nubbits

Environment brightness changes with uncertain cause

image.thumb.jpeg.ce22623172827646605df46c3573061e.jpeg

So sometimes when playing the lighting will abruptly change to this darker setting. This is on the latest version. I'm not sure what triggers it but I've noticed it a couple of times after doing a squad leader spawn, but I'm not quite sure that's it. It also doesn't change it in the settings, the whole brightness setting is calibrated down.

• Like 1

Thank you for pointing this out I have passed this to the QA team. 

Posted (edited)
20.03.2020 в 04:07, nubbits сказал:

So sometimes when playing the lighting will abruptly change to this darker setting. This is on the latest version. I'm not sure what triggers it but I've noticed it a couple of times after doing a squad leader spawn, but I'm not quite sure that's it. It also doesn't change it in the settings, the whole brightness setting is calibrated down.

24.03.2020 в 14:32, Rozmo сказал:

Thank you for pointing this out I have passed this to the QA team. 

I think I've occasionally found what causes it. I've picked enemy's SCAR-H with thermal scope. When I was killed when ADS with it and spawned later with my kit everything was much darker.

So, next few rounds I was dying and dying when ADS with newly attached thermal scope. But no, game didn't want to become darker, no matter how many times I've died. Disappointed I've spawned with my usual TDM kit and voila, game was dark.

So, seemingly, u need to die when ADS with thermal scope and then spawn with another kit that doesn't have thermal scope attached and u'll have ur game dark.

IF later u will spawn with weapon that has thermal scopes - brightness will be become normal.

Game v.81881. Actual for all modes. This is how it looks like. The same point. See the difference in brightness.

darkening.gif.29090d6ec37f18a50cc09dca00f9e7f1.gif

When playing with normal brightness and leaving ADS stance with thermal scope u can see that next sec brightness is increasing and becomes normal. But when u r switching after death to another kit that doesn't have thermal scope attached something is breaking there it seems.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

Thanks, that's exactly the bug. I was playing around the other day and thought this could be it but wasn't sure

I assume everything is related to eye adaptation which is post processing. This will be tweaked and fixed. I will check if this is already fixed in the internal tests.