tynblpb

[0.8.4] Anders causing server crash. Still causing?

Question

Ehm, I'm blind idiot. Move to Bug Reports section plz.

I've seen on discord @Ragir talking about Anders and that 200 of them didn't cause any problems. So, I decided to test it.

My second called in Anders crashed Moscow 30 mins ago.😈

First was on Berlin, when @sputnik_zwei dropped Mephisto on me. No problem. 2nd Anders was on Moscow when it was destroyed by bomb strike. My game freezed. When 5 min later I re-entered game there was no Moscow map in the list, though it was first half of the round, so, I suppose, server crashed.

Loadout was the same as in my previous attempts. Advanced Nonreactive Chassis Armor and no more module upgrades. I think I'll try to bomb Anders, though I don't know, test it on Live or on PTE as on Live there would be much more butthurt.

Well, if it is anyway in Suggestion part. Suggestion: remove Anders as it seems it's somehow cursed.

Upd. Dropped JSOW on Anders with Advanced Nanoceramic Armor on PTE. Game freezed. I think i'll test it with default Anders too.

Upd2. Dropped JSOW on default Anders on PTE. No problems.

Upd3. Played Live. 3 times destroyed Anders that is on pic below. 1WCMD. 1 mine. 1 suicide. All 3 times there were massive lags. @Atway can confirm.

20200116192332_1.thumb.jpg.f489814e09f5a0acb29627cbe3aad081.jpg

Edited by tynblpb

8 answers to this question

We have QA team investigating issue with Andres. I personally been trying different loadouts of Andres and never had crash or lag. What graphic settings do you use?

14 минут назад, Rozmo сказал:

We have QA team investigating issue with Andres. I personally been trying different loadouts of Andres and never had crash or lag. What graphic settings do you use?

I'm away but IIRC: Textures Medium, Meshes Low, Lighting Low, Effects High, PostProccessing Low, View Distance Ultra, Shadows Low, AA Medium, Ambience Occlusion and Reflection High. Not sure about Meshes.

Just for some context, this is a PhysX bug that we've been having off and on for about 2 years now (we can't fix PhysX itself, we have to work around the issue). The main problem with finding it is that when the program stops and we catch it, all we get is a list of vertices, we don't know which collision mesh causes it.

First time it happened was the character collision with one specific rock mesh on Berlin, second time was grenade collision hitting stuff weird (that's the technical description :P) and third time it was something on the Anders. For the first two we've had to create tools that help us find it, for example a character that teleports every frame randomly until it crashes and reports what it hit. Second one was a character that throws a grenade randomly each frame until crash and third time we had to rebuild Anders, so we're back at it and we'll get this one again.

There are some steps we're taking to fix it forever, so hang tight :P

16 минут назад, Ragir сказал:

we don't know which collision mesh causes it.

Does the Mesh quality in Video Settings affect this bug?

Upd. Not this with Anders specifically, but PhysX as a whole.

Edited by tynblpb

On 1/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, tynblpb said:

Does the Mesh quality in Video Settings affect this bug?

Upd. Not this with Anders specifically, but PhysX as a whole.

It's possible, yeah.

1 минуту назад, Ragir сказал:

It's possible, yeah.

Because for me Anders is usually lagging on High Meshes. Didn't test it much on Low but I don't remember lags when Meshes were set Low. I'll test it later more. No problems with Medium but it only few times.

• Like 1

It seems that I was too early with saying that Low Meshes don't cause any lags/freezes.

1st day it was 4 called in Anders on Low Meshes. Something strange. When it explodes I have lags but 2-3 times less than when Meshes are High. But when I was asking about anybody having the lags silence was the answer. What, it's only me lagging? Okaaay. Next day, another try. 3 called in Anders. Or no lags or it seems only me lagging. Okay, 4880 BPs, our team is leading. Just to be sure. 1 last attempt.

Game freezes. Me - 😑😑😑

Next time. Game freezes. Wtf?...

PTE. 3 freezes in a row. But later 3 without any problems. I think I'm going to spend a loooot of time destroying the Anders...🤔