tynblpb

What is the relation of HP/FMJ/AP to their armor penetration abilities?

I mean, obviously, HP has the lowest penetration abilities, then goes FMJ and the AP are the mightiest, right?

But what I want to know is the ratio. IF I am not mistaken it looks like this: Polyethylene blocks 25% of incoming DMG from AR FMJ rounds. Ceramic - 50% and Steel - 67-75%. Approximately.

But how it is working for different ammo types?

For example AR rounds vs Ceramic armor. Does it work as higher tier armor vs HP rounds and lower tier vs AP? HP rounds vs Ceramic armor = FMJ vs Steel armor? And vice versa AP rounds vs Ceramic = FMJ vs Polyethylene.

Is it like this or there is another mechanics of armor vs projectiles?

Can someone give me the answer? Knowing it I would know, should I try and make another suggestion and it'll be better not to waste everyone's time.

Edited by tynblpb

Im not sure but I assume that it works in this way:

as we know armor has its own amount of HP. If it got down to 0, you have no armor and its protection. So I believe these %-s shows how many damage bullets deal to armor (=how fast you will start dealing full dmg). So it looks like that: FMJ deals 20% of weapon damage to armor (but not decreasing it). Armor lets say has 20 HP - just random numbers. So SCAR with FMJ and its 40 damage deals 8 damage to armor (3 hits to destroy armor). With AP (40%) it destroys armor with 2 bullets.

If im right, there is one question left - what armor capacity is?

Hmm, makes sense but how much damage to the player's hp does an armor hit then do?

The way you describe it would mean, no damage until the armor breaks but that's not the case is it?

33 минуты назад, Atway сказал:

Im not sure but I assume that it works in this way:

as we know armor has its own amount of HP. If it got down to 0, you have no armor and its protection. So I believe these %-s shows how many damage bullets deal to armor (=how fast you will start dealing full dmg). So it looks like that: FMJ deals 20% of weapon damage to armor (but not decreasing it). Armor lets say has 20 HP - just random numbers. So SCAR with FMJ and its 40 damage deals 8 damage to armor (3 hits to destroy armor). With AP (40%) it destroys armor with 2 bullets.

If im right, there is one question left - what armor capacity is?

Interesting idea, but I think here u wrong. If we look at that pic with stats from newly added Week Report,

image1.jpg

we would see that there is "Armor Absorption" column for Polyethylene armor. Armor itself has 75 HP. And there it is 75% of absorption for all types of projectiles. And "Armor BTK" column shows amount of bullets that is needed to destroy vest's armor. "Actual Absorption" shows % of blocked incoming dmg.

But I don't understand what "Ammo AP" column means. Does it mean what % of otherwise blocked dmg would be added to the "Post-Armor" dmg if we would use AP rounds? But where to add these 40% for AP and 20% for HP rounds.

@Ragir, sorry for bothering u, but could u explain what do these 40% and 20% of efficiency mean? And again sorry for bold request, but is it possible to see the same schemes for 3 other armor like on that one above.

I know that it's supposedly Borreh's territory, but haven't seen him here for quite a long time.

Edited by tynblpb

I actually don't know fully how the system works, so I'll summon @Shimpo so he can answer your questions :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi! 

Lemme fill you guys in on some details.

There are two main differences between armour plates in World War 3. 

Weight doesn't have anything to do with damage - obviously - but the next value is absolutely crucial.

Damage absorption percentage/value:

Steel: 100%/1,

Ceramic: 90%/0.9,

Poliethylen: 75%/0.75  

HDPE: 55%/0.55

Then we take into consideration the bullet penetration value - 0.4 for AP, 0.2 for FMJ and 0.05 for HP.

As I already stated in the weekly, damage is also influenced by barrel length and distance. 

I know it's a bit complicated, so after a brief conversation with Ragir  we've decided to show you the full version of the spreadsheet from the recent weekly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rHXtyvJKHxd77DjqccAA9ULRl2yQfMuQJ8JRMeR9RN0/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 часов назад, Shimpo сказал:

Then we take into consideration the bullet penetration value - 0.4 for AP, 0.2 for FMJ and 0.05 for HP

Damn, spent yesterday 2 hours trying to understand where I need to substitute these 40% and 20% to get the results where AP 9mm round doubles the dmg vs Steel armor.

I'm dumb... Is there any formula?🥺

Or it's for internal use only?

Edited by tynblpb

@tynblpb Nah, you're not dumb. I work with this stuff on a daily basis and have to double-check every now and then cause it's damn complicated.

We're gonna be writing a pretty lengthy internal report concerning the damage model this week.

Once we've done that I'll be back with some more concrete data for you. 

• Thanks 2