Sign in to follow this  
Zvolteh

[Feature][Uniform] Event/Holiday Items and Challenges

Limited time events for large holidays such as Christmas, along with special items or skins would be a great addition. The themed items once unlocked you would be able to keep even once the holiday event has ended, however only players who completed the challenge to unlock them would get to have them, and the following years would have different rewards. This way, players who adopt early are able to obtain cool items to symbolize their time spent on the game, and it would also be a good way to bring less consistent players back in periodically during these special events since they will want to unlock the cool items while they are available.

For example:

Reward: Santa Hat  helmet/hat skin

Availability: Christmas 2020 Event Period

How to Unlock: Complete three challenges - 

• Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer: Get 5 Roadkills with a quad bike
  • Lumps of Coal: Get 25 kills with napalm
  • The Gift of Giving: Heal 25 teammates with the First Aid Kit

Reward: Leprechaun Beard face or hat skin

Availability: St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Period

How to Unlock: Complete three challenges - 

• Pot of Gold: Earn a total of 50,000 currency (starts at 0, currency already owned doesn't count towards the 50,000)
  • The Luck of the Irish: Get 15 kills with a Sniper Rifle without aiming down your sights (hipfire kills)
  • Four Leaf Clover: Get four headshot kills in a single life

Challenges shouldn't be too difficult, but should require some degree of dedication, and shouldn't be immediately obtainable in general. The numbers could always be changed at the discretion of the devs. 

Edited by Zvolteh
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dislike 👎

Personally, in my opinion - good game should avoid events like this.  I see this as an exclusively marketing move to keep players in the game, this is not practiced by successful games. If this is exclusively an in-game item that you could get / not get during the event. (I do not consider games in which event items fall on the steam market)

I want see ww3 like bf3 or bf4 where u can play session just 4 fun. Without every event farming new item afraid to lose a thing for a complete collection. 
Or for example, if u can`t play on this event u will be able to buy this item in-game currency later. And of course it should be not bright item which stands out against the background of ww.

Although we will get wipe on 1.0 and i think that it is not possible to save information on server about who have event items after wipe.

The developers are focused on the speedy release 1.0 and  they won`t  be distracted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

God i hope never happen this shits for kids in w.w.3 i don't want the game become a joke .

Most important question is how can i dislike this suggestion becuse here as i see tuu much kids are involved in one series project .

When you started to offer nonsense why not we have and unicorns and sledges instead of vehicles 🤣 .

Edited by Hypnotic
  • Like 3

17.01.2020 в 23:06, Zvolteh сказал:

The Luck of the Irish: Get 15 kills with a Sniper Rifle without aiming down your sights (hipfire kills)

All challenges that reduce ur effectiveness when the goal is TO WIN, should be banned from game.

I'm still regretting that 13 years ago I was chasing the guys in BF2142 because HE HAS TAKEN MY DOGTAG!!! And if I wouldn't take his it means that he just had pwned me. I wasn't caring about how would match end, just to stab that enemy with a knife and took his dogtag before the match ends.

That's why I'm happy a little that in WW3 there's only a stock hit.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but I'm gonna be pretty blunt here:

Most of the worst indie games (mostly cash grabs) in history of games use this in their games and it's fucking pitiful. They're ugly and those who use them look like idiots. 

Especially when such cosmetics are kept behind a paywall.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tynblpb said:

All challenges that reduce ur effectiveness when the goal is TO WIN, should be banned from game

In that case, we should remove all guns but SA80 and Pecheneg, since anything reducing effectiveness should be banned, right? The goal is to offer optional challenges, as in, tasks that are more difficult to complete. It gives variety and provides incentive to use other guns or methods. I enjoy challenging myself with less than optimal methods at times. This is why the Ragun is the gun I have the third most kills with, because it is a challenge to be effective with pistols and I find it fun to put myself in a situation where I have to be on top of my game and truly outplay the enemy to do well. It also helps you get better at the game, and gives you the tools to do well no matter what your circumstances are. If you don't personally enjoy challenging yourself, then you don't have to partake in the challenge, simple as that. For those of us who do enjoy variety or enjoy the challenge of less orthodox methods, this is something that would be a lot of fun.

9 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Most of the worst indie games (mostly cash grabs) in history of games use this in their games and it's fucking pitiful. 

Many of the most successful games in history also have things like this. 

9 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

They're ugly and those who use them look like idiots. 

Subjective. The item's I've suggested are not offensive or over the top in any regard. If you don't like them, you don't have to use them.  Clearly, there are others though who would enjoy some form of themed items. 

On 1/18/2020 at 2:25 PM, Hypnotic said:

When you started to offer nonsense why not we have and unicorns and sledges instead of vehicles 🤣 

A red beard and a santa hat are a far cry from what you're saying. It's perfectly possible to include some form of "fun" items that are small and unobtrusive, without being too silly and ruining immersion.

On 1/18/2020 at 7:50 AM, ೞoℓf✌ said:

I see this as an exclusively marketing move to keep players in the game, this is not practiced by successful games.

This is a practice employed by most of the MOST successful games currently on the market. LoL, DotA2, Fortnite, many of the largest MMOs, Overwatch, Apex Legends, PUBg, CS:GO, Rainbow 6 Siege, Rocket League, GTAV. The list goes on. Of course the WW3 theme and aesthetic is more on the serious side compared to some of those, but my suggestions were also modest compared to the offerings of those games. Keeping players in the game is also unarguably a good thing. It helps keep players interested and gives players a reason to continue playing by giving them something to earn or something to work for.

I want see ww3 like bf3 or bf4 where u can play session just 4 fun. Without every event farming new item afraid to lose a thing for a complete collection. 

No one is forcing you to collect them. If you're not interested, you don't have to partake. It does however offer a good opportunity to let players who are loyal to the game earn minor, but special rewards. I also specifically suggested hat skins because they restrict you from using a helmet, meaning they would not be meta and would then not likely get over used since you're at a minor disadvantage by not having a helmet anyways. 

And of course it should be not bright item which stands out against the background of ww.

There are already plenty of options in the game that stand out or are bright, and there is always the option to design the special items with this in mind by using darker, more neutral colors instead of a bright red for the santa hat, for example, while still being a festive hat in design. 

14 hours ago, tynblpb said:

That's why I'm happy a little that in WW3 there's only a stock hit.

Slightly off-topic, but the reason for this is that the devs didn't want melee to be used as a panic button for an instant kill when you meet someone face to face. 

The developers are focused on the speedy release 1.0 and  they won`t  be distracted.

Yes, they should focus on the work they already have on their plate. I hate to break it to you, but just about every suggestion on this forum is stuff that probably won't happen until after release. All suggestions should be made with that in mind. It doesn't hurt to suggest features now that could be added into the game later, when appropriate. 

For anyone not a big fan of more novel themed items, the rewards/challenges could also be themed to be more serious. There could always be events that are themed towards non-holiday things, such as offering a Police/SWAT style helmet with challenges tailored around using guns/methods that are in line with that type of thing, such as using pistols. There could also be a medic event that gives an old WW2 style medic helmet or arm band that requires you to heal team mates with both medic bag and first aid kit to unlock. You could have special gear from different countries that you would need to use guns from that country to complete the challenges. 

The core principle is to add some variation, give people an incentive to do something other than use the same gun they always use, even if just for a few matches to complete a challenge. It gives the game more life, more replayability, and could also be a good opportunity to teach mechanics and good teamplay skills to newer players. I've recently had to explain to multiple people in game that you can heal allies with the first aid kit. Having special items to unlock with different challenges can be used in that way to get these newer players taught these mechanics since they will likely want to earn whatever the item is during the event and will look to see how they do it, so then they have a better chance of learning to do these things without having to have another player tell them. 

4 часа назад, Zvolteh сказал:

I've recently had to explain to multiple people in game that you can heal allies with the first aid kit. Having special items to unlock with different challenges can be used in that way to get these newer players taught these mechanics since they will likely want to earn whatever the item is during the event and will look to see how they do it, so then they have a better chance of learning to do these things without having to have another player tell them. 

Hello BF3, where ppl who were a little late to a party were capturing CP while sitting in fighter jets, because all they have from the start are jets with 30mm autocannons. No rockets, flares etc. 

4 часа назад, Zvolteh сказал:

In that case, we should remove all guns but SA80 and Pecheneg, since anything reducing effectiveness should be banned, right?

U forgot to add M417, M4, Vepr-12.

If someone want to "force" players to try and have experience with all the weapons he can always add ribbons, badges, MEDALS that are earned only with big efforts. Like it was done in BF2/2142. Search it urself. And not some hats with some dumb challenges that would force players to perform something like "kill with Sniper rifle while noscoping".

I was thinking myself about asking devs a little later, would be there something like site with player stats. And would they do some challenges based on player stats that would give player something like medals, that wouldn't be shoved in ur face for every fart u've done.

As everybody try to say - you not understand the goal in this game or you confused the game with other gaem , here we trying to build serious product .

if it's so hard for you to understand everybody you can always go here https://store.steampowered.com/app/674020/World_War_3/ and read the furst paragraph concerning this game and specialy pay big attention to the text after the last comma - World War 3 shows.....

I hope you will understand me comments are pointless .

1. I told in my previous message that LoL, DotA2 ... PUBg, CS:GO GTAV сannot be taken as an example. Items from events in this games can be saled in steam market or in blackmarket in internet. These are completely different things compared to getting a different texture in the game. Which cannot be passed on to anyone. As far as I know, the developers have already said that they do not plan to implement something that can be sold for real money. Cos this will lead scammers and cheaters to the game.

2. Like @tynblpb said If someone want to "force" players to try and have experience with all the weapons he can always add ribbons, badges, MEDALS that are earned only with big efforts
This idea is better than introducing events. Imagine that a medal was added to the game to kill 100 enemies without a sight from a sniper rifle. And you can safely fulfill it even for a year. Every kill that is not targeted will count. If we make an event to kill 20 enemies from a sniper without aiming during the weekend. All players on the server will only do this. And if I do not want to do this, then I will run alone with a Pecheneg among half the server with snipers trying to kill each other without an aim. No one will get pleasure. Neither they, since I interfere, nor I, because I am looking for a competitive moment, and not just kill blanks.