Sign in to follow this  
Lleksor

Body Armour Discussion

Hey all, just wanted thoughts and suggestions on body armour in WW3. (Also given it was mentioned in the weekly blog from the devs). I’m new to the game about 15 hours played since Saturday when I picked it up. But wanted to see what the general view is on what protection people are using and the effectiveness of it VS the weight penalty. Traditionally in other games I have always ran light; with the theory behind it being that I’m more agile therefore the aim is to flank, ambush, surprise (also potentially harder to hit because I’m quicker) to get my shots of first. So far in WW3 I have ran high protection on the head (I like to peak cover) and low for the body (for less weight to improve movement speed). Is there any real argument for using better chest protection or does weight not worth the benefit it gives? What are people mainly running with?

3 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

What are people mainly running with?

in various ways. I prefer light loadouts to be more agile. Some players prefer good armor over speed. It all depends on your playstile.

Also there are pros and cons ofc: light dies from any SR, light armor doesnt protect from anytning more powerful than pistol. But in the same time you have more speed and faster recovery from fallings and so on

So its all up to you

I'm Heavy Armor guy. Even with SMGs I ran with Steel vest. With helmets there is rly no choice because with the x3 dmg multiplier ur head should have the best possible protection. 

Pros for heavy vests. Usually, vs 5.56 AR it's 1 extra bullet to kill u in CQC. When it's on long ranges when ppl tend to go for torso hits it can be 2-3 extra bullets. Vs SMG if ur opponent is spraying it can be 6-7-8 bullets to kill u.

Cons are that if u r jumping from decent height u need almost 2 secs to compensate the moment of ur heavy equipment. And all that time u can  not shoot. When u r lightweight u can shoot almost immediately.

So, as it was said above, it's up to u what gear to choose. Eventually u'll find what set is most comfortable for u.

Thanks for the input. Yeah it does come down to play style on how high or low you go. I’ll keep trying out and see what fits best.

In the blog it showed 2 images of an excel doc showing TTK for 2 of the amour types taking into account bullet calibre. Is this full doc available showing all 4 types of protection or is there a fan made equivalent?  

32 минуты назад, Lleksor сказал:

Is this full doc available showing all 4 types of protection or is there a fan made equivalent?

I've asked about it already. No reaction for now. Mb if there will be more voices devs would consider it possible to show us 3 remaining. For now there is no fan made as it would require too much time.

I don't think we'll be sharing the internal documentation, mainly because we change a lot of stuff, so I wouldn't count on getting a link to this one, but creating a copy might be something we can do, since this data is public anyway - I'll ask around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ragir said:

I don't think we'll be sharing the internal documentation, mainly because we change a lot of stuff, so I wouldn't count on getting a link to this one, but creating a copy might be something we can do, since this data is public anyway - I'll ask around.

Great thanks 👍

light loadout was meta since the TTK is so low and gutshots bypass armor. Peakers advantage is increase when you can run faster and if you are moving fast bad players have a hard time hitting you. Even if that shot you in the legs the TTK is so fast people cant really react fast enought for the shooter to be punished for shooting badly.