Rivy

Mercy respawn "overhaul" to improve competitiveness.

Question

I'm not sure if this is going to be exactly an overhaul because I may still consider keeping the mercy respawn system that losing teams will have, but I do want to at least add something to it.

A problem with a lot of matches I'm seeing is that gameplay very quickly becomes uncompetitive because one team is able to capture the majority of objectives earlier than the other, or there can possibly exist a skill gap or a ping advantage between players, or poor teamwork on the part of some team players. Players should try to work as a team and with their squads, but sometimes this can prove fruitless especially when the other team has greater skill or happened to join the server early in larger numbers.

For instance, West team could have earned so far 250 points from capturing objectives, while East team could have earned around an excess of 3500 points, with under 15 minutes of time to spare. I believe these gameplay situations are as common as or sometimes slightly more frequent than more competitive scenarios (where one team can be stuck earning under 1000 points or even nothing, and the other usually up to 2000 or 3000 points before their enemy team can catch up over a majority of the match's play time), and this is affecting my enjoyment of the game quite significantly.

A solution I have come up with is to allow squad leaders to create mercy spawns anywhere in the map (but at a certain distance away from the objectives) for an unlimited number of times; this will work akin to the Tactical Insertion perk/equipment in the Call of Duty games. This should happen only when the difference between the team's points reaches 1000 or more points (this number can be changed if necessary, but I think no more than 2500 points). When the difference between the team's points are narrower than that number, this ability must be disabled - players would no longer be able to spawn on them and squad leaders cannot place any new mercy spawns.

I would like this system to be applied in addition to or instead of the current mercy spawn system, which can be memorized easily after a few gameplay attempts across the maps.

• Like 3

13 answers to this question

well, 90% of squad leaders dont even know how to give orders and you want them to place a mercy spawn? :D

IMO we just need an update of mercy spawn appearing rules: for now MS appears if enemy has taken all objectives. A suggest to add new rule "if difference between teams score>X". So in mentioned above cases you will get MS, lets say, of your team has 250 points while enemy has 1250 or more

we need any balancing method atm till devs stick with one they are happy with.

its rare to find good balanced "competitve" match.

Edited by Majestec

And have it only work for that squad. There should also be a cap on the amount of placeable spawns so that people don't just switch to one man squads to abuse this feature.

I like Atway'S idea. But on top I would suggest that there multiple potential positions for it per map and it switches randomly after a couple of minutes. Otherwise it would be very easy to camp.

8 hours ago, Atway said:

well, 90% of squad leaders dont even know how to give orders and you want them to place a mercy spawn? :D

IMO we just need an update of mercy spawn appearing rules: for now MS appears if enemy has taken all objectives. A suggest to add new rule "if difference between teams score>X". So in mentioned above cases you will get MS, lets say, of your team has 250 points while enemy has 1250 or more

I'm voting this in case the devs aren't going to be very open to big changes, but I can still take answers from anyone. This looks the easiest to implement IMO. I do think the locations might need to be updated since they can be camped eventually, but IDK.

The Mercy spawn itself as it is now is just a way to farm. Smolensk is the worst where you can spawn into the new napalm strike. My suggestion would be to move the spawns and or protect them with objects.

7 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

My suggestion would be to move the spawns and or protect them with objects.

or just spread across the map - like 8-10 random spawnpoints on the edge of the map 100m away from nearest control point

• Like 2

Give mercy spawn when only 1 captured by team CP remains. No more mercy for losers.

They have 2 quad bikes. They have MRAP. If they can't u use them to flank enemies and capture CPs - it's their fault.

26 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Give mercy spawn when only 1 captured by team CP remains. No more mercy for losers.

They have 2 quad bikes. They have MRAP. If they can't u use them to flank enemies and capture CPs - it's their fault.

tynblpb... tynblpb never changes :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I struggle to stay alive. Honestly I may just go back to Planetside 2 where invisibility is a thing.

And here I am, capturing A2 solo. In AJAX. That is what AFV should do right?

~ 1980 - 2350

20200202212437_1.thumb.jpg.2d65b7e357dd80d7ab8e973c5963b0e9.jpg

2,5 minutes later. My AJAX is destroyed because it's A2 Warsaw, u know.

20200202212650_1.thumb.jpg.ca5e7e876a94f7f237706bd88a1b4deb.jpg

2480 -5000.

Mercy spawn? Brain injection.

20200202213652_1.thumb.jpg.d33b63a90cd59258b5deee0884a96acb.jpg

Edited by tynblpb

10 hours ago, tynblpb said:

And here I am

image.png.04163e5cef36cacd1c11dc053839fa08.png

told ya you are toxic :DDD

10 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Mercy spawn? Brain injection.

unfortunately you right, mercy spawn wont fix dead brain problem. But if it helps at least few % of players who know how to play, it is worth it

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And i'm have been several times as tynblpb but only on BF 4 here i cant affort it because the game run to put it mildly realy bad on warzone ( it's more fight between the peripheral and my reflexes than player against player ) so in most cases i understant most of the people they afraid to fight but on D.M. mode this is differend beer ( almost everyone has a single idea its rushing time ) .