tynblpb

[Weapon][Feature] Balancing SA-80.

Question

Posted (edited)

Currently, SA-80 is all in all best Assault Rifle in WW3. Because the are no malfunctions in the game it having one of the highest RoF, high velocity, good accuracy and very low horizontal recoil and kicks with right setup is easy controllable and very effective on all ranges. Its relatively high vertical recoil can be compensated by both ur hands and right attachments.

But there is one thing that is breaking the balance. It's 50/60 rounds drum mag. With SA-80 RoF if u've failed with ur aim with 30 rounds magazine it can cost u rly high. But with 60 rounds drums u can spray for almost 5 secs. It's MG5 on minimal but with incomparable accuracy. I was trying to run with 30 rounds mags and YES it's rly limiting ur playstyle forcing u to play much more accurate and cautiously.

And this limiting with SA-80 being a little too good in comparison with other ARs can be called as balancing.

So, the idea: limit SA-80 magazines to only 30 and less rounds. 

And last but not least. IRL bullpups have problems with drum mags and handling. And even in WW3 it can be seen clear. Look at pics below. Dunno, was it fixed it new movement/animation, but for me it's 1 more reason to limit bullpups to only 30 rounds mags.

If somebody will say that  it's wrong limiting like this - Verp-18, for example, has only 30 rounds mags available.

20200309234240_1.thumb.jpg.468696ee7ee4c810fdfb7830c4ba3298.jpg20200309234208_1.thumb.jpg.d56bca383d1a311dc66ebeb25c2edce2.jpg

Edited by tynblpb
typos
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

14 hours ago, tynblpb said:

IRL bullpups have problems with drum mags and handling

She doesnt think so :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREZwi5oHvrRJAta-0ql0FC2kZLc7kj-11nJrHT_xW3HBFBAqgE&s

Posted (edited)
34 минуты назад, Atway сказал:

She doesnt think so :D

Look at her thin hand! She obviously has problem with handling.

And moreover I've seen u many times running with SA-80.

U r on the evil side!i?id=41bf3219111f3181be814255902d1640-l&

Edited by tynblpb
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tynblpb said:

And moreover I've seen u many times running with SA-80.

many? I`d say all the time ;D

• Like 1

Oddly I was just thinking something similar.

I don't normally use LMGs but I've been trying the UKM out lately. Having a crazy amount of bullets makes it so I can pull off stupid multikills. I also mostly only run the 30 round mag on my SA80 because drum mags are ugly and it feels cheesy+weird to not use a 30 mag. So I was noticing how yeah, I love my SA80 for fast accurate shooting and run and gunning but I have to be pinpoint accurate with my shooting or all my ammo is gone in a flash. That's not an issue with the drum mags tho 

It'd be alot better having the risk be from missing shots with the high fire rate and limited mag size than just making the gun suck and hard to kill with because it's too uncontrollable. 

Posted (edited)

I don't mind an SA-80 nerf as long as it still remains usable for general purposes; at worst I may start using another gun if that becomes more fun to use for me or something. I prefer to use this gun though because it's the most challenging gun (if not that then it feels fun - I love how it sounds, I love the quick reload time and I like how the recoil isn't easy or hard enough to be boring or frustrating). There's more difficult to use guns out there but I prefer not to use them since they're not so general purpose (more obvious examples being the DMG and the MG5 likely) or can otherwise be frustrating (namely with recoil).

Edited by Rivy