tynblpb

0.9 will be a gamechanging patch?

0.9 patch.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. It will be BIG and change how game looks.

• Oh, what a smart thought!
    • Again he is writing nonsense...
    • I'm devious dev, I know everything and I'll say nothing.

Not a click bait title.

Lately I've been very suspicious about devs being awfully quiet about their plans. Yes, Weekly Reports lately were informative and interesting, but IMO it's only a distraction tactic.

New movement/animation was introduced 2 month ago. Since then no major updates. But as the devs were working(?) last 2 month it means it should be something BIG? 

IMO it can only be completely reworked WW3 with new UI, new movement/animation, new weapons/gadgets, MB new/reworked sounds and mb new maps. That is what I mean by "gamechanging" it the title.

So the devs could hype a little without rly advertising/promoting the game. Something like 0.6 but bigger. "We have this! And that! And this! And that!".

And with this new reworked base, devs could add new features and work on polishing existing. I mean it's only 4 months till the release date. If not now, then when?

I really hope so, there can only be a certain amount of time left that this game holds its thin player base without some kind of big update/content injection. With that in mind it would have to be something big to 1 bring back old players and 2 gain attention for new players; a server merge and some slick animations I don’t think will achieve that alone. As it’s a 9.0 version this is the last opportunity to put the game back on the radar ahead of its release, so you could say that 9.0 could be make or break for the game IMO.

38 минут назад, Lleksor сказал:

to 1 bring back old players and 2 gain attention for new players

Couldn't care less about that.

But with new patch devs eventually are going to fix strikes and vehicles bugs. I want to finally ride an AFV with working RPG nets and APS.

9 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Couldn't care less about that.

But with new patch devs eventually are going to fix strikes and vehicles bugs. I want to finally ride an AFV with working RPG nets and APS.

Fair enough, but if they don’t you’ll be driving that AFV around an empty map ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am really exited for this update, even if it's only the movement and probably the new Customization UI. Those two aspects of the game have been broken for so long, it'll be great to finally be able to have a dark earth colored PEQ-15 (standard color) again without it automatically resetting to the paint job I used for a previous attachment / build.

That and hopefully they rework the lighting some day, so that flashlights have another purpose next to giving away your position.

edit: hmmm devious dev reacted while I was typing; give us leeks!! Afbeeldingsresultaat voor leek"

Edited by Matt_dOvale
  • Like 1

The animation and movements are on some good level this is not so important right now but f51 deicde to improve it ( every improvement is improvement not possible to complain ) i'm not excited much for 0.9 because they say it somewhere in the past ( player performance improvment in path 1.0 ) and this is the reason player base to be so low - to fighting with the peripheral not only with the players is not so much multiplayer - i'm sworn fan of the game and i thing i will be the last excited here no matter how bad the game work on my p.c. the whole game is step on up for me 😎 .

Edited by Hypnotic

On 2/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, tynblpb said:

New movement/animation was introduced 2 month ago. Since then no major updates. But as the devs were working(?) last 2 month it means it should be something BIG? 

well, its been 3 monts since 0.8. I think they`re working on something else in addition to new animation. Tokio map maybe?

I think they will also add UI 2.0 in the next patch, at least they hinted at it a while back

Posted (edited)

Plus there adding some new weapons I know there adding the mp7 the Kac LMG and a 7.62 MSBS battle rifle plus the tor is coming back I think.

Also wasn’t there gonna be a recoilless rifle back in like  .6ish  I think? I wonder what happened to that

Edited by MOBBOB

Movement in current state is just fine but still average. Devs have to work on animations dedicated for every gun because the game feels broken while animations are simply glitched. Animations feel a bit too slow as well.

Lethal kills have been dealt with only one accurate shot on many players death screen. Netcode and responsiveness is the second important if not the most aspect of any FPS game.

Level design and game optimization has to improve. Polarny and Smolensk feels good when it comes to level design and visual aspects. Warsaw and Berlin is painful to play because of relatively slow player speed, spawnpoints and huge open areas with little cover. Maps currently seem too small for vehicles tbh and also nowhere near to the size of maps from Battlefield 2 (2005), BF3 (2011), BF4 (2013).

Posted (edited)
14 минут назад, TWORDY сказал:

Movement in current state is just fine but still average. Devs have to work on animations dedicated for every gun because the game feels broken while animations are simply glitched. Animations feel a bit too slow as well.

https://worldwar3.com/en/2019/12/24/weekly-report-43-new-movement-system-preview/

Lethal kills have been dealt with only one accurate shot on many players death screen. Netcode and responsiveness is the second important if not the most aspect of any FPS game.

Ppl are blind. Even those, who have 200-300 hours in game. For example:

player was killed by Glauberyt SMG. 

unknown.png.7124f3ed1bd9cb9cfa8545bf9447b768.png

Player is looking in dmglog and is seeing 2 bullets kill with 73 dmg line. What is this? Superbullet, poor net code and all this $hit. Even though if u pay a little more attention then u'll see that it's Dfl3ct's bullet that's dealt 73 dmg.

1.thumb.png.21c5aa7c6b2f3268396110d9e2f7db44.png2.thumb.png.9caa05707665c5028b3b83179739587e.png3.thumb.png.3cc69ad936408f102ccb30c381d90433.png

I don't see ANY problems with netcode even though I'm playing on a daily basis. And usually I can count amount of hits when I'm on the receiving end. And when I'm killing I can do it too.

Warsaw and Berlin is painful to play because of relatively slow player speed

It's opposite. Players, especially with lightweight kits, are too fast. And there are clear signs that overall speed will be decreased a little with the implementation of the new movement/animation.

Edited by tynblpb

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, tynblpb сказал:

Player is looking in dmglog and is seeing 2 bullets kill with 73 dmg line. What is this? Superbullet, poor net code and all this $hit. Even though if u pay a little more attention then u'll see that it's Dfl3ct's bullet that's dealt 73 dmg.

Mb it should be shown, which weapon uses each attacker. And write it near attacker's name.

unknown.png.7124f3ed1bd9cb9cfa8545bf9447b768.png.8d446b51d71f11c59803e24c1f232f10.png

How it is, and how it should be. Both in realistic and gameplay need. Same for back side. Especially for heavy vests.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†