HeiligeRobbe

Current state of head glitching and sound system

Hey everybody, I hope you are all having a joyful and relaxing sunday! :)

I am curious about the current state of two gameplay elements or the progress of solving some issues so I thought it's better to post this here rather than in the feedback thread.

Head glitching with the new animation system:

As far as I remember at some point it was confirmed, that the team will try to tackle the head glitching problem and is considering the substantial change from "shooting from head" to "shooting from the barrel". I wonder if this might come with the new animation system or somewhat soon after it? Or to put the question even more general, what is the current the current state of this matter?

State of the soundsystem:

Given that I have some issues with the consistency of the sound system (i.e. the audibility of foot steps and gun sounds) I was wondering if the team has ever said something about the state of the sound system, i.e. if it is final or not, will get a major overhaul and so on and apparently there never was a statement at least in the weekly reports. So what are the plans with the soundsystem if there are any?

I would be happy if someone from the team finds the time to give a comment on above questions. In any case have a nice week everybody!

• Like 1

I double this. Because when I was playing early 0.7 PTE there was period of time when footsteps were loud and clear. But later they've returned to the state they were in 0.6 version.

I know that answering questions takes time off the development but maybe someone of the team can respond? @Ragir, @Borreh I don't quite know who is responsible for these topics :D

The biggest issues for competitive play in this game was the gut shot, the head glitch and latency.
One way to alleviate head glitching issues is with animations, Which I doubt that they would fix head glitching much with animations if they tried.

If they are going to simulation over gameplay then they should at least move the bullet projection point to the chest from the point of view at the head.

• Like 1

All imma say about this is here, from our internal tracker:

image.png

• Thanks 4

Also: We're getting a total sound rework, happening right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Weapon coalition vote with 2 hands and 2 legs if my mother had made me and another limb i will vote and with him :) .

And shooting from the barrel is not bad idea ufcource ...

Edited by Hypnotic