tynblpb

Sad story with somewhat happy(?) end.

WW3, USB-Headphones and freezing.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. I have USB-Headphones and I have problems with my WW3 game.

• Yes.
    • No.

Posted (edited)

It all started ~1 month ago.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11019-feedback-on-update-08/&do=findComment&comment=53913

Without any warning my game started to freeze whenever I try to enter the match. Not immediately. Very rarely when I enter the match game doesn't freeze. Usually game is waiting precisely 1 minute and then stops to respond. Sometimes it's 30-40 secs.

I've decided that I'll not bother devs and will try to find solution by myself.

Nothing helps. No matter what bugfixing I've tried. Literally all what is written here on forum. Or wherever else.

On the pics below u can see how it looks like. There is the moment when GPU usage drop to zero, GPU and VRAM frequency drops too and my games is freezed. I hear the ambient sounds on the map, but that's all. 2nd, 4th and 5th from the top graphics on pic below.

freeze.thumb.jpg.ed53000560973ddcdf1594ac3d155dc1.jpg

Eventually I've tried to reinstall Windows.

Even on the freshly installed Windows games freezes. Map, mode, population, region in pre 0.8.6 patches - nothing matters. Game freezes.

2 year old Video drivers or newest - game freezes.

But to my surprise when I've tried PTE version - there are NO problems with freezes. It means that it's Live version problem, not my PC.

Then I've read somewhere on the net, that often ur PC's audio can cause the problems. 

Tried my earphones with 3.5 mm jack. Wow, no problems. So, problems is with my headphones or the headphone's driver.

Trying to play WW3 without driver. Freeze. Okay, then there is problem with how game interacts with my USB-headphones. The problem is that I don't have:

a) other USB-headphones.

b) mine are 7-years old Speedlink Medusa NX USB 5.1. Physical 5.1. I love them and the only headphones that can replace them are other physical 5.1 or 7.1 headphones. I'm not ready to spend ~250$ to buy new headphones when mine are working and fully satisfy me.

Now the only way I can play WW3 is to unplug my earphones, enter the match, wait for no less than 50 secs and the plug in my earphones. Then I can play normally. "Happy" end.

freeze2.thumb.jpg.0ef2e1197e701902f7dc139a90ddee68.jpg

So here I am.

First. Making a poll. If someone has USB-headphones and has/doesn't have problems with WW3 freezing - PLZ vote.

Second. Count this as bugreport plz, though I don't know can it help to recognize what is freezing my game. 

If anyone knows what can help - guide me.

Edited by tynblpb

does 3.5 jack -> external usb audio card count? Logitech G432, works ok for me

9 минут назад, Atway сказал:

does 3.5 jack -> external usb audio card count? Logitech G432, works ok for me

Mb. Mine is Usb-plug -> external USB audio card of my headphones -> headphones themselves.

The thought that game doesn't like specifically my headphones is kinda scaring me.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

The thought that game doesn't like specifically my headphones is kinda scaring me.

devs few days ago: hmmm how to get rid of tynblpb?... Gotcha! Where are his crash reports? Ok, lets seee... plugged devices... now lets add a new piece of code which will crash the game only for his audio device... and add random value timer for it, just to make it more complicated to detect

Edited by Atway
  • Haha 1

Game stopped crashing, even though I didn't do anything. Lucky me. Happy end.😌

Happy to hear that this managed to fix it self. We will monitor if this happens more often.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:28 AM, tynblpb said:

So, problems is with my headphones or the headphone's driver.

recently i`ve faced an article about game crashes due to headphones sampling frequency when it was set outside of common 44.1 or 48 kHz. Can you check it?

Posted (edited)
17 часов назад, Atway сказал:

recently i`ve faced an article about game crashes due to headphones sampling frequency when it was set outside of common 44.1 or 48 kHz. Can you check it?

Don't have any bars/buttons to change it in my driver, so even if something wss changed it was without me knowing.

I'll search a bit more later.

Edited by tynblpb

Just now, tynblpb said:

Don't have any bars/buttons to change it in my driver, so even if something wss changed it was without me knowing.

it can be changed via windows sound settings

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Atway said:

I have mine set to 192000Hz 32bit no problems. I had some at last patch when using Voip the game lags.

Recommendet Headset Beyerdynamics MMX300 or equal all 5.1 and 7.1 Headset just suck...and i had a lot of them. Also had the Medusa,Sharkoon X-Tatic Digital Rev.1 +Rev.3,Logitech...

There is no compare to the MMX300!!It is ultra light ultra good sound and vivid...to me there is no better headset. Maybe the Beyerdynamic T-5 Cole 😍 if i win in lottery

I was using an open Logitech 5.1 z906 before but my wife and the neighbours complaine 🤪

If you do not have the money to buy this i would go for the DT 770 Pro if you do not need a Mic or this one >>>

https://www.beyerdynamic.de/custom-game-b-ware.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwguzzBRBiEiwAgU0FT10pTj21QtzIIBkWi7XruK9UAQvHzetMdpv6AkcxAdMlRxek4p1yXRoCpt0QAvD_BwE

If you want 5.1 or 7.1 you can use Immerson that is better than all 5.x or 7.1 what ever looks like this

Desktop.thumb.jpg.14030aa61886d96495adac4862c6b247.jpg

Edited by Enigma