Matt_dOvale

[feature] armor and angles

Idk if this is a thing already, but my suggestion is to add an angle system to armored vehicles like in World of Tanks.

Spoiler

The vid is pretty in depth on angling techniques and some of it might not apply to WW3, like the commander spot (door on top of the turret.)

The idea is basically to make armor "thicker" depending in the angle, and of course this also determines if a rocket or shell ricochets.

With this system positioning the players as well as the tanks becomes pretty important if you want to do or block damage. 
This system rewards players who position correctly and punishes those who fail to do so.

53 минуты назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

With this system positioning the players as well as the tanks becomes pretty important if you want to do or block damage. 
This system rewards players who position correctly and punishes those who fail to do so.

With current damage system u would not be able to destroy enemy tank with RPGs if the damage dealt from the low angles would be reduced.

Just a reminder: Leo can withstand up to 7 single RPG grenades to the sides if we talk about naked hull. Add to this chassis armor and APS and u need full squad to destroy idling tank.

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Leo can withstand up to 7 single RPG grenades to the sides if we talk about naked hull.

Well, nerf the tanks if they would be OP with this system implemented

1 hour ago, Akan said:

I don`t know is it actual but there is armor system of WW3 demonstrated:

https://worldwar3.com/en/2019/10/21/weekly-report-34-gameplay-secrets-3/

It isn`t angle system bad it is better than all tank has a single parameter of armor resistance.

That's how it is in real life as well: front thickest, middle medium and rear weak thin armor.

I'm saying to add this on top of that. If you hit a tank from a 90 degree angle the armor is exactly as thick as it's described in the stats on the loadout page. But if you shoot armor from e.g. a 70 degree angle the armor is virtually thicker (as demonstrated early on in the YT video).

6 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Sounds nice, even for infantry armor. But is it codeable?

For tanks definitely, look at WoT.

For infantry I imagine it's a bit harder since the armor might be curved (especially helmets)