tynblpb

[Weapon][Feature] Let's do something about RPG.

Question

Posted (edited)

Current RPG with grenade that has handgun's bullet ballistics, zero spread and high projectile speed is kinda overbuffed. Yes, the amount of grenades u can carry was reduced, but it didn't rly help. 

With x4-x8 scopes it's infantry who is hunting the tanks/AFVs/APCs not vice versa. And there is that moment that it's nearly impossible to realise from where did that grenade go before hitting u. Why? Because even though shot smoke and grenade smoke trace have been added:

1) shot smoke is small and is fainting in 0.5 sec. So, if enemy was not in front of u - u'll never realise where is shooters position.

2) grenade flying speed is too high and trace smoke is weak to, so is it there or not - doesn't matter.

Look at the gif below. It's slowed down and the sky is on the background to make it more visible.  Believe me or not, but non-silenced G29's shot is much more easy to spot than guy with RPG.

rpgshot.gif.2e1e118533fb22df21f17293094fb517.gif

How do u like this smoke cloud of the spent propellant near the RPG tube? Rly impressive, right? IMO it must look like the scaled down tankshot that is looking like this.

tankshot.gif.6b7f81afca59588b863b9c54c58c7a3a.gif

So, the idea is to scale up the effect of the after shot smoke in front of the shooter. Make it bigger and thicker and make it so it will last for 2-3(TBD) secs at least. It'll block the vision of the shooter and simultaneously expose his position. So if the shooter will not change his position, decent driver will make him regret it. And then there will be less RPG spam.

Next idea was already suggested by someone, but I'll repeat it: make Tandem grenade's trajectory drop same as it was in pre-0.5 patches(x2 more than it is now).

Another idea was suggested too, but I'll repeat it too: make that RPG grenades will no be refilled from equipment pack as the "clip" of 2(3). Currently u can refill all ur RPG ammo in less than 2 secs and it'll cost u only 1/2 of ur dropped pack. So, 1 pack can give u up to 6 grenades. Make so that grenades will be refilled 1 by 1. It'll reduce spam dramatically.

And finally. @Rozmo, can u plz check was it fixed or not in new movement/animation and if not count plz this as the bugreport. Current reload time between different types of RPG ammo is ~1.5 times less than when reloading the singlestage grenades. For example Tandem to SingleStage or viceversa. U can do 2 consecutive shot in 2 secs. And then 3rd a little more than 3 secs later. As it is on the gif below. Again, do u see that aftershot tube smoke cloud? It's so faint that it rly doesn't matter is it there or not.

rpgshot2.gif.8c6b00ba73fd56d46f7b05744f129d8d.gif

If u in advance have loaded tandem grenade then the moment for example Bumerang will show u its side - it'll be destroyed in 2 seconds. I'll remind that default vehicles have no defense modules. Same with T-72/Leo. Default T-72/Leo will be dead the moment it'll show its back. With its both turret and overall pivot speed default tank simply has no chances. And with RPG's accuracy and projectile speed there is rly no need to use scopes on short-mid distances.

All in all, I'll be pretty much satisfied if the increased and thickened shot smoke in front of shooter will be added.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

9 answers to this question

RPG should also have a higher curve effect when in motion. It's just crazy powerful right now.

11 hours ago, nubbits said:

RPG should also have a higher curve effect when in motion. It's just crazy powerful right now.

At least double the ~bullet~ drop. I could live with less RPGs sniping from 150 meters

Posted (edited)

ÄÄÄHM really more bullet drop?? and  make it slower... (it feels like back in bf2 where ppl cry that you can throw C4 and Devs fixed it by disable throw C4)

WTF ...RPG does this mean Role Playing Game or Rocket-propelled grenade?? To me it is absoloute perfect!!!

That thing goes straight on the first 350m not in a hugh curve.

or as you can see here they over shot the target

Edited by Enigma

@Enigma It's a game, I don't want this for realism purposes. I rather want this for balancing purposes.

Spoiler

Also, this is what an official RPG scope looks like: the rocket DOES move in a curve, Tandem rounds even drop harder than HE and frag rounds.

RPG PGO-7 Cheat Sheet : joinsquad(credit: u/stevenalmig)Original Russian Rpg-7 Scope Sight And Mount For Sale at ...

• Like 1

Just now, Matt_dOvale said:

@Enigma It's a game, I don't want this for realism purposes. I rather want this for balancing purposes.

Hide contents

Also, this is what an official RPG scope looks like: the rocket DOES move in a curve, Tandem rounds even drop harder than HE and frag rounds.

RPG PGO-7 Cheat Sheet : joinsquad(credit: u/stevenalmig)Original Russian Rpg-7 Scope Sight And Mount For Sale at ...

Oh i thought this will be a Military Sim Game like ARMA or AA. Not another Bf or CoD??

WOW but Yeah the real targeting scope would be AWESOME...my father in law shot it because he was in National Peoples Army.

Shooting it was different than expected as he told me how to

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

WOW but Yeah the real targeting scope would be AWESOME

It's inplemented in Squad and it's super satisfying if you hit a target at 100+ meters. Especially if it's moving.

2 часа назад, Enigma сказал:

Oh i thought this will be a Military Sim Game like ARMA or AA. Not another Bf or CoD??

It will be something between. But at the moment we have COD. Really COD with useless body armor, absurdly high sway and motorbike movement speed.

The main problem of  imba  RPG is too fast reloading time combined with too fast aiming time. Ofc, if u brainlessly drive APC into enemy positions, u'll be killed with 2 tandem shots in your back, and it's quite fair. But at the moment, killing APC with RPG is easier, than killing infantry with small arms. I wrote many times, that AOE of tank and AFV rounds should be increased. Especially, for 120 mm tank gun.

3 hours ago, Matt_dOvale said:

It's inplemented in Squad and it's super satisfying if you hit a target at 100+ meters. Especially if it's moving.

The one you posted loks like from good old Project reality 🤪

Posted (edited)

This is how I want it to look like.

Edited by tynblpb