Dunabar

[Weapon] Weapons that could enhance WW3 - Pistols | MR73

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks

Time for another "Weapons that could enhance WW3" and this time around I figured I would cover one more Revolver before looking into some non-Revolvers. But, importantly I wanted to find something from France as the French currently don't have any weapon representation in the game. Well, what better French "Revolver" than the most highly regarded one around, the MR73? That and I also needed a little break from trying to think up suggestions for the WW3 Metagame...Seriously the WW3 Metagame suggestion stuff is currently kicking my backside...But, anyways!

If you wish to read other Suggestion posts I have made, click the link below. Otherwise, lets get started with the MR73

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - The MR73 - Real life information behind the MR73.
  • Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons - Comparing stats between current in-game Pistols and suggested Pistols with the MR73.
  • Section 3 - Special Features - Special features I think the MR73 should have.
  • Section 4 - Customization - Customization options I think the MR73 should have.

----

Section 1 - MR73

250px-Flag_of_France_svg.png.0636650d9570535d6e21d07d29657232.png

39m2FKz.thumb.png.2ca5ffa768e90d5e1208ff29ea17dfe1.pngmaxresdefault.jpg

Introduction & Demonstration Videos of the MR73.

Extra Information sources.

The Manurhin MR73 combat revolver was designed by the Manurhin company in 1973 and currently stands as one of, if not the single most highly regarded Revolver in the world. This is do in part to the fact that the company designed the MR73 around a list of demands put forward by GIGN (or maybe the French Gendarmerie.) One of those particular demands was that the gun needed to be able to withstand having 100 or more rounds of full power .357 magnum, fired out of it every day, for the entire life span of the Revolver. This was achieved with the Revolver barrel being created through a cold hammering process which not only gave the barrels much more notable longevity in their use, it also made the Resolver exceedingly more accurate as well, and in GIGN's line of work accuracy is key to getting the job done right. Though the MR73 is primarily seen now as a ceremonial revolver of GIGN, the weapon hasn't actually been officially retired, and given the amount of freedom of weapon choice GIGN operators have...the weapon is very likely to never officially retire till it simply cannot keep up with the times anymore and even at that point the weapon will probably still be held as a ceremonial weapon.

So if the gun was to be added to the game, what playstyle would the gun favor, and most importantly where exactly would it stand when compared to the other Handguns?

----

Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons

In terms of playstyle, the MR73 without a doubt needs to favor players that are precision shooters, not players that like to put large volumes of lead into the air. Featuring high accuracy, damage, and modest recoil. But, at the cost of being slightly heavier than the average pistol (mainly for balance reasons), slightly slower rate of fire than average, and slower than average reload speed.

Now, lets move on to comparing possible stats of the MR73 vs. the other Pistols. Any gun with (S) before it's name is a gun I have suggest that isn't actually in the game and like always the color coding works as shown below.

• Green - The gun is better compared to this weapon's stats on the list.
  • Yellow - The gun is equal or competitive compared to this weapon's stats on the list.
  • Red - The gun is worse compared to this weapon's stats on the list.

Please note:  I cannot test these stats to confirm balance, so think of these as more of a proposed starting place for testing on the PTE, and I'm comparing the stats of the weapons from a stock design against another stock design without taking customization into consideration. This is primarily to help keep the post small and avoid making a massive amount of variables to take into consideration.

MR73 proposed and compared stats.

• MR73 Effective ranges: 25m (46 damage.) Damage decreases at 26m - 135m (30 damage)
    • G17: 60m (29 damage.) Damage decreases at 75m - 135m (20 damage)
    • Ragun: 60m (29 damage.) Damage decreases at 75m - 135m (20 damage)
    • Lebedev: 60m (31 damage.) Damage decreases at 75m - 135m (27 damage)
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 15m (36 damage.) Damage decreases at 16m - 135m (18 damage)
    • (S) VP70M: 30m (29 damage.) Damage decreases at 31m - 135m (20 damage)
  • MR73 Weight: 3.10
    • G17: 1,33
    • Ragun: 1.55
    • Lebedev: 2.35
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 2.00
    • (S) VP70M: 1.80
  • MR73 Recoil: 0.55
    • G17: 0.95
    • Ragun: 1.0
    • Lebedev: 1.1
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 0.55
    • (S) VP70M: 0.75
  • MR73 Spread: 0.2
    • G17: 0.3
    • Ragun: 0.2
    • Lebedev: 0.25
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 0.36
    • (S) VP70M: 0.3
  • MR73 Reload time: 3.2 Seconds
    • G17: 2.6 Seconds
    • Ragun: 2.6 Seconds
    • Lebedev: 2.6 Seconds
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 3.6 Seconds
    • (S) VP70M: 3.6 Seconds
  • MR73 Rate of Fire: Depends on the Shooter
    • G17: 600
    • Ragun: 600
    • Lebedev: 600
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: Depends on the Shooter
    • (S) VP70M: 450 (Semi) / 2000 (Burst)
  • MR73 Caliber: .357 Magnum
    • G17: 9x19mm Parabellum
    • Ragun: 9x19mm Parabellum
    • Lebedev: 9x18mm Makarov
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 7.62x42mm SP-4
    • (S) VP70M: 9x19mm Parabellum
  • MR73 Muzzle Velocity: 674 m/s
    • G17: 375 m/s
    • Ragun: 360 m/s
    • Lebedev: 319 m/s
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: 300 m/s
    • (S) VP70M: 274 m/s
  • MR73 Bullets to Kill: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 8 / STL: 12
    • G17: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 11 / STL: 15
    • Ragun: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 11 / STL: 15
    • Lebedev: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 10 / STL: 14
    • (S) OTs-38 Stechkin: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 8 / STL: 12
    • (S) VP70M: HDPE: 6 / PTLN: 7 / Cer: 11 / STL: 15

With this out of the way we move on to special features which we have a little to work with.

----

Section 3 - Special Features

• Short, Medium, & Long Barrel Options - The MR37 should have access to all three types of barrels with the Medium barrel being the Stock barrel.
  • MR73 2.5x Scope - The "Sniper Scope" of the MR73 and it should require the Long Barrel to be attached in order to be equipped.
  • MR73 Bipod - The Bipod of the MR73 and it should require the Long Barrel to be attached in order to be equipped.
  • No Muzzle Options - Self explained and mainly for balance.
  • No "Magazine" Options - It's a Revolver...A Speed Loader maybe, but no increased "magazines." WW3 isn't an Old Cowboy Show/Movie after all.
  • One Hit Headshot (Added suggestion from @nubbits)- If a player is able to land a Headshot against someone with a Level II Helmet or without a Level II helmet, it should result in a instant kill.

----

Section 4 - Customization

Now this part will be rather quick since I don't plan to go over stats or anything like that. Just a quick mention of what customization options the MR73 should and should not have access to in my opinion,

• Primary Sights
    • All Pistol Options
  • Barrels
    • Long Barrel
    • Medium Barrel (Stock)
    • Short Barrel
  • Muzzles
    • None
  • Side
    • All Pistol Options
  • Magazines
    • 6 Rounds
  • Ammunition
    • All (Gun) Ammunition Types optional

As for cosmetic bodyparts, maybe some Developer creative made grips. But, it's a Revolver and there isn't really a lot you can do with a Revolver in terms of making it look really unique without performance changes, especially a slightly older revolver like the MR73.

And with that this brings the post an end. I hope everyone likes my suggestion for the MR73, or at least the general idea of it even if not exactly what I'm suggesting. I have a feeling the Devs have already looked or possibly added this weapon to their "Secret Developers list of Guns to add." But, all the same I wanted to put it forward "just in case" sort of speak and really France could use a little more representation beyond some Voice. Emblems. & Uniform. Plus the Community really wants a Revolver, this thing would ideally pack a big punch compared to other sidearms, and People can meme with it if they wish to attempt to use it as a Sniper Pistol. Anyways, I'm dog tired and need to get some sleep. After some rest I will look into making fixes, corrections, and all that jazz. For now though, sleeeeep. But, till the next suggestion post...

Have a good one folks!

Edited by Dunabar
Update to Headshot special feature
  • Like 4

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Love, when pistol power is based on kinetic energy (like this). Not like BF pistols, are more powerful, than AR.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Like 1

Pretty sure 9mm from SIG deals over 90 damage on unprotected headshot. .357 should be able to penetrate Level 2 helmet as well. It would be cool to see some more "high skill" (high risk high reward) weapons in game.

34 minutes ago, nubbits said:

Pretty sure 9mm from SIG deals over 90 damage on unprotected headshot. .357 should be able to penetrate Level 2 helmet as well. It would be cool to see some more "high skill" (high risk high reward) weapons in game.

I did some research and found that a Level 2 Ballistic helmet can stop a .357 Magnum JSP (Soft point), but a JSP is not a FMJ. So, I will go ahead and update that part of the post. 👍

I usually like your suggestions, but I don't think a handcannon would fit in this game

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

I usually like your suggestions, but I don't think a handcannon would fit in this game

Sure it does, just need to find the right holster. ;)

Though fun fact; the RSh-12 has been spotted in the datamined files and well..It's a Handcannon from Russia.

20190609205540!RSh-12.jpg

But, like anything datamined, it's a matter of; is it true or a ultimately scrapped weapon?

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1

This should be awesome specially if you could use it as a sniper with the scope and bipod I really hope they add a revolver as long as it doesn’t have a firing delay like in the new cod or in csgo.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:11 AM, Matt_dOvale said:

A hand cannon ALWAYS fit in a game I mean how could you not like it? 

Posted (edited)