tynblpb

Shooting the UAVs.

When some time ago Gepard-AA appeared in game many were asking: what is the purpose in adding this vehicle? AA-vehicle is a little too much to counter 1 HeliDrone.

And then we've found that now all the non-global UAVs can be destroyed. But when u were actually trying to destroy them - it was almost impossible to do it. So, I've spent some time on PTE trying to destroy UAVs.

2 most often used UAVs are Flying Eye and Jam Reaper. Here are their stats.

20200113222642_1.jpg.ca3fbe8bf29901e064e3f61f3aff8b10.jpg20200113222637_1.jpg.3d4675575200b4a73b29535c2485cc17.jpg

What interests us are Health and Altitude.  And if Health is close to what I've seen in game, their flight altitude is completely different and was confusing me in my first attempts to take them down.

Actual Altitude for UAVS is: Flying Eye ~ 65m (corrected data - 75m)Jam Reaper ~ 175m(corrected data - 200m), Barracuda ~ 200m.

Was tested on server with latency 60.

And knowing that Flying Eye's flight Altitude is puny 65m75m u know that there is almost no meaning in big lead angle when shooting. When Flying Eye is observing ur location and is somewhat above u need to place ur crosshair ~ half Flying Eye's size ahead of it. Look at gif. With its presumably 50HP pool it is destroyed in no time. A little note: all UAVs start to fly strictly from the point that is to the East from the designated point. Gif shows that too.

shootingeye.gif.97747cdfefabab22712c1388d7b19804.gif

Jam Reaper in game has its real life measurements. This thing is huge, but because its altitude is 175m from the ground it looks like it's only a little bigger than Flying Eye.

jamreaper.gif.f7f63a42d690a6f1e5fa9f2113ce27cc.gif

And from my impression it actually has ~ 200HP. So it's not that easy to take it down from the skies. But nothing is rly impossible. And again, the heavier is ur gun - the less bullets u need. With x2 alternate scope it's the easy: just cover half of the Reaper with ur scope's rim and start shooting. It wouldn't take that much time to destroy it.

shootingreaper.gif.c0b3cec195421c6e3c432b8b96442cd7.gif

It's important: all above is actual for shooting UAVs that are above u. When u r trying to shoot UAVs that are not circling around ur position there are TOO MANY variables u need to take into account for ur fire to be somewhat effective. So better don't bother or use global jammer.

Say Yes to clear sky above! Shoot'em UAVS!

@weedtime, now u know how to do it.😁

Edited by tynblpb
corrected altitudes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 минут назад, nubbits сказал:

Fantastic

It seems like there are no hitmarkers @tynblpb did you turn them off or is it a bug?

No hitmarks when shooting both enemy or allied UAVs. It helped me a lot when testing, that allied UAVs have light-blue square that shows their HP. And then, looking at these squares, I was able to realize what lead angle actually allows u to hit UAVs.

Mb it's a bug.

1 час назад, weedtime сказал:

@tynblpb I can see that you can take them down with rifles, are you still able to do it with helidrone?

Using the machinegun pods - Yes. Without any problems excluding jumping crosshair. Didn't try yet with rocket pods.

@weedtime, tested with rocket pods. Dunno what to think. Tested with Hydra HE rockets. 1 rocket is enough to destroy Flying Eye, But when it's Zuni AP(in the bug report I was flying with them) it looks like this(gif below). I always thought that for Zuni rockets with their 120 dmg 1 rocket would be enough to destroy 50HP Flying Eye, but it's not like this.🤔 First rocket, if we would believe to what green square shows us, deals no dmg.

zuniapvseye.gif.739c6b2315cbbf5037bcec94ac99767e.gif

Same with ZuniAP vs Reaper. First rocket deals no dmg. I'm generally confused.

zuniapvsreaper.gif.5deffc679bf3706c55c18ee3d22a9810.gif

HydraHE rockets deal dmg with every hit and 1 rocket is enough to destroy Flying Eye and 3 - Reaper.

It's just now I for sure know that I would not bother myself with attempts to destroy UAVs with Zuni rockets.

• Thanks 1