Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

[customisation] [ammunition] allow choice of how many magazines are carried

I know people have suggested this before, so I'm going to put a bit more detail into how I think this system should work.

In the customisation screen, players should be able to change how many extra magazines/ammo boxes their soldier carries, with each magazine added or removed changing the weight of the loadout.

Rather than separate "ammo type" and "magazine type" screens, both should be united into the one section.

First players will choose what type of magazine they want (e.g. drum mag, rifle size mag etc). Then they will choose what primary ammo type they want. Even though all guns are currently locked to FMJ as their only primary ammo, this will allow for things like shotguns to have more interesting ammo types available. Once a primary ammo type has been chosen, a player will then have to choose how many extra magazines of primary ammo they want. Each extra magazine added adds a set amount of weight to the loadout for the magazine type, so moving from one to two extra drum magazines will add more weight than moving from two to three thirty rounders. Once players are done with this they can choose if they want to carry secondary ammunition of any kind. Secondary ammunition can then be added in increments of additional magazines of the same type, with the same bearing on weight.

Hopefully this helps sketch out this idea for people

• Like 5

This would be awesome, also probably should lower the weight of all guns slightly if they do this.

42 minutes ago, MOBBOB said:

This would be awesome, also probably should lower the weight of all guns slightly if they do this.

The easiest way to do this would be to set the weight of a gun to its current value minus the amount of extra magazines. Although I imagine most players would want to carry larger amounts of ammunition, I'm sure there are cases where someone may only want one or two spare magazines on a secondary SMG.