Jump to content
DoctorMcBatman

WW3's biggest issue

Recommended Posts

Not optimization, not content, not meta/balance changes.

WW3's biggest issue to this day, IMO, is the October 2018 launch. Somewhere over 10K people tried to play, and very few could get in. It left a very poor and defining reputation on the game. I still see this issue referenced above all others in forums/reddit when anyone mentions WW3.

It was very unfortunate and arguably poorly handled, regarding the launch. But I think it's a real shame that people are ignoring the game because of that. The EA period hasn't been totally smooth, and that hasn't helped. But I really think if that launch issue didn't occur, the game would have grown a decent-sized core community that stuck around.

In a gaming industry of billion dollar corporations (and even some indies) compromising their games to sell MTX, ignoring players to chase trends, etc., TF51 is genuinely trying to make an uncompromised game that both they and the players want to play. Black Matter with their WW2 game is doing something very similar.

So I just wanted to remind players:

Even though launch was poor, even though you may be disgruntled with balance changes or content, even if performance isn't good for you... The Farm 51 are the good guys. Abandoning and ridiculing them is not good for gaming. I know market forces are more powerful than one forum post, but those of you still checking in, please consider this and potentially defending WW3 when you see negative comments on forums/social media. The game deserves critique in certain areas, but it deserves praise in many others and it is very deserving of a second chance.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for understanding! Developers are working every day to bring 1.0 closer to release and you guys will be surprised how many cool things are planned to come with 1.0 and after that.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

WW3's biggest issue

players are the biggest issue, just players. Those who cant understand what "Early access" means. Those who froze onto a minor bug a year ago and checked only the same minor bug recently say that nothing changed since the launch. Like "ohmagad! this grip on my gun is shifted 2 inches closer than it should be! This bug is in the game since 0.1!!11111111111 Game is ded nothing changeeeed!111 Im gonna make a fckn deadly review on steam right noww!11111"

Edited by Atway
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

Not optimization, not content, not meta/balance changes.

WW3's biggest issue to this day, IMO, is the October 2018 launch. Somewhere over 10K people tried to play, and very few could get in. It left a very poor and defining reputation on the game. I still see this issue referenced above all others in forums/reddit when anyone mentions WW3.

It was very unfortunate and arguably poorly handled, regarding the launch. But I think it's a real shame that people are ignoring the game because of that. The EA period hasn't been totally smooth, and that hasn't helped. But I really think if that launch issue didn't occur, the game would have grown a decent-sized core community that stuck around.

In a gaming industry of billion dollar corporations (and even some indies) compromising their games to sell MTX, ignoring players to chase trends, etc., TF51 is genuinely trying to make an uncompromised game that both they and the players want to play. Black Matter with their WW2 game is doing something very similar.

So I just wanted to remind players:

Even though launch was poor, even though you may be disgruntled with balance changes or content, even if performance isn't good for you... The Farm 51 are the good guys. Abandoning and ridiculing them is not good for gaming. I know market forces are more powerful than one forum post, but those of you still checking in, please consider this and potentially defending WW3 when you see negative comments on forums/social media. The game deserves critique in certain areas, but it deserves praise in many others and it is very deserving of a second chance.

Dude don´t get me wrong we loved this game my friends and I sticked to the game since launch!! I played some hours i guess 1300 🤪 We liked it from the first moment even with the bugs. Because we all know that it is EA game but then all my friends quit playing one after another. Because to some of them(as the game performance gets worse by Patches) the game gets unplaybel after engine switch. So 13 of my  friends decide to go back to Squad ,Arma, Insurgeny Sandstorm,Hell let lose what ever .

So there was then only 7 friends left to play with then came the High Pinger Merge ...oh sry Server Merge 🙈 To get the game more populated 🤣 but the opposite is the effect,

As you can see here https://steamcharts.com/app/674020 just take a look at the times when servers get populated10-11 o´clock ALL EU PLAYERS!!!! But at 13 o´clock german time it is time to leave the servers because China is coming home from works and they join the servers with 350ms minimum latency.They do NOT join SA Servers or try to fill them up NO. They join EU Server on purpose because they know they will rape them with names like this "Chinese high-ping camper"or this "Visual Studio Code". This makes me leave the game and play something that is fair and dont give high pingers this advantage...i mean why should i play against people with a latency of 400ms??? You can shoot at them but you can not kill them!!!! To me it only makes fun when you have Laoge and friends as Chinese high-ping camper or "Visual Studio Code" on your Team!

Other games will kick you for a latency above 150ms!! We have 2020 not 1990 where you have 65k woodmodem!!                                                                                        If your internet sucks than you should NOT play this!!!

Then i come to bugs... i mean i still have the same anyoing bug as in patch 0.5 Not able to use vehicle turrets or drive with others as a gunner, teleporting,be invisibel,textures,weapon stats ...(i stay away from vehicles and dont use them)

So my conclusion is STOP PLAYING THIS as it just makes me angry and disapointed and before i do any stupid things again 😜.

The game at least now feels like a weapon Testrange or Battleroyal what ever. Not a Squad and Teamplay based Tactical shooter...

Example:What is tactic to sit as Attacker in a bush 32 Minutes as a Squadleader with ludicrous  G29 doing 4:28 Score? Or fly around with minidrone even not marking anything or help!!!

Dont get me wrong: To me this is still one of the best game ideas of the last Years!!! I love the Scaling and the look the weapons,vehicles,attachments and how they feel.That was EXACTLY what i was waiting and looking for. Also liked the Team and Squadplay when it works its amazing. I quit playing Battlefield 4 for this and setup new RIG.

I hope so much they get this game back on the road to success and make this the Future best Tactical PC Shooter!!!

 

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'm beginning to prefer other games, I think the gaming industry badly needs an indie alternative to certain shooters, both to maintain competition and to give something that screws with players less while giving them the gameplay they love. I am giving F51 my support.

I'm having to stop playing because of studies and because I'm feeling frustrated of how bad I am - there are some bad apples in teams and squads but sometimes I feel like I can't even stay alive long enough to pull my own weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2020 at 20:54, DoctorMcBatman said:

Não otimização, conteúdo, alterações de meta / equilíbrio.

A maior questão da WW3 até hoje, a IMO, é o lançamento em outubro de 2018. Em algum lugar, mais de 10 mil pessoas tentaram jogar, e muito poucas conseguiram entrar. Isso deixou uma reputação muito ruim e definidora no jogo. Ainda vejo esse problema mencionado acima de todos os outros nos fóruns / reddit quando alguém menciona a WW3.

Foi muito lamentável e discutivelmente mal tratado em relação ao lançamento. Mas acho uma pena que as pessoas estejam ignorando o jogo por causa disso. O período da EA não foi totalmente tranquilo e isso não ajudou. Mas eu realmente acho que se esse problema de lançamento não ocorresse, o jogo teria crescido em uma comunidade central de tamanho decente que permaneceu por aí.

Em uma indústria de jogos de empresas de bilhões de dólares (e até algumas indies) comprometendo seus jogos para vender MTX, ignorando os jogadores para seguir tendências, etc., o TF51 está realmente tentando criar um jogo descomprometido que eles e os jogadores desejam jogar. O Black Matter com o jogo da Segunda Guerra Mundial está fazendo algo muito semelhante.

Então, eu só queria lembrar aos jogadores:

Mesmo que o lançamento tenha sido ruim, mesmo que você fique desapontado com as alterações no equilíbrio ou no conteúdo, mesmo que o desempenho não seja bom para você ... O Farm 51 são os mocinhos. Abandoná-los e ridicularizá-los não é bom para jogos. Eu sei que as forças de mercado são mais poderosas do que uma postagem no fórum, mas as que ainda estão fazendo check-in, considere isso e defenda a Segunda Guerra Mundial quando vir comentários negativos nos fóruns / mídias sociais. O jogo merece críticas em certas áreas, mas merece elogios em muitas outras e merece muito uma segunda chance.

brought new air to pc games. I say this because whenever I want to play the most attention for the proved to be a real nice guy, it is also a top game. I say this because whenever we see it.
completed one of the great exclusive games.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 launch isn't really an issue though.
You can't go back in time and fix something from two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2020 at 10:46 AM, Atway said:

players are the biggest issue, just players. Those who cant understand what "Early access" means. Those who froze onto a minor bug a year ago and checked only the same minor bug recently say that nothing changed since the launch. Like "ohmagad! this grip on my gun is shifted 2 inches closer than it should be! This bug is in the game since 0.1!!11111111111 Game is ded nothing changeeeed!111 Im gonna make a fckn deadly review on steam right noww!11111"

Atway is 100% right... THE PLAYERS ARE THE GAMES BIGGEST ISSUE.

I thought this is a Squadbased Tactical Shooter but...

It feels like 90% of the people who play this are just...NO WORDS FOR THAT

I could make a list within seconds with A.holes that always insulting and talking BS even when not asked.

They dont help you they just act worser than A.i. would do.

You ask for Squad to help! Squad tell you to shut the f... up

Then i get asked

Why u so mad...?

gjfar.jpg

Antisozial DURACEL2.png

 

EDIT: Another thing are the SERVER CRASHES!!

Always the same you play have fun for 20Minutes then other players Freeze and the server crash. WHY THIS HAPPEN?????

As to me it is time that the Devs maybe take place and say something to those who still try to play this!!

WHAT IS GOING ON DEVELOPERS??? WE THE PLAYERS HAVE MORE CRASH MORE UNSTABLE PLAY MORE HIGH PINGERS THAT CAUSE SERVER CRASH????

im still asking my self why should i send crash reports? It seems useless

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me personally i do not care about the bad start, it wasn't the issue on why i stopped playing. The major issue is the lack of communication and focus. 

 

Take for example the HUD. Nobody knew it was coming, because there was no Info about it. It was just like "surprise" there's a new HUD for you. The problem is, me and 90% of the people i spoke to prefer the "old" HUD, because the new one is just too complicated, to clunky, to obstructing. It's a generally bad HUD. Now ofc there is a hand full of people who like it, but the majority does not and the reaction from devs? -> Ignore. 

 

A lot of things like the original customization system got changed and the game slowly progressed to a worse state then before. The 0.2 customization was really damn cool - one of the best I've seen. Then they decided to change it and it's garbage now. 0815 customization poorly balanced (or not balanced at all actually) and the promised 100's of different attachments that have meanwhile been taken out of the roadmap never came. 

 

There was a huge drop in player base since i think it was 0.6 or 0.7 ? Well the game was crashing every 10 minutes and last time i played it still crashed twice on me. Obviously it's only an alpha game yeah, but people are meant to test the game. How do you test a game that you can not properly play? 

 

Getting feedback by launching an alpha version is a generally good idea, except for you have to actually listen to the feedback and that never happened once. I saw a good bunch of posts and news saying "the community wanted this and we did it!" - hurray! Except for how comes i never saw a post about it and nether did anybody else? Things were just completely made up and at some point i realized, that there is just no hope for this game. Even when it releases in full version you can expect a few players joining, but not for long... 

 

//EDIT

Sorry my bad, it is still in the Roadmap hidden on the bottom and says not hundred, but "THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMIZATION COMBINATIONS". Yeah lol. From the 5 options you have now to that is a long way... Just saying... 

Edited by maddinii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blaming people for not wanting to play a game that seemingly gets worse as time passes is not the right way. How can some of you sit here and blame people? How fucked up is that.

The bugs and issues (no not fore grip being off two inches) but the performance, the crashing, the holes in the maps, the issues people have using vehicles, the invisible players (which when i report i was being mocked that PeRsOn NoT iNvIsIbLe, you think im trolling when i reported that or what? Still is an issue still isnt fixed and that was report well over half a year ago), the bugs with the menus, the crash report not wanting to send, that will give a player confidence. ;)

The developers listening to who knows who (btw hows that breakthrough mode working out? Seems no one plays it, and maybe you should change the name since BFV has a mode called.... Ready? Breakthrough.), the community thats left is also a bit of an issue as well (not everyone). Seeing dick swinging that so and so has 1000 hours vs someones 999 hours makes their opinion more valid is just stupid, someone who knows what they're talking about can tell you the issues with the game in a round if not less. 

Blaming players, how dare you blame them. Their confidence has gone for this game and there's a good list of reasons why not limited to what i said above. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 минуту назад, PointShootActionTTV сказал:

The bugs and issues (no not fore grip being off two inches) but the performance, the crashing, the holes in the maps, the issues people have using vehicles, the invisible players (which when i report i was being mocked that PeRsOn NoT iNvIsIbLe, you think im trolling when i reported that or what? Still is an issue still isnt fixed and that was report well over half a year ago), the bugs with the menus, the crash report not wanting to send, that will give a player confidence

 

11.03.2020 в 12:46, Atway сказал:

Those who cant understand what "Early access" means

🤭 

BTW, how many hours do u have in game?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

 

🤭 

BTW, how many hours do u have in game?

 

Lol I am well aware what "early access" is my pea brained chum. But your attitude and comment is exactly what i was talking about, thank you for your time. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really glad about the recent patch to see that progress is still being made, no matter if it is slow (or to be more precise we were only presented small steps forward), but I can't help but share @maddinii's sentiment. I always found it hard to express my issue precisely, but to rephrase it slightly I think to me it es the lack of focus in communication which troubles me mostly. It is true that you can get in touch with the devs in the forum and via Steam or discord which is great without a doubt but to be honest that doesn't help much given how imprecise and abstract the communication often is.

Let me give you an example: Since the Weekly Reports got cancelled we got no Developer report/diary/whatever was supposed to replace it. This in itself is no issue. There was probably nothing to report. BUT over the same period it was confirmed that the soundsystem will be reworked completely and head glitching will be treated with one liners in the forum - isn't that something to write a bit more about?

Probably someone (looking at you @tynblpb )  will call me impatient but knowing a new soundsystem will be implemented without even the slightest concretization of what this means does not ease me worries about the game's progress. Infact, on the contrary it makes me worry even more. Why? Because the list of things which are confirmed to come closer to 1.0 gets longer and longer. And I am not talking about small changes here and there but core elements of the game which are remade from the scratch (some examples: Animation system, soundsystem, balance of weapons on a macro level, customization menu, ingame progress and so on and so on). While I am no developer this makes me wonder one thing: Doesn't that mean a lot of work to be done twice? Why do so many core elements get a complete remake?

Another thing which was brought about by maddinii and @PointShootActionTTV is prioritization. An argument to cut the weekly reports was that it takes off time from development and I totally get that. But if the team's ressources are so short that there is no time to write regular and meaningful reports about the progress (no matter how large) being made, why put ressources into something which arguably isn't all that important at the time of it's making like the Breakthrough mode which is really great but doesn't get the attention it deserves because of the playercount or the new UI? I get that it was before the reports got cancelled and sure, it won't be the same people working on the reports or a new game mode. But honestly, it feels weird if the communication gets cut because the team is so busy and some of the bigger recent changes were things nobody asked for because they are not what the game is suffering from.

 

And to answer to the responses which will come for sure:

I know what Earyl access means and I am impressed how you ignore or wilfully misunderstand the points brought up by PointShootActionTTV. So let me make this clear (I am pretty confident I speak for maddinii and PSATTV too, correct me if I am wrong): We know what Early Access means, we are not impatient and none of us expects that everything would be perfect at this moment, every bug already be fixed or whatever. I would not even care if the game would take 2 more years until it's finished as long as I get the feeling the development is on it's track. And I lost this feeling somewhat after .7. Even if major issues have not been fixed there could have been words about them: Have the causes been found, are you testing fixes, where is it on the priority list? Something which tells people the team is aware of what troubles the players.

So for a moment imagine these words don't come from someone who just wants to complain for the sake of complaining but who is invested in the game, wants to see it succeed and has honest concerns about the progress of the development.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HeiligeRobbe is right. I miss the transparency and communication the devs had on the Forums and on the Discord server. Nowadays I never hear anything anymore from Ragir and such.

We didn't even get an update about how they are dealing with this whole pandemic and that we need to be patient since they are working from home. We just have to kind of assume this is why they are taking so long and why they are not as open about stuff anymore. And when we ask them stuff directly we get some vague answer or none at all. 

Don't get me wrong I loved the developers, but this radio silence makes me feel dissapointed and sad. I really think they need to come up with something soon or else they might even lose the people that are really invested in this game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, maddinii said:

Take for example the HUD. Nobody knew it was coming, because there was no Info about it. It was just like "surprise" there's a new HUD for you. The problem is, me and 90% of the people i spoke to prefer the "old" HUD, because the new one is just too complicated, to clunky, to obstructing. It's a generally bad HUD. Now ofc there is a hand full of people who like it, but the majority does not and the reaction from devs? -> Ignore. 

A lot of things like the original customization system got changed and the game slowly progressed to a worse state then before. The 0.2 customization was really damn cool - one of the best I've seen. Then they decided to change it and it's garbage now. 0815 customization poorly balanced (or not balanced at all actually) and the promised 100's of different attachments that have meanwhile been taken out of the roadmap never came. 

Getting feedback by launching an alpha version is a generally good idea, except for you have to actually listen to the feedback and that never happened once. I saw a good bunch of posts and news saying "the community wanted this and we did it!" - hurray! Except for how comes i never saw a post about it and nether did anybody else? Things were just completely made up and at some point i realized, that there is just no hope for this game. Even when it releases in full version you can expect a few players joining, but not for long... 

//EDIT

Sorry my bad, it is still in the Roadmap hidden on the bottom and says not hundred, but "THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMIZATION COMBINATIONS". Yeah lol. From the 5 options you have now to that is a long way... Just saying... 

They developed a TDM mode because players asked. Who those players are and where they are now, I don't know, but I'd have some words for them if I did.

I guarantee TF51 made other changes based on player feedback. And customization in 0.2 was meh, very few of the components actually did anything IIRC. I haven't played since .6 or .7, what has changed since then? Last I played, the customization system was essentially the same as on release, though I could be remembering it wrong.

Agreed re: the HUD though, I have not liked the screenshots I've seen of the new HUD.

16 hours ago, PointShootAction said:

Blaming people for not wanting to play a game that seemingly gets worse as time passes is not the right way. How can some of you sit here and blame people? How fucked up is that.

The bugs and issues (no not fore grip being off two inches) but the performance, the crashing, the holes in the maps, the issues people have using vehicles, the invisible players (which when i report i was being mocked that PeRsOn NoT iNvIsIbLe, you think im trolling when i reported that or what? Still is an issue still isnt fixed and that was report well over half a year ago), the bugs with the menus, the crash report not wanting to send, that will give a player confidence. ;)

The developers listening to who knows who (btw hows that breakthrough mode working out? Seems no one plays it, and maybe you should change the name since BFV has a mode called.... Ready? Breakthrough.), the community thats left is also a bit of an issue as well (not everyone). Seeing dick swinging that so and so has 1000 hours vs someones 999 hours makes their opinion more valid is just stupid, someone who knows what they're talking about can tell you the issues with the game in a round if not less. 

Blaming players, how dare you blame them. Their confidence has gone for this game and there's a good list of reasons why not limited to what i said above. 

?

No one blamed players. On several occasions I've aired my grievances with the game and my reasons for not feeling compelled to play it in quite a while.

Yes, this EA period has been rocky. Yes, TF51 deserve a lot of criticism. Complaints about communications seem valid; they were very good about communication during the first part of the EA period when I was around actively, but it sounds like they've slacked a bit in this area.

This thread was made to acknowledge these issues AND remind players that it's still in our best interest to support the game, or at the very least to refrain from negatively piling up on it any time it's mentioned on reddit/gaming forums.

You brought up BFV. Battlefield is really the main comparison in terms of the gameplay WW3 offers. Do you really think the people running EA DICE give a fuck about what you want in a game? They've sold Battlefield out to market research and industry fads. They've shunned their longstanding core player base to chase a new demographic, because they think that's how they'll make more money.

Admonishing WW3 as a failure at this point is shooting yourself in the foot as a gamer (if you care about genuine games made with integrity...). I'll take a passionate developer who screws up 10/10 times vs. a studio that abandons its roots to chase a quick buck.

You might be angry at the issues you've endured while playing WW3, but expressing that anger as a degradation of TF51/WW3 only helps the big publisher monopoly. Gamers love to get outraged, but in this case I'm asking you: is it worth it? What does it accomplish and what do you want the PC gaming scene to ideally look like?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

They developed a TDM mode because players asked. Who those players are and where they are now, I don't know, but I'd have some words for them if I did.

I guarantee TF51 made other changes based on player feedback. And customization in 0.2 was meh, very few of the components actually did anything IIRC. I haven't played since .6 or .7, what has changed since then? Last I played, the customization system was essentially the same as on release, though I could be remembering it wrong.

Agreed re: the HUD though, I have not liked the screenshots I've seen of the new HUD.

?

No one blamed players. On several occasions I've aired my grievances with the game and my reasons for not feeling compelled to play it in quite a while.

Yes, this EA period has been rocky. Yes, TF51 deserve a lot of criticism. Complaints about communications seem valid; they were very good about communication during the first part of the EA period when I was around actively, but it sounds like they've slacked a bit in this area.

This thread was made to acknowledge these issues AND remind players that it's still in our best interest to support the game, or at the very least to refrain from negatively piling up on it any time it's mentioned on reddit/gaming forums.

You brought up BFV. Battlefield is really the main comparison in terms of the gameplay WW3 offers. Do you really think the people running EA DICE give a fuck about what you want in a game? They've sold Battlefield out to market research and industry fads. They've shunned their longstanding core player base to chase a new demographic, because they think that's how they'll make more money.

Admonishing WW3 as a failure at this point is shooting yourself in the foot as a gamer (if you care about genuine games made with integrity...). I'll take a passionate developer who screws up 10/10 times vs. a studio that abandons its roots to chase a quick buck.

You might be angry at the issues you've endured while playing WW3, but expressing that anger as a degradation of TF51/WW3 only helps the big publisher monopoly. Gamers love to get outraged, but in this case I'm asking you: is it worth it? What does it accomplish and what do you want the PC gaming scene to ideally look like?

 

That wasnt directed to you im saying people blaming other for not playing isnt the best thing to do looking at the state the games in. As for BFV they have a game mode thats similar with the same name.

Criticism is needed where it is, but when its shrugged off thats a bit of a thing to worry about for a "passion project". 

There are better studios with less people that make games that perform better 🤷‍♂️. Yes at this moment it certainly does seem that the game is a success and if you would rather have a developer that makes mistakes 10/10 then hey, that's cool but i guess dont expect the game to do well then right? So yes since money is asked for a product it should be more functional and stable than what is currently available.  Hence why people aren't playing it and they do get outraged. Look at "gameplay" trailers for the game it seems much smoother/looks better than the actual game.

But regardless of that, what did push me away is the lack of passion. The meh attitude, the lack of direction the game seems to have, some of the things teased which have been seemingly forgotten about, and lastly the feeling that the game was already put down a path regardless of community feedback. 

And for some reason I think others have moved on due to this if not other reasons whatever they may be. Judging from the steam charts.

Edited by PointShootAction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

They developed a TDM mode because players asked. Who those players are and where they are now, I don't know, but I'd have some words for them if I did.

I guarantee TF51 made other changes based on player feedback. And customization in 0.2 was meh, very few of the components actually did anything IIRC. I haven't played since .6 or .7, what has changed since then? Last I played, the customization system was essentially the same as on release, though I could be remembering it wrong.

Agreed re: the HUD though, I have not liked the screenshots I've seen of the new HUD.

 

 

Players wanted an alternative to being one shot by snipers every 2 Minutes, which is why they were begging for some brain dead mass slaughter mode (TDM). However it was actually only a very small hand full of players who really wanted TDM. At that time most people were concerned about getting a Server Browser, which kept getting denied. It eventually made it's way in to the game by now, but at the time it came the player base was already that low, that it didn't really matter.

 

I know i keep bringing this up, but it's one of the things that i simply can not understand - The SCAR-H. From the very first day it came it has been bugged and it's still suffering from the same bugs up to this day, but it's almost a mystery. You see at some point the weapon actually worked as intended, all the bugs were fixed. Then a new patch comes out and surprise the weapon suffers from the same bugs it had before. Why is this happening? How can a bug, that was fixed make it's way back in to the game this frequently? It's almost like somebody of the devs is deliberately trying to sabotage the development which would be absurd, right? Right? 

 

My biggest concern for the games future right now is the reply of this topic:

On 3/11/2020 at 9:37 AM, Rozmo said:

Developers are working every day to bring 1.0 closer to release and you guys will be surprised how many cool things are planned to come with 1.0 and after that.

Thinking of the HUD again. Nobody knew it was coming, nobody likes it and it was announced with a big bang. Is this the type of cool new things that are planned? If so then shoot me. But what do we know. There is no Information about it anywhere. Santa is bringing you gifts. Will it be coal or a present? You won't know until he's there. That's the lack of communication I'm talking about. 

 

 

PS: One reason i stopped visiting this forum frequently and posting feedbacks is because of one specific user, that has been verbally attacking people in almost every other post since 2 years. I can not understand how he is not banned yet, that's just unbelievable to me. 

His words:

"talking about bunch of blind noobs who can't see "Early Access" and few more words"

"Let me guess: u r relatively new to WW3, right?"

 

It might sound harmless at first, but if every other player gets called a noob or inexperienced and at the same time devs say "We have the best community here - blah blah" then i can't help but laugh and take nothing serious that they say. I can guarantee you, that most people will know which person i was talking about. Changing constructive feedback for that seems to be the way to go. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, PointShootAction said:

That wasnt directed to you im saying people blaming other for not playing isnt the best thing to do looking at the state the games in. As for BFV they have a game mode thats similar with the same name.

Criticism is needed where it is, but when its shrugged off thats a bit of a thing to worry about for a "passion project". 

There are better studios with less people that make games that perform better 🤷‍♂️. Yes at this moment it certainly does seem that the game is a success and if you would rather have a developer that makes mistakes 10/10 then hey, that's cool but i guess dont expect the game to do well then right? So yes since money is asked for a product it should be more functional and stable than what is currently available.  Hence why people aren't playing it and they do get outraged. Look at "gameplay" trailers for the game it seems much smoother/looks better than the actual game.

But regardless of that, what did push me away is the lack of passion. The meh attitude, the lack of direction the game seems to have, some of the things teased which have been seemingly forgotten about, and lastly the feeling that the game was already put down a path regardless of community feedback. 

And for some reason I think others have moved on due to this if not other reasons whatever they may be. Judging from the steam charts.

Yeah I also thought naming it Breakthrough was a bit odd. I'm also not keen on small player count modes, but I'll reserve judgement for when I actually play it.

Stability does seem to be a consistent issue players have, and yeah there's not really a good excuse for that. As I've said before here, if you're going to ask people to play the game, it needs to be playable. There's a certain amount of instability understanding for EA, but even I'd admit of all the EA games I've played, WW3 crashed the most (though my in-game performance was always very solid).

But the devs have not shrugged off this feedback. They're aware of these issues, more so than we are because they have analytics to track them. I recall several months ago one of the devs did talk about stability and UE, something about WW3's memory usage/management and the fact that serious optimization would have to wait until nearer to release.

My hope is that TF51 have decided/realized the super interactive EA thing wasn't working for them. So they're hopefully just making the game how they want to make it, and not including the community as much. Is that good for players right now? No, it feels like they went from being active to inactive on the game's development. But my hope is that they knowingly decided to step back from interactivity, even though they knew it would piss people off, but it may be what's needed to get the game in shape for an actual release. Though, this is just conjecture. I haven't been active on a consistent basis in a long time.

And most gameplay trailers from any studio are heavily staged/scripted. But in the early days of WW3 on the bigger servers, I definitely had matches that mimic'd the feeling portrayed in those initial gameplay trailers. Actually, I'm rewatching them now and the Gamescom trailer at least does indeed appear to mostly be legitimate gameplay - you can even see the soldier and vehicle movement jankiness if you look closely. The only other trailers I'm seeing look to be obvious CG/in-engine for the most part and they are labeled that way. Fairly honest trailer campaign IMO, compared to AAA devs at least.

Quote

At that time most people were concerned about getting a Server Browser, which kept getting denied. It eventually made it's way in to the game by now, but at the time it came the player base was already that low, that it didn't really matter.

Server browser did come shortly after that IIRC. We asked for a browser for a while, and like you said they kept saying 'not yet,' but then one day they were like 'alright, here's the browser.' It was way earlier than we expected and they clearly did shift development priorities to meet this request. Glad you brought it up because that's another good example.

Not sure what's going on with the SCAR. I was playing when it first released, and it seemed to work fine then. I guess a later patch bugged it somehow? I'm pretty sure it was fine when it first got into the game.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 часов назад, maddinii сказал:

PS: One reason i stopped visiting this forum frequently and posting feedbacks is because of one specific user, that has been verbally attacking people in almost every other post since 2 years. I can not understand how he is not banned yet, that's just unbelievable to me. 

His words:

"talking about bunch of blind noobs who can't see "Early Access" and few more words"

"Let me guess: u r relatively new to WW3, right?"

It's good for u, that u were visiting forum less frequently, because I'm not going to spare ur feelings. After this theme 

there is big fat Noob label near ur name. 

BTW, if u were visiting the forum more frequently u'll know that after migrating to engine v.4.21 that required huge amount of coding, there was regression in some aspects and some old bugs reappeared. Talk about SCAR-H. Ah, and it's working fine by now. I'm running with it. Keep staying in past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thanks for not sparing my feelings. I had to cry after this. The attached post and the fact, that you knew exactly who i meant even without saying a name just proofs my point. You should be banned from the Forums, but obviously they don't care. The Forum doesn't even have a function to ignore people or at least i haven't found it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 минут назад, maddinii сказал:

. You should be banned from the Forums, but obviously they don't care

Nor, do I. Even if i will be banned I still will be able to send reports via form on googledocs.

28 минут назад, maddinii сказал:

The Forum doesn't even have a function to ignore people or at least i haven't found it. 

Thx for prooving my point. Let me help u.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/ignore/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are on that list as the only person since years and i can still see all of your messages so the one who needs help is you. Psychiatric help is what I'm talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked the roadmap for the first time in quite a while. Last time I looked at it, it had fairly different graphics/laid out plans.

I see Recon: Tactical Royale listed. I definitely remember "Recon" being talked about and probably on the original roadmap from long ago, but this "Tactical Royale" component is new, right?

Is this a battle royale mode? If dev time and resources are being dedicated to a battle royale mode, that is very disappointing and it's not something I expected or wanted when I put money down on WW3.


Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it is or I'm in the minority with this view, but I was pretty surprised to see it on the roadmap. Would much prefer the focus to be on Warzone Large and Small and game modes like capture the flag, Rush-like modes, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 минуты назад, DoctorMcBatman сказал:

but this "Tactical Royale" component is new, right

No.

And nobody can say u anything particular because of NDA. BUT, everybody, who had played, says this mode is not ur usual BR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...