Dunabar

[Moscow][Breakthrough] Moscow Breakthrough Map rework Suggestions

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks

So, one last suggestion post for the decade, and I chose to give it to the Moscow Breakthrough rework suggestion. This was a little tricky to come up with, primarily because I was trying to work with what is there like always, and mainly because I didn't want to suggest anything too extreme given that Moscow is apparently going to get a rework at some point to come. While Ragir has stated that it will be for Deployment Zones, there is always that chance it could be something a little more than that. But, that is Warzone and this is for Breakthrough, so...

Please note: I cannot promise this will improve the gameplay/general Breakthrough experience on Moscow. Without the ability to test these changes myself, it's pure speculation. All suggestions are perfectly welcomed, all I would ever ask for though is criticisms be constructive, not destructive. In the end these are just suggestions, what the developers choose to do or don't do with them is ultimately their choice.

If you wish to read other Suggestion posts I have made, click the link below. Otherwise, lets get started with the Moscow Breakthrough Map Rework.

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Main Goals of this rework

1. Utilize as much of the map as possible.
  2. Find places where Area Spawns can be placed for both Teams that require little to no large scale changes to the map.
  3. Make sure the Area Spawns are 100% or near 100% safe to spawn into with little to no changes to the map required.
  4. Find places where a variety of Objective Types and Targets can be placed that feels fitting to the map.
  5. Give faction friendly Vehicles to the respective teams.
  6. Create a light story to go with the Map, Objective Types, and Targets.

----

Starter Vehicles for the Teams

(West - Attacking Team starter Vehicles)

• VAB Command Vehicle
  • Boxer IFV

(East - Defending Team starter Vehicles)

• Typhoon Command Vehicle
  • Bumerang IFV

----

Moscow Breakthrough Story

(West - Attacking Team)

Fighting street to street, building to building, alleyway to alleyway, that has been the experience of Western Forces since the start of the siege of Moscow. Eastern Forces along with Partisan Support have done all they could to stop the advancement of the West from driving deeper into the city. But, with the Kremlin walls breached, the city center is at risk of falling to the West, and more of the blood price will need to be paid if the East hopes to keep the West from capturing Moscow.

(East - Defending Team)

Engage the enemy at every turn, that was the order passed down by Eastern Command. An order that has laid the blood cost at the feet of all defenders of Moscow and a order that is being fulfilled day & night during this West's siege on the city. With the Kremlin walls breached, the West has begun their drive for the center of the city, and Moscow's defenders will need to be ready to pay the ultimate price to ensure the West cannot take the city center or Moscow will once again be lost...

----

Moscow redesign Concept Map and Markers

BreakthroughMoscowObj.thumb.png.432a4ecab8098a958ef664a5fb155b71.png

I've developed this rework suggestion for Moscow's Breakthrough map using most of the same ideas from my older reworks with some different spins, starting of course with a new location for the Attacking team to come from, and like usual the attacking team is going to progress the game via trying to capture Alpha Sector, Bravo Sector, Charlie Sector, Delta Sector, Echo Sector, and finally Foxtrot Sector.

Defenders will have a choice to either start in Alpha's Spawn Area located in what would be a out of bounds zone for the Attackers (aka the Red Star) or spawn in their Deployment Zone in the bottom right corner for Alpha & Bravo, or the upper left corner for Charlie, Delta, Echo, & Foxtrot if they wish to bring Vehicles up to the frontline. The markings on the map are as followed-

• White Star in a Black Circle - Attacking Team Spawn Area.
  • Colored Star in a Black Circle - Defending Team Spawn Area.
  • A1/A2 - F1/F2 - The general location of the Objective Points in the Sector.

(Assuming People didn't read my previous rework suggestions posts) The Spawn Areas above are a suggestion to replace the Objective Spawn System currently in Breakthrough. The Objective Spawning System is (in my personal opinion) extremely unfit for this game mode and is too easily abused against the Defending Team since their spawn zones can be camped to the point that Defenders are almost instantly killed upon spawning in. However, Spawning Areas do come with their own problems and these problems can already be experienced by the Attacking Team on (current) Berlin Breakthrough where they can be pinned into their starter deployment area by the Defending team. So, having experienced life on both sides of the fence, I think I may have found a good balance of Distance & Security for Spawning Areas for both Teams. However, without actually getting to test this, it's pure speculation. But, with a mixture of trial & error and some prop additions or movement, I believe the Spawn Area can work for both teams just fine. Here are a list of screenshots of the areas I suggest for the Area Spawns if they're to be added.

(West - Attacking)

(East - Defending)

----

Non-Objective based Prop suggestion changes/additions

"Patching" the Wall and Blocking off the Tunnel entrance - The Wall should be "patched" with some rubble that blocks off line of sight & movement through it and the side passage blocked off with some barriers or something. This is primarily to keep the Attacking team from being able to swarm the last set of Objectives from two different fronts and keep the Defenders from getting pinned down by enemy Vehicle or Sniper fire in their deployment zone as easily.

----

Alpha Sector Objective Types, Targets, & Stories

Alpha 1

• General location Link
  • Objective Type: Disarmament
  • Objective Target: Signal Jamming Truck
  • Objective: Disarm the signal Jamming Tower
  • How to Disarm: An Attacker needs to stand at the enemy's Signal Jamming Truck in the Objective area and then upon hitting F they'll begin "disarming" the Jamming System. During this time their Teammates will need to protect them while the Defenders try to stop them from disarming.
  • Disarm Timer: 40 Seconds
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Aside from the Signal Jamming Truck, I don't think much else is really needed in this area.

Alpha 2

• General location Link
  • Objective Type: Area Secure
  • Objective Target: Meeting Room
  • Objective: Secure the enemy Room
  • How to Capture: Stand in the capture zone
  • Capture Timer: 40 Seconds (for 1 person) so long as no enemy's are present. Works just like Warzone's capture zones (IE: More People in it, the faster it goes.)
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Not a lot of room to work with, so I'm not sure what more could be done besides maybe having both tables flipped on their sides instead of just the one, and spread apart a little to act as two dividers in the room.

Alpha Sector Story

(West - Attacking)

Alright People it's time to take the city center of Moscow and bring this war to an end hopefully. Your first mission is to disarm a Signal Jamming Truck located inside the Senate's Courtyard and capture the Senate itself. Once you do that I will see about sending a team in to search the building for any Intelligence vital to Eastern Command.

(East - Defending)

Everyone take up your positions, Western Forces are about to advance on the Senate! Keep our Signal Jamming truck operational as it's keeping some of the Tools of the West at bay currently. But, most importantly of all, do not let the Senate fall to them!

----

Bravo Sector Objective Types, Targets, & Stories

Bravo 1

• General location Link  
  • Objective Target: Construction Supplies
  • Objective: Secure the enemy Supplies
  • Capture Timer: 40 Seconds (for 1 person) so long as no enemy's are present. Works just like Warzone's capture zones (IE: More People in it, the faster it goes.)
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Area is fine how it is.

Bravo 2

• General location Link  
  • Objective Type: Target Destruction
  • Objective Target: Supply Truck
  • How to Destroy: Plant a Bomb on the Supply Truck or use Explosive based weapons & gadgets to destroy it.
  • Bomb Timer: 40 Seconds
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Just need to clear out some stuff and place some sort of Supply Truck in the middle of the room. Could even move some of the construction stacks around to act as nearby cover.

Bravo Sector Story

(West - Attacking Team)

Great work capturing the Senate, but we still have a lot of ground to cover in the area. Eastern Forces have been setting up a defensive position just beyond the Senate and using some of the construction materials to aid in their fortifications. I want you to disrupt their efforts by securing whatever supplies are in the construction area and destroying whatever transport they have in the area. Anything to make defending Moscow harder on them!

(East - Defending Team)

You have failed to protect the Senate...But, the fight is still going and you have a chance to make up for your failures just now. I've been having teams move construction supplies out of development area and unfortunately one of our trucks broke down. We don't have many to spare, so ensure that Truck stays safe and keep any construction material out of the hands of the West. Everything counts now!

----

Charlie Sector Objective Types, Targets, & Stories

Charlie 1

• General location Link  
  • Objective Type: Secure & Extract
  • Objective Target: Bomber Components
  • Objective: Secure & Extract the Bomber Components
  • How to Secure: Plant a Bomb on the Supply Truck or use Explosive based weapons & gadgets to destroy it.
  • Secure Timer: 40 Seconds (for 1 person) so long as no enemy's are present. Works just like Warzone's capture zones (IE: More People in it, the faster it goes.) Upon the Bomber Components being "Secured" a Helicopter Drone will fly down to "Extract" it.
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: May need a little extra cover, but overall the area is pretty solid with little to no changes needed.

Charlie 2

• General location Link  
  • Objective Type: Disarmament
  • Objective Target: ICBM Truck
  • Objective: Disarm the enemy ICBM
  • How to Disarm: An Attacker needs to stand at the enemy's ICBM Truck in the Objective area and then upon hitting F they'll begin "disarming" the ICBM. During this time their Teammates will need to protect them while the Defenders try to stop them from disarming.
  • Disarm Timer: 40 Seconds
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Just need more cover in the area and overall the area should be good.

Charlie Sector Story

(West - Attacking Team)

Nice work keeping those supplies out of Eastern hands, but we just got a critical notification from Western Command. It seems we lost one of our Bombers during a bombing run on Red Square and according to the Pilot before his capture there were Ballistic Missiles being transported through the Square. They reported one seemed like it was still in operational condition, so I need you to disarm it to make sure, and recover any salvage you can from or near the crash site of the Bomber. We don't want the East to have even a slight edge over us!

(East - Defending Team)

You fools will ensure we lose this war if we don't stop the West from expanding their control over this area!..Fallback to Red Square, setup defenses near the crashed Bomber, and keep the West away from one of the few ICBMs still operational in the area after those early Bombings!

----

Delta Sector Objective Types, Targets, & Stories

Delta 1

• General location Link  
  • Objective Target: Food Supplies
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: May need a little extra cover, but overall the area is largely solid.

Delta 2

• General location Link  
  • Objective Target: Radio Station
  • Objective: Destroy the enemy Radio Station
  • How to Destroy: Plant a Bomb on the Radio Station or use Explosive based weapons & gadgets to destroy it.
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: May need a little extra cover, but overall the area is largely solid.

Delta Sector Story

(West - Attacking Team)

Great to see those flight components didn't make it into the hands of the Eastern Engineers and especially disarming that ICBM. There is another one active in the area, but I have a team mobilizing to secure it as soon as they can get through the Defenders at the State Museum. For now I need you to secure the Mall ahead of you to ensure Eastern Forces cannot turn it into a Stronghold to repel our efforts today, make it happen People!

(East - Defending Team)

Starting to think you fools are working for the West the way you surrender ground to them...Make your way into the mall and prepare to repel these invaders while we still have the ability to fight them! We have Radio communications still open and Partisan Forces have been gathering food from the mall to lessen the burden on our forces fighting in other parts of the city. Keep our line of Communication open and whatever food supplies the Partisans found for us!

----

Echo Sector Objective Types, Targets, & Stories

Echo 1

• General location Link  
  • Objective Target: Munitions Cache
  • Objective: Destroy the enemy Radio Station
  • How to Destroy: Plant a Bomb on the Munitions Cache or use Explosive based weapons & gadgets to destroy it.

Echo 2

• General location Link  
  • Objective Target: Kamaz-63969 Typhoon MRAP (Aka the original Spawn Vehicle)
  • How to Destroy: Plant a Bomb on the Kamaz-63969 or use Explosive based weapons & gadgets to destroy it.
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: May need a little cover, but overall the area is largely solid.

Echo Sector Story

(West - Attacking Team)

Eastern Forces will begin to feel the pinch when they start missing out on meals and with their Communications broken we can operate with a bit more haste knowing their unable to speak with Eastern Command. Western Command reports seeing a Eastern MRAP moving into the mall to deliver supplies to local Forces currently holding out in there. Destroy the MRAP and whatever supplies the East has stashed away in there and get that Mall fully under our control!

(East - Defending Team)

Fallback to the MRAP and our Munition supplies on the other side of the mall! Our lines of Communication might be broken, but our bodies can still fight! We're running out of ground to lose, so you People better start putting your spirits into the fight or we're going to lose full control over the city center!

---

Foxtrot Sector Objective Types, Targets, & Stories

Foxtrot 1

• General location Link  
  • Objective Type: Secure Area
  • Objective Target: Museum Entrance
  • Objective: Secure entry to the Museum
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Largely the place is fairly balanced with cover. But, without testing it as a direct capture zone it's hard to say if the area needs work.

Foxtrot 2

• General location Link  
  • Objective Type: Secure Area
  • Objective Target: ICBM Truck
  • Objective: Secure the enemy ICBM
  • Prop suggestion changes/additions: Just need more cover in the area and overall the area should be good.

Foxtrot Sector Story

(West - Attacking Team)

Great work taking the Mall from Eastern Forces, but we have trouble at the State Museum. Allied forces are unable to breakthrough the Defenses at the Museum in Red Square, so it falls on you now to secure the last active ICBM and secure a entrance to the Museum so we can begin clearing it out of all it's Defenders inside. Do this and we take the city center before night fall!

(East - Defending Team)

This is our final stand...If you wish to redeem yourselves of your failures this day now is the time! Protect our fellow Defenders by securing the entryway into the State Historical Museum and keep the Western invaders from capturing our ICBM. Take up your positions Defenders of Moscow and hold your ground or die holding it!

----

Moscow End Story

(West - Attacking Team Victory)

Amazing work team! All Teams begin pushing forward into the city center! Both the Senate & Red Square are under our control and I want a new defensive position established before we attempt to push further east into the city. Hopefully the fall of the Kremlin will be enough to make some of the Partisan fighters & Eastern Military Forces surrender peacefully so we can be done with this war sooner rather than later...

(East - Defending Team Defeat)

There is no more hope here for us...you have failed Moscow...you have failed your fellow Defenders, and now Death surely awaits us thanks to your failures this day! I hope you take your shame with you to graves- *The Officer is cut off by the sounds of explosives and gunfire.*

(West - Attacking Team Defeat)

All units pull back from the Kremlin! We're suffering heavy casualties at the hands of Eastern Military Forces and reports are coming in of substantial Partisan Fighters on our flanks- *The Officer's words become drowned out by the sounds of heavy fighting*

(East - Defending Team Victory)

Victory is ours this day brave Defenders of Moscow! Moscow's volunteer Fighters are currently harassing the enemy flanks, let us seize this moment of Western Weakness, and drive them back while fortune favors us! Everyone push forward and drive these invaders from our homes!

And with all that wall of text completed, we bring this post to an end...The hardest part about making this suggestion post was dealing with the Mall and some of the objective areas. While it is a open map in one sense, some of the locations are rather challenging to work with since I'm also trying to think of ways for Attackers & Defenders to spawn in safely with little to no way to instantly get killed by someone on the opposing team. But, as I stated above; I cannot promise this will improve the gameplay/general Breakthrough experience on Moscow. Without the ability to test these changes myself, it's pure speculation. All suggestions are perfectly welcomed, all I would ever ask for though is criticisms be constructive, not destructive. In the end these are just suggestions, what the developers choose to do or don't do with them is ultimately their choice. I may do a version 2 of this rework after Moscow gets it's rework, but we will see in time. For now, this post has been long enough and I have a little new year shin dig to get to. So, till the next suggestion post in the new year!

Have a good one folks and happy new year!

Edited by Dunabar
Updating links list
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet