that may require mastery.

This feature will also be much more important to people using high capacity magazines. The reload time for a drum mag would be high enough for a tactical reload that players may end up trying to survive on the last few rounds in the drum, and will have to time their reloads, raising the skill requirement for larger size magazines.

Edited by nubbits
  • Like 6

I feel insurgencys style of keeping track of ammo it’s too “hardcore” for most people I personally prefer it but I think your mixed solution would be kinda cool only problem is it makes the game even more complicated and harder to start for new players but I does increase the skill ceiling. I would like the mixed thing though I think it fits the game. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MOBBOB said:

I feel insurgencys style of keeping track of ammo it’s too “hardcore” for most people I personally prefer it but I think your mixed solution would be kinda cool only problem is it makes the game even more complicated and harder to start for new players but I does increase the skill ceiling. I would like the mixed thing though I think it fits the game. 

I think most people would avoid speed reloads when they start which will keep it fairly easy, it's mostly meant as a balancing mechanic and to add another dimension to the game for hardcore players who are probably going to stomp most new players anyway. The idea is to shake up the meta a little.

• Like 1

i'm never care for the new players in any game if you are new player and you like the game you will learn to play sooner or later.

If play too much every game start to be boring and this special little improvements guarantee you this moment will not come sooner make the game as much as possible perfect so we can proud with years we are owners of one legendary game .

And i should mention right now the two different types of reloads available to a player is something new in the a few serious games on the market it is yet to be introduced everywhere and in that moment w.w.3 will start to feel out of dated becuse from such minor things .

sorry for my bad english .

• Like 2

I actually really like the hybrid reload idea, I'm going to send it to the design team right now, I don't see any downsides if we make it a double tap on reload - it's an advanced mechanic for experienced players and will make ammo packs more useful, so the teamplay aspect will be improved.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ragir said:

I actually really like the hybrid reload idea, I'm going to send it to the design team right now, I don't see any downsides if we make it a double tap on reload - it's an advanced mechanic for experienced players and will make ammo packs more useful, so the teamplay aspect will be improved.

R for speed reload, T for tactical and make B for light laser. Double tapping R could work, but having three possible actions for the one key (fast reload, tactical reload, change ammo) is probably too much.

Also would like to see the option to separate electronics, and have separate keys for light/laser.

I think it wouldn't be a big feature right now, but if this game ever becomes big, things like this are what will make the meta more interesting than that for other games.

Edited by nubbits

B is used for something I don't remember now, but overall it should be an option to rebind anyway, keys are not the real problem imo.

And definitely it's something for after 1.0, but I've talked with the design and animation team and they don't see a problem, from a programming point of view it's very simple to do, only requires a HUD information of what happened, like red flash on ammo count for example.

1 hour ago, nubbits said:

but having three possible actions for the one key (fast reload, tactical reload, change ammo) is probably too much

MEET THE "X" BUTTON:

mark an enemy by 1-tap

mark any place by 2-tap

ask for gadget by 1-tap on an ally

give an order by 1-tap on any point

open comm-rose by holding the button

Also would be awesome if F51 add some more:

softly touch the button to move forward

smash it hard to shoot

triple tap to exit the game

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Atway said:

softly ...

smash ...

toight.

To be fair there are some keyboards with a force sensitive mechanic in them, I have seen some ads from them a while ago.
don't remember the name, though, might update this comment later.

2 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

To be fair there are some keyboards with a force sensitive mechanic in them, I have seen some ads from them a while ago.
don't remember the name, though, might update this comment later.

no no no! Dont feed them with ideas! Or sooner or later we gonna play with X button only!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Atway said:

no no no! Dont feed them with ideas! Or sooner or later we gonna play with X button only!

That's an amazing idea!

Btw, one of the guys here at work has a mouse with analog controls and has bound everything to it and plays (fairly well actually) with a MOUSE ONLY. So you know, could be worse :P

And the X button is actually not that bad once you get used to it, but will probably get refined at some point.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ragir said:

one of the guys here at work has a mouse with analog controls and has bound everything to it and plays (fairly well actually) with a MOUSE ONLY. So you know, could be worse :P

What does he do with his other hand

42 minutes ago, Ragir said:

He's working, duh :P

Play with 1 hand and work with another one (just one)

That explains a lot of things... :D

8 minutes ago, Atway said:

That explains a lot of things...

Watch it :P

On 12/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, Ragir said:

That's an amazing idea!

Btw, one of the guys here at work has a mouse with analog controls and has bound everything to it and plays (fairly well actually) with a MOUSE ONLY. So you know, could be worse :P

this guy must be a god i just can't believe it no no no ( it's a lie without proof i never will believe in this )  Ragir i i caught you to lie man 😋 .

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, Hypnotic said:

this guy must be a god i just can't believe it no no no ( it's a lie without proof i never will believe in this )  Ragir i i caught you to lie man 😋 .

He's a sniper, so I wouldn't call him a god, but he can play effectively with this setup, I'm as amazed as you are :P

20 minutes ago, Ragir said:

He's a sniper

ah, well, enough said) Does he even need movement bindings? Ah yeah, only to get to a camp spot from spawnpoint :D

joke, no offence ofc :D

Edited by Atway

Ok half god 😜 .

Tell him that from me he deserve respect ( and i still not believe 😎 ! )

Edited by Hypnotic

On 12/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, Ragir said:

He's a sniper, so I wouldn't call him a god, but he can play effectively with this setup, I'm as amazed as you are :P

you are talking about 

Aknochaco

right? cuz in one of the matches i saw

Aknochaco

playing as sniper and let me say this (no hard feelings dude your awesome) he was bad at sniping i even stood still and looked at him but  he missed like 2 times then i killed him 😂🤣

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

Nope, not him, he's the C4 guy :P

after one Moscow TDM match against your team I think that you ALL are crazy C4 guys :D

• Haha 1

05.12.2019 в 16:58, Ragir сказал:

only requires a HUD information of what happened, like red flash on ammo count for example.

This fearture have realised in Insurgency: Sandstorm so why you can`t use the counter system of mags from Sandstorm? Also animations of speed reloads should be noticeable as in Sandstorm.

Edited by Akan
I added a video.

18 hours ago, Akan said:

This fearture have realised in Insurgency: Sandstorm so why you can`t use the counter system of mags from Sandstorm? Also animations of speed reloads should be noticeable as in Sandstorm.

Didn't know that this had been done before. I'm against the mags system because it potentially overcomplicates the game a bit too much. The idea of having two reload systems is, by my criteria, passable, because it doesn't add any burden to players. A magazine by magazine ammo system, however, forces players to act a certain way.