Rivy

Walking/silent movement.

Question

The best way one could do this right now is if one is crouching or proned. However, for a game where movement matters quite significantly, I find that trying to play stealthily when someone could hear your footsteps (sometimes you're less likely to pick up on someone's gun fire than hear them approach you); it can sometimes be pointless otherwise in my opinion unless there's lots of explosions, gunfire and/or vehicular combat going on too.

If there are any reasons why this won't be implemented, I don't mind hearing why; I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but the devs know this game far better than we all do.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Well, when ur soldier can anytime shout "our SL is dead! What we are gonna do?!" even if u r trying to play splinter cell, I don't think there is much meaning in adding silent moving.

IF soldier would also enter "muted mode" when trying to move without making noise - why not? MB ppl would run'n'gun less then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Well, when ur soldier can anytime shout "our SL is dead! What we are gonna do?!" even if u r trying to play splinter cell, I don't think there is much meaning in adding silent moving.

IF soldier would also enter "muted mode" when trying to move without making noise - why not? MB ppl would run'n'gun less then.

Good point about the soldier quotes - maybe they could be modified to be heard only by team mates but at the same time I'm alright with how they are.

I admit I've been playing some Insurgency: Sandstorm and silent movement has been a lifesaver for me on occasion. I think tactical shooters, unless they're going for ultra-realism, should consider this (whether it ends up being implemented or not) to try and reward something other than run and gun gameplay.

I've also been playing Splitgate and audio has helped me more than the radar in many occasions.

Edited by Rivy

7 hours ago, Rivy said:

Good point about the soldier quotes - maybe they could be modified to be heard only by team mates but at the same time I'm alright with how they are.

I admit I've been playing some Insurgency: Sandstorm and silent movement has been a lifesaver for me on occasion. I think tactical shooters, unless they're going for ultra-realism, should consider this (whether it ends up being implemented or not) to try and reward something other than run and gun gameplay.

I've also been playing Splitgate and audio has helped me more than the radar in many occasions.

Make it so that enemy's "silent movement" is only heard when you're completely still + no background noise. Furthermore, it shouldn't be tied to stance. Perhaps pressing Caps could put you into quiet mode for whichever stance you're in and make you much slower.

• Thanks 1

To contribute with my old topic :

I hope this time not be Declined as low up-votes.

LOL OMG... steahlty play...i call it camp or non helpfull squadmates 😋🤪

Yeah lets add different Shoes and boots for Soldiers...to reduce noise. Maybe some Adidas Torsion for better sprinting and some Nike Sneakers for beeing more silent.

Oh and i want a Clownmask for more fun in the game 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry but to me this is just ......am yeah 😜

I hope they fix the raw game it self instead of adding stupid more problems like this!!!

To me the Sound is okay 3D hearing could be a bit better and some sound should be fixed (like Steven Hawkin Voice as Commander or the super loud UAV)

But this "maybe they could be modified to be heard only by team mates"  to turn the voices OFF for enemies ?? What is the point of that...

I even like it that i can hear the enemy is reloading his gun and i can rush and own the camper 🤣

To me best idea to add a movement volume is you need 4 movement speeds like SLOW ,Medium ,Fast and fast Sprint.But i thing Fast and fast Sprint should be limited by weight.

Another idea of different movement speeds was a feature in free to play Americas Army 2.3. You had like a gearbox for movement speed 1 gear slow movement very silent for Pipeline gameplay where you have to attack and open some valve. Enemie Team was just listening for movement crouch or opening doors....Then you had the second gear very fast but loud you even could hear the gear you wearing.