Dunabar

[Weapon] Weapons that could enhance WW3 - Submachine Guns | Caribe

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks

So needed to take a bit of a break to relax my gears a bit before I start my next big suggestion series where I will be covering the WW3 Meta game. Before I get into that though, I wanted to do something a little special for my 300th forum post and I figured I would give my 300th forum post to a gun suggestion post since It's what I've done the most. That and I already have the third round of gun suggestions of mine completed. So, we have the 300th suggestion post, for the 3rd round of gun suggestions, 3rd Submachine gun to suggest, and on the 3rd month of the year. A lot of 3s going on here... Anyways! I figured I had not covered a South American country just yet in my recent weapon suggestion posts and I would be nice in keeping my North American biasness in check for once (I know, I'm a horribly bias American), Today I will be covering the Venezuelan prototype Bullpup Submachine gun, the Caribe. One quick thing to note though before we get started-

• Ignoring the controversial politics surrounding this gun. I'm not going to talk about all the Politics currently revolving around Venezuela or the Caribe SMG itself. This is a gun suggestion post for WW3 and the real life problems of Venezuela are a separate matter from this post. If someone wants to talk about the problems Venezuela is currently facing, here is a link to the off-topic section of the forums. Don't bring Venezuela's political matters to this post, please.

If you wish to read other Suggestion posts I have made, click the link below. Otherwise, lets get started with the Caribe.

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - The Caribe- Real life information behind the Caribe
  • Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons - Comparing stats between current in-game SMGs and suggested SMGs with the Caribe.
  • Section 3 - Special Features - Special features I think the Caribe should have
  • Section 4 - Customization - Customization options I think the Caribe should have

----

Section 1 - The Caribe

1200px-Flag_of_Venezuela_(state)_svg.thumb.png.ea67b072ad2bb1a7e4ed76fd29ea2962.png

Caribe1-768x522.png.274c5e71c10d28192ed8b8bcc954233b.png

Introduction & Demonstration Videos of the Caribe.

Extra Information sources.

The C-Caribe or CAVIM-Caribe, was first revealed in 2018 when the President of CAVIM (Compañia Anonima Venezolana de Industrias Militares) presented a replica to the General Commander of the Venezuelan Military, Jesús Suárez Chourio. Though little is known currently about the weapon, it features an obvious bullpup design using a hammer fired system, has select fire, fires standard 9x19mm Parabellum ammunition, capable of a fire rate of upwards of 1,200 rounds a minute, only weighs in at 3.42 kilograms or 7.53 pounds, and has a threaded barrel that allows for suppressors to be attached to it. Though a rather aesthetically pleasing sub machine gun, Bullpup sub machine guns are rather rare as the design takes a type of weapon that is usually small (Sub Machine Guns), and attempts to make the concept even smaller using a Bullpup design which tends to result in design problems that are both hard to work around & resolve. So, as it stands currently, it's hard to say what the future has in store for the Venezuelan Caribe.

So if the gun was to be added to the game, what playstyle would the gun favor, and most importantly where exactly would it stand when compared to the other SMGs?

----

Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons

In terms of playstyle, the Caribe should favor both the highly aggressive attackers and defensive attackers that are experienced SMG users at very close to close range engagements. While the gun should boast both a high automatic fire rate and near laser beam like accurate semi-automatic fire mode because of it being a 9mm Bullpup. It should come at the cost of the weapon lacking in the full auto precision department, having a slower reload speed for being a bullpup, and most importantly lack the ability to attach any grips/bipods (because of the weapon's design.) The "experienced" aspect of all this comes from players just generally knowing when it's time to switch to semi-automatic fire mode, when to fire in short, controlled bursts of full auto fire, and when to slam that trigger back to let rip a storm of lead. All three of which is only obtained through...well, time.

Now, lets move on to comparing possible stats of the Caribe vs. other SMGs in the game and of course any gun with (S) in it's name is a suggested gun I've suggested and it's not actually in the game itself. Like always the color coding works as shown below.

• Green - The gun is better compared to this weapon's stats on the list.
  • Yellow - The gun is equal or competitive compared to this weapon's stats on the list.
  • Red - The gun is worse compared to this weapon's stats on the list.

Please note:  I cannot test these stats to confirm balance, so think of these as more of a proposed starting place for testing on the PTE, and I'm comparing the stats of the weapons from a stock design against another stock design without taking customization into consideration. This is primarily to help keep the post small and avoid making a massive amount of variables to take into consideration.

Caribe proposed and compared stats.

• Caribe Effective ranges: 35m (28 damage.) Damage decreases at 36m - 135m (27 damage)
    • SIG: 60m (28 damage.) Damage decreases at 61m - 135m (27 damage)
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 45m (26 damage.) Damage decreases at 46m - 135m (15 damage)
    • Glauberyt: 60m (33 damage.) Damage decreases at 61m - 135m (25 damage)
    • VITYAZ: 60m (29 damage.) Damage decreases at 61m - 135m (20 damage)
    • (S) APC45: 50m (36 damage.) Damage decreases at 51m - 135m (22 damage)
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 30m (36 damage.) Damage decreases at 31m - 135m (24 damage)
  • Caribe Weight: 7.43
    • SIG: 6.5
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 3.45
    • Glauberyt: 4.2
    • VITYAZ: 5.4
    • (S) APC45: 6.5
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 8.95
  • Caribe Recoil: 0.35
    • SIG: 0.64
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 0.8
    • Glauberyt: 0.68
    • VITYAZ: 0.7
    • (S) APC45: 0.7
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 0.43
  • Caribe Spread: 0.58
    • SIG: 0.35
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 0.55
    • Glauberyt: 0.54
    • VITYAZ: 0.4
    • (S) APC45: 0.3
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 0.6
  • Caribe Reload time: 4.5 Seconds
    • SIG: 4.3 Seconds
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 3.1 Seconds
    • Glauberyt: 3.1 Seconds
    • VITYAZ: 2.8 Seconds
    • (S) APC45: 4.6 Seconds
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 4.0 Seconds
  • Caribe Rate of Fire: 1000 RPMs
    • SIG: 770 RPMs
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 780 RPMs
    • Glauberyt: 650 RPMs
    • VITYAZ: 700 RPMs
    • (S) APC45: 800 RPMs
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 580 RPMs
  • Caribe Caliber: 9x19mm Parabellum
    • SIG: 9x19mm Parabellum
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 5.7x28mm
    • Glauberyt: 9x18mm Makarov
    • VITYAZ: 9x19mm Parabellum
    • (S) APC45: .45 ACP
    • (S) SCAR-SC: .300 BLK
  • Caribe Muzzle Velocity: 450 m/s
    • SIG: 425 m/s
    • DMG Nine-Milli: 525 m/s
    • Glauberyt: 360 m/s
    • VITYAZ: 380 m/s
    • (S) APC45: 330 m/s
    • (S) SCAR-SC: 675 m/s
  • Caribe Bullets to Kill: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 11 / STL: 15
    • SIG: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 11 / STL: 15
    • DMG Nine-Milli: HDPE: 5 / PTLN: 6 / Cer: 8 / STL: 10
    • Glauberyt: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 10 / STL: 14
    • VITYAZ: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 11 / STL: 15
    • (S) APC45: HDPE: 4 / PTLN: 5 / Cer: 13 / STL: 17
    • (S) SCAR-SC: HDPE: 4 / PTLN: 5 / Cer: 6 / STL: 8

With this out of the way we move on to special features.

----

Section 3 - Special Features

• No Lower Options - Self explained in the name, the Caribe clearly was not designed in mind of People being able to add different frontal grips to the gun, if it actually was...I don't see it. So, I would suggest the following in exchange-
    • Caribe Unique "Grip" - Have the Caribe's "grip" reduce horizontal recoil on it's own behind the scenes sort of speak.
  • Reduced First Shot Recoil - Again like I stated up top way prior to this; the Caribe should have a very accurate semi-automatic fire mode because the gun is both a Bullpup and a 9mm gun.
  • No 60 Round Magazine - To keep the Caribe from stepping on the toes of both the DMG Nine-Millie & VITYAZ, the Caribe should only have access to 20 & 30 round Magazines. It makes it a little more like the "bog standard SMG." But, with a 1000 RPMs, a 60 round Drum is just asking for the magazine to become a no Brainer choice.
  • No Long Barrel - To keep the Caribe in that close-medium range engagement zones, I would completely forego adding a Long Barrel option. Short barrel stock for the most effective CQC option and Medium barrel for getting a bit more reach.

----

Section 4 - Customization

Now this part will be rather quick since I don't plan to go over stats or anything like that. Just a quick mention of what customization options the Caribe should and should not have access to in my opinion,

• Primary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Secondary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Barrels
    • Medium Barrel
    • Short Barrel
  • Muzzles
    • All Muzzles optional
  • Lower
    • None
  • Side
    • All side mounts optional
  • Magazines
    • 20 Round Magazine
    • 30 Round Magazine
  • Ammunition
    • All (Gun) Ammunition Types optional

As for bodyparts, the gun is a Prototype currently, so no aftermarket parts I'm afraid.

And with that we bring this post to an end. I hope everyone likes the idea of the Caribe, or at the very least the general concept of it. I know Asia is where the Theater of War is expanding into next. But, I wanted to suggest something nobody else had before and it be something from South America where we tend to rarely see weapons from (not saying we don't EVER see weapons from South America, just saying that we rarely tend to.) The hour grows late though and I still have to get my metaphorical ducks in order for the WW3 Meta Game suggestion series. Till the next suggestion post however...

Have a good one folks!

Edited by Dunabar
Small fixes
  • Like 3

11 answers to this question

Just now, Matt_dOvale said:

There is a surprisingly little amount of pictures of this SMG

Yup and several of them that are there are pretty poor quality. You also need to be very specific about finding it, otherwise you get a whole bunch of stuff not at all related to the weapon.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, Dunabar said:

Caribe Recoil: 0.20

• (S) APC45: 0.70

something wrong here i guess

31 minutes ago, Atway said:

something wrong here i guess

What is wrong? I'm not seeing it personally.

3 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

What is wrong? I'm not seeing it personally.

• Yellow - The gun is equal or competitive compared to this weapon's stats on the list.

if i get you right, you compare "Caribe Recoil: 0.20 " to others and somehow 0.20 is better that 0.64 (SIG) and worse than 0.8 (DMG-9) simultaneously. Also it is worse than 0.7 (Vityaz) and better that 0.70 ((S) APC45)

8 minutes ago, Atway said:

if i get you right, you compare "Caribe Recoil: 0.20 " to others and somehow 0.20 is better that 0.64 (SIG) and worse than 0.8 (DMG-9) simultaneously. Also it is worse than 0.7 (Vityaz) and better that 0.70 ((S) APC45)

Yeah it's lower than the 0.64 and higher than the 0.8. Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong and 0.8 is actually 0.80 without the 0 listed.

26 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

Yeah it's lower than the 0.64 and higher than the 0.8. Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong and 0.8 is actually 0.80 without the 0 listed.

wait wait wait)  So.... 0.64 < 0.20 < 0.8 ?

And whats about this?

image.png.d118126352b8e4c50a700349d6643bbd.png

0.7 and 0.70 are the same, arent they?

Just now, Atway said:

wait wait wait)  So.... 0.64 < 0.20 < 0.8 ?

And whats about this?

image.png.d118126352b8e4c50a700349d6643bbd.png

0.7 and 0.70 are the same, arent they?

Na, I was going with different. When I see (using the above as an example) 0.7, I don't think of it as 0.70, I just think 0.7. If I meant 0.70, I would type 0.70.

7 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

When I see (using the above as an example) 0.7, I don't think of it as 0.70, I just think 0.7. If I meant 0.70, I would type 0.70.

but they are the same O_o
0.7=0.70=0.700 and so on. Cant get what you mean, honestly)

5 minutes ago, Atway said:

but they are the same O_o
0.7=0.70=0.700 and so on. Cant get what you mean, honestly)

I think of it in reverse. 0.7 as in 0.07 if you will. Where 0.70 is just 0.70. I suspect I need to go in and correct all my posts after I get some sleep in me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

0.7 as in 0.07 if you will.

o____O No, math doesnt work like that :D

0.07 and 0.7 are not the same

• Like 3