Sign in to follow this  
Lleksor

New Player Perspective - Tales of a noob

Just wanted to give my view & thoughts as a new player to the game (26 in game hours played since last weekend when I bought the game). I’ve read most of the recent posts on the game in this forum, nearly all from people who have been playing awhile. So would like to give a ‘noob’ perspective from someone with fresh eyes. I don’t know all the history to the game; promises from devs, roadmaps, previous versions, known bugs etc.

In summary I’ll start off by saying that I love the game, it has various parts of other games that I enjoy rolled up into one. The player customization is great, the weapons and modifications look brilliant (tho allot of it is cosmetic). Maps are fun and provide a good mix of cover and open areas, and they are not too big to the point that you feel you’re running miles before contacting the other team (I don’t like or use vehicles in these type of games). TTK; is very nice however limb damage could use some work (see further on below) and the weapons feel  lethal (yes I’m looking at you bullet sponge COD). So far I’ve not had any crashes or bugs (maybe apart from getting stuck on objects while being prone).

The ONLY real criticism I can give so far is the poor latency and ping on the EU servers  (I have a top spec computer and top internet speeds) but this can be attributed to the fact the whole global player base is using the EU servers I guess. Allot of the BS I am seeing and experiencing could be down to this (so will reserve judgement); such as being killed while in cover, killed by people either in full sprint or not looking at me, appearing to be ‘one tapped’ by non-sniper weapons even with full protection on head and chest,  people being bullet sponges or hits not registering at all.

Just some general thoughts which stick out to me, I’ll hold back on more comments until I’ve experienced the game more;

·        Weapon Mods - Would prefer of all changes had an impact on weapon performance (For example changing stocks will change weight, recoil and ADS speed or handle grips improved handling speed, control etc). It appears allot of the mods have no impact or at least noticeable to me.

·        Limb Damage – Allot of time the TTK has been extremely fast to then see that all shots hit my arms or legs, would prefer to see TTK to limbs be reduced but in its place penalty’s until healed such as arms (slower reload, ADS, more recoil) or legs (slower movement speed, unable to sprint, transitions to prone, crouch, stand slowed down and unable to climb).

·        MCS & Bullpup Pecheneg – Both of these weapons have stuck out for me for different reasons, while I’ve not used them it’s their use on me that has me puzzled. The MCS seems to have extremely long range for a shotgun, the amount of times I’ve been sniped by this thing is confusing.  The Bullpup Pecheneg for a LMG this seems far too accurate, more often than not when being killed by this it’s always headshots and 100% hits to my head, I wish I had the data of times killed by this gun and where on my body it’s hit me as I’m sure it would be 95% to the head during my whole time. (not sure if this is a weapon thing or just the very experienced people using it.) Maybe I’m just unlucky : )

·        Sounds – I get of allot of people ghosting up to me without making a sound, yet other times I can hear people moving clearly. Just a bit inconsistent but not sure if this is linked to latency/ping.

·        Calling in Strikes – For ones such as UAV or UAV blockers it would be nice if our guy could just call this on his location (hot key). So holding down ‘6’ would make him use his radio and call in a UAV on his position. Only because I’ve been killed a number of times on my iPad while capping a point looking for my position to place a UAV on it. (If this is already a thing, great, just not clear if this is currently possible).

So on a whole I’ve really enjoyed my experience so far, and while the learning curve has been made more difficult by a small experienced player base. I feel like I’ve picked the game up quickly. The one thing I would stress to the development team is to make attempts to get more players into the game (free weekends, events, get some streamers to play it) and get those Steam reviews of no one is online moved on. As I was reluctant to pick up the game due to the comments of no one is playing, until I made the effort to come here and ask if it was possible to get games. An I’m glad I did because I have never had an issue getting a game (I’m EU based). However the average person will see those reviews about dead game and move on, while the population is small it’s by no means as dead as the reviews make out.

Look forward to the next update and seeing you all in game.

L

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum! I remember your name from yesterday, you did pretty well :) I also like your feedback very much and I concur with practically all points you brought up (especially sound and server performance). May I ask where you are playing from?

Two remarks: the fast limb TTK most lijely is related to server latency as well because super bullets are quite frequent.

The suggestion for the uav is convenient but I prefer this more "interactive" way we have now.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

Weapon Mods - Would prefer of all changes had an impact on weapon performance (For example changing stocks will change weight, recoil and ADS speed or handle grips improved handling speed, control etc). It appears allot of the mods have no impact or at least noticeable to me.

promised to be implemented in future

17 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

Limb Damage – Allot of time the TTK has been extremely fast to then see that all shots hit my arms or legs, would prefer to see TTK to limbs be reduced

It changes from times to times. If i remember correctly, it was increased, then decreased, then increased one more time. So damage multipliers are still TBD

19 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

The MCS seems to have extremely long range for a shotgun

IMO finally we have a real shotgun but not plastic toy that can kill only within 5m range like in other games. Its OP in TDM, but not so in WZ

20 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

The Bullpup Pecheneg for a LMG this seems far too accurate

Next weapon balance pass is planned close to 1.0.

21 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

Sounds – I get of allot of people ghosting up to me without making a sound

hear 90-99% of footsteps. Maybe some troubles on your end?

22 minutes ago, Lleksor said:

Calling in Strikes – For ones such as UAV or UAV blockers it would be nice if our guy could just call this on his location (hot key)

AFAIK requested, will be implemented

• Thanks 1

2 часа назад, Lleksor сказал:

(not sure if this is a weapon thing or just the very experienced people using it.)

Both.😁 It has kinda "soft" and controllable recoil, so out of 3 machineguns it's the preferred one. Even though it has the lowest DpM it's the MG that is equally good on all distances.

2 часа назад, Lleksor сказал:

Calling in Strikes – For ones such as UAV or UAV blockers it would be nice if our guy could just call this on his location (hot key). So holding down ‘6’ would make him use his radio and call in a UAV on his position.

I've asked about something similar to it. U can read the response there. Mb something like this would be implemented.

P.S. As the self-proclaimed "noob expert" I can say it's too early for u to call urself "noob". This title can only be earned with hard work. U need to spend  many hours playing WW3, and in the end u should NOT know how do the mechanics work and what is the gameplay and gunplay. It rly isn't that easy to be noob. Ask urself: are u ready to go this path or, maybe, not?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atway said:

hear 90-99% of footsteps. Maybe some troubles on your end?

What settings do you use ingame (assuming you use a headphone)? Because I have quite some problems with hearing footsteps only in WW3 and I would definitely rule out the hardware side of my audio gear as the cause. ^^ So I still hope there is something in the settings easing my pain :D

1 minute ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

What settings do you use ingame (assuming you use a headphone)? Because I have quite some problems with hearing footsteps only in WW3 and I would definitely rule out the hardware side of my audio gear as the cause. ^^ So I still hope there is something in the settings easing my pain :D

default settings, use Logitech G432 with 7.1 preset enabled (+2.0db to rear channels)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for everyone's response so far.

@HeiligeRobbe I'm UK - North West & an yes I see, which is why I mentioned about allot of my concerns or issues could point back to latency problems. 

@Atway thanks for the feedback, nice to see some will be looked at or implemented at some point. Understand your point with shotguns. Regarding the sound it could be my end yes, I have the audio setting on Headset so will switch to 7.1 and see how I get on ( as I see that you have it on 7.1 without issues).

@tynblpb also thanks for the feedback, good to know. Ha ha yes I had seen from old posts you know a noob when you see one, I'll ensure I work hard enough to prove I'm worthy enough! :)

On 1/27/2020 at 12:02 PM, Lleksor said:

Just wanted to give my view & thoughts as a new player to the game (26 in game hours played since last weekend when I bought the game). I’ve read most of the recent posts on the game in this forum, nearly all from people who have been playing awhile. So would like to give a ‘noob’ perspective from someone with fresh eyes. I don’t know all the history to the game; promises from devs, roadmaps, previous versions, known bugs etc.

In summary I’ll start off by saying that I love the game, it has various parts of other games that I enjoy rolled up into one. The player customization is great, the weapons and modifications look brilliant (tho allot of it is cosmetic). Maps are  Nox Vidmate VLC fun and provide a good mix of cover and open areas, and they are not too big to the point that you feel you’re running miles before contacting the other team (I don’t like or use vehicles in these type of games). TTK; is very nice however limb damage could use some work (see further on below) and the weapons feel  lethal (yes I’m looking at you bullet sponge COD). So far I’ve not had any crashes or bugs (maybe apart from getting stuck on objects while being prone).

The ONLY real criticism I can give so far is the poor latency and ping on the EU servers  (I have a top spec computer and top internet speeds) but this can be attributed to the fact the whole global player base is using the EU servers I guess. Allot of the BS I am seeing and experiencing could be down to this (so will reserve judgement); such as being killed while in cover, killed by people either in full sprint or not looking at me, appearing to be ‘one tapped’ by non-sniper weapons even with full protection on head and chest,  people being bullet sponges or hits not registering at all.

Just some general thoughts which stick out to me, I’ll hold back on more comments until I’ve experienced the game more;

·        Weapon Mods - Would prefer of all changes had an impact on weapon performance (For example changing stocks will change weight, recoil and ADS speed or handle grips improved handling speed, control etc). It appears allot of the mods have no impact or at least noticeable to me.

·        Limb Damage – Allot of time the TTK has been extremely fast to then see that all shots hit my arms or legs, would prefer to see TTK to limbs be reduced but in its place penalty’s until healed such as arms (slower reload, ADS, more recoil) or legs (slower movement speed, unable to sprint, transitions to prone, crouch, stand slowed down and unable to climb).

·        MCS & Bullpup Pecheneg – Both of these weapons have stuck out for me for different reasons, while I’ve not used them it’s their use on me that has me puzzled. The MCS seems to have extremely long range for a shotgun, the amount of times I’ve been sniped by this thing is confusing.  The Bullpup Pecheneg for a LMG this seems far too accurate, more often than not when being killed by this it’s always headshots and 100% hits to my head, I wish I had the data of times killed by this gun and where on my body it’s hit me as I’m sure it would be 95% to the head during my whole time. (not sure if this is a weapon thing or just the very experienced people using it.) Maybe I’m just unlucky : )

·        Sounds – I get of allot of people ghosting up to me without making a sound, yet other times I can hear people moving clearly. Just a bit inconsistent but not sure if this is linked to latency/ping.

·        Calling in Strikes – For ones such as UAV or UAV blockers it would be nice if our guy could just call this on his location (hot key). So holding down ‘6’ would make him use his radio and call in a UAV on his position. Only because I’ve been killed a number of times on my iPad while capping a point looking for my position to place a UAV on it. (If this is already a thing, great, just not clear if this is currently possible).

So on a whole I’ve really enjoyed my experience so far, and while the learning curve has been made more difficult by a small experienced player base. I feel like I’ve picked the game up quickly. The one thing I would stress to the development team is to make attempts to get more players into the game (free weekends, events, get some streamers to play it) and get those Steam reviews of no one is online moved on. As I was reluctant to pick up the game due to the comments of no one is playing, until I made the effort to come here and ask if it was possible to get games. An I’m glad I did because I have never had an issue getting a game (I’m EU based). However the average person will see those reviews about dead game and move on, while the population is small it’s by no means as dead as the reviews make out.

Look forward to the next update and seeing you all in game.

L

I would definitely rule out the hardware side of my audio gear as the cause. ^^ So I still hope there is something in the settings easing my pain :D

Edited by zaekaleem