Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

[gameplay][mechanic] heart rate

Hey guys,

I am aware of the fact that there may be many people out there who may not like the idea of this feature but I think it could fix some issues with WW3's combat.

The idea I'm suggesting is to have a heart rate for your soldier. Engaging in more physical activity would increase the heart rate and staying still would decrease it.

Having a higher heart rate both increases your scope sway and randomness of fire when shooting.

The idea behind this mechanic is to make sprinting across the map and taking people out with a long barrelled rifle a less viable playstyle as it would be harder to shoot accurately at longer ranges after having sprinted across a large section of the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heartrate should also increase when being shot at.

Weapon sway should be less noticable with bipods but still increase with the heartrate.

Tbh it sounds the same as a regular fatigue mechanic, but with my aforementioned addition it could maybe save some time and resources with coding the game. Since 2 mechanics (suppression and fatigue) could be bundled into one.

• Like 1

Isn't something like this already implemented? I.e. the hidden adrenaline mechanic. I am pretty sure it works somewhat similar to what you suggest in how it works, but it has different effects if I recall correctly. Either way gave it an upvote!

Sounds like the stamina and the suppression mechanics in insurgency sandstorm  except it also effects bullet spread (in sandstorm it effects sway only) I’m kinda indifferent to this besides it effecting bullet spread maybe while hip firing but when ads with a long barreled rifle or dmr the bullets should go where I’m aiming

10 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Sounds like the stamina and the suppression mechanics in insurgency sandstorm  except it also effects bullet spread (in sandstorm it effects sway only) I’m kinda indifferent to this besides it effecting bullet spread maybe while hip firing but when ads with a long barreled rifle or dmr the bullets should go where I’m aiming

What I'm suggesting is an increase in reticle sway so that it is more difficult to stop in the middle of the map and quickscope a guy. If that's how the rest of the community wants to play that's okay this is just my view.

To clarify, rather than you aiming at something and the bullet going in a different direction, the reticle would just move a lot more ,making it more difficult to aim over your target in the first place.

Posted (edited)

Yeah and add a noise and visibility indicator ...so that you can better sneak past that Robos.....??? Ohh damn wrong Forum maybe wrong game.

Is this not Generation Zero survial game?

2 things to do FIX/IMPROVE NETCODE ...GET RID OF THE HIGH PINGER BULLSHIT

because this is anoying as F...

grafik.thumb.png.a902a66d041a6f9966df34ab9f0883cd.png

btw. i dont use reticle

Edited by Enigma

On 4/2/2020 at 8:19 PM, Enigma said:

Yeah and add a noise and visibility indicator ...so that you can better sneak past that Robos.....??? Ohh damn wrong Forum maybe wrong game.

Is this not Generation Zero survial game?

2 things to do FIX/IMPROVE NETCODE ...GET RID OF THE HIGH PINGER BULLSHIT

because this is anoying as F...

grafik.thumb.png.a902a66d041a6f9966df34ab9f0883cd.png

btw. i dont use reticle

Look mate you make a fair point, I was making a suggestion and am happy to see it used or thrown away. I live in Sydney and get about 50 ping to the Sydney servers that no one is on, so I usually have to play at ~180 for the Western US servers and somewhere around 300 for Europe, Asia and East US servers. I don't want to play high ping, it just happens to be that way.

• Like 1

The idea is good i upvote for it of course but i hope this is not on front of the line - performance problems should be on 1st in the list i live on europe and im not happy with the game performance :)  !