Atway

[Feature] Player progression and perks

Question

Well, I thought a lot about current player progress system (and i know it will be reworked) and end-game content. For now your rank means nothing at all. There were some phrases that weapons and attachments unlocks will be set to your rank (e.g. weapon X will be unlocked at rank Z). But even this makes pregression system boring as hell.

SO here is my suggestion:

Certain weapon usage gives you "Weapon class mastery" which gives you 3 stages of small passive perks and 1 perk when its maxed.

Examples: using MG you gain its mastery gives you 5/10/15% decrease recoil and ability to ADS with MGs faster

using tanks and AFVs you gain their mastery gives you 5/10/15% increase reload speed and ability to use thermal optics (maybe something else, lets discuss)

light loadouts gives you 5/10/15% speed increasing and ability to reload while sprinting. Heavy loadouts gives you 5/10/15% loadout weight limits increasing and the ability to use steel armor + LMG for example - like super heavy guy.

Yes you can say that it will bring a big difference between newcomers and veteran players, but cmon, there is a huge differnce even now: veteran player knows game mechanics, maps, some tricks, ways to get BPs faster, shoots better and so on. And the second thing: perks should give just a little bonus, not like -100% recoil and +100% reload speed but just 10-15% at its maximum

All perks just examples, so please dont discuss it in a way like "this perk will be OP blah-blah-blah", discuss the overall idea please (and ofc any improvements are welcomed)

13 answers to this question

1 час назад, Atway сказал:

SO here is my suggestion:

Certain weapon usage gives you "Weapon class mastery" which gives you 3 stages of small passive perks and 1 perk when its maxed

If anything like this will be implemented I'll delete WW3. I'm serious.

Curse EA and DICE and DICE that introduced progression system in BF2142, where u were starting with main weapon, alternate weapon and ur class gadget. Grenades? Well, u can unlock them by earning points. But r u sure u want grenades? There is defibrillator for assault as 1st unlock. Or a shotgun. So, playing BF2142, if u want to have decent soldier, u need to spend ~6-8 unlocks. But there was a problem, if u were playing infantry and have full packed assault class, when trying to play Conquest, u'll find urself on the battlefield with only SMG, repair kit and Rocketlauncher. Okay, I'll drive tank then. And there are mines all over the map. Oh, u want to defuse them? Defuse kit costs 1 unlock. But unlike on the start now 1 unlock costs not 100-200 points of progression(today 15000-20000), now u r lieutenant and u r going to grind 3000-5000 to achieve next unlock. And 55000 of BF2142's max rank when u have everything unlocked now will be 5 000 000.

So ppl, who were late to the party were not only outclassed but outfarmed too.

It's genuinely wrong to give gameplay/gunplay advantage to players who've spent more time in game. Hello BF3 with aircrafts with only aircannons in loadout.

I love current WW3's system: u like it - u have it. I don't want to "grind points to unlock the challenge completing that would allow me to buy a weapon".

The only progression system I'm agree to see is like this:

Ur ranks do not affect unlocking ur weapons/vehicles/strikes. U can pwn dem noobs while staying private for a year. But if u want to rank up to sergeant - u must play on all maps and some amount of BPs. Lieutenant - u must play all game modes on all maps and some amount of BPs. Colonel - win on all maps in all gamemodes at least 1 time. General? All above and all unlocked weapons/ strikes/vehicles and at least 10 kills with all of them.

I'll happily play as a Lieutenant or Colonel at max and DGAF about all this progression and dickmeasuring.

There is a question though. Will devs launch a stats site were all the dickmeasuring could be done?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t like the idea if you use a gun it gets better it makes sense in something like EFT because your just some dude but in WW3 your a trained soldier.

also isn’t that attachments are for? Making your gun to fit your play style better for a trade off (with the grips) giving less horizontal recoil for more vertical recoil I think some are supposed to effect ads speed and equip speed as well

probably a better way of giving a reward for using a gun is giving a skin or something  

8 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

It's genuinely wrong to give gameplay/gunplay advantage to players who've spent more time in game.

I said this "advantage" should be not more just 10-15%, its not really big advantage (ok, its big for good player and almost nothing for average one). And if there is nothing to achieve in the game, but the same sessions on the same maps with, the game will become boring to anyone within a month.

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Curse EA and DICE and DICE that introduced progression system in BF2142, where u were starting with main weapon, alternate weapon and ur class gadget. Grenades? Well, u can unlock them by earning points. But r u sure u want grenades? There is defibrillator for assault as 1st unlock. Or a shotgun. So, playing BF2142, if u want to have decent soldier, u need to spend ~6-8 unlocks. But there was a problem, if u were playing infantry and have full packed assault class, when trying to play Conquest, u'll find urself on the battlefield with only SMG, repair kit and Rocketlauncher. Okay, I'll drive tank then. And there are mines all over the map. Oh, u want to defuse them? Defuse kit costs 1 unlock. But unlike on the start now 1 unlock costs not 100-200 points of progression(today 15000-20000), now u r lieutenant and u r going to grind 3000-5000 to achieve next unlock. And 55000 of BF2142's max rank when u have everything unlocked now will be 5 000 000.

what are you talking about? I didnt say "you can use something if only you have it unlocked". Its just mastery level, which gives you benefits to your playstyle

1 минуту назад, Atway сказал:

what are you talking about? I didnt say "you can use something if only you have it unlocked". Its just mastery level, which gives you benefits to your playstyle

It's there to show the example of what "achievement progression" can become and how ugly it is.

2 минуты назад, Atway сказал:

I said this "advantage" should be not more just 10-15%, its not really big advantage (ok, its big for good player and almost nothing for average one). And if there is nothing to achieve in the game, but the same sessions on the same maps with, the game will become boring to anyone within a month.

And me killing newcomers with 10-15% less recoil or 10-15% less reload time would not make me bored, yes? And they'll start calling cheaters ppl with this unlocks even more.

Mb revert it? The higher u r in the rank - the less effective are attachments, mmm?

Is it really you? Are you hacked?

The main reason I don't play Division is CLOTHES, increasing your damage and accuracy.

"How can exist society without colour difference of pants?" Kin-Dza-Dza
feb52cccd614a00ca399a946592cd0c4.jpg

28 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

It's there to show the example of what "achievement progression" can become and how ugly it is.

well, you could bring an example of p2w games then, cause bying uber-weapons for real-money is an extreme example of "progression system". I mentioned 2 times: do. not. make. it. significant.  Also:

2 hours ago, Atway said:

All perks just examples, so please dont discuss it in a way like "this perk will be OP blah-blah-blah", discuss the overall idea please (and ofc any improvements are welcomed)

same here:

15 minutes ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

The main reason I don't play Division is CLOTHES, increasing your damage and accuracy.

stay on topic please

16 minutes ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

"How can exist society without colour difference of pants?" Kin-Dza-Dza

what the point of it here? Did I say something about skins?

1 минуту назад, Atway сказал:

I mentioned 2 times: do. not. make. it. significant.  Also:

If 10-15% difference are insignificant for u, then there is nothing I can do. Still imaginary "No" vote to the "mastery" idea.

8 минут назад, Atway сказал:

stay on topic please

It's the same mechanic. Something "magically" changes weapon properties in shooter, that intends to be some kind of realistic.

If we talk about something, like Overwatch or else - no problems, but not there. Mechanics should synergise with setting. That's the reason, I'm against high TTK. Modern "Granite" body armor plates can hold up to 3 rifle bullets, not 10. It's for example.

12 minutes ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Something "magically" changes weapon properties in shooter, that intends to be some kind of realistic.

magically? How about our soldier experience and mastery?

11 минут назад, Atway сказал:

How about our soldier experience and mastery?

We have already trained soldiers under our control. Not green conscripts. And how experince can affect recoil? Sway, maybe in terms of accuracy.

8 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

I don’t like the idea if you use a gun it gets better it makes sense in something like EFT because your just some dude but in WW3 your a trained soldier.

Actually, in EFT you're ex Navy Seals or alike, it's mentioned when you select your character / faction

2 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Actually, in EFT you're ex Navy Seals or alike, it's mentioned when you select your character / faction

Oh I didn’t know that well umm... maybe he’s rusty? So he gets less rusty as you play or something? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Atway i definitely not like this idea its have no sense in real world the things not stay that way the ww3 have tends to be real in most his part , instead i have better idea for grinding part if you reaaly need it pregression system will be realy long for those who want it you can grind really much and will give you fame + will improve your communication abilities with teamats and squad + this will not make the new ones lives harder its will make your live in game more pleasant + it's completely in the range of reality :

Edited by Hypnotic