tynblpb

My.Games and WW3.

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Devs say that WHAT will WW3 be as a game is still for them to decide and My.Games will not interfere with the development process, so let us keep calm and wait.

I hope so much your right... Just confusing what they did

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 5:39 PM, tynblpb said:

I do love WW3. But there are chances that I would not be able to do it when it will be [WW3+Mail.ru]. 

Damn, that must be really hard stuff if even you have something to worry about. 

Also, do anyone else think it is kind of fishy that they pull it off from steam for now?

Edited by PartTimeAHole

18 minutes ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Also, do anyone else think it is kind of fishy that they pull it off from steam for now?

Not really, the game is just becoming a closed beta and is getting ready for a second (hopefully better) launch.

I don't know why they did this without asking us (referendum).

We are the ones who funded and backed this game, we are the only reason they've gone this far.

Yet they take one of the harshest decision without telling us or getting our feedback. I thought early access was meant to build a game together, so us players, and devs could create the game we wanted.

That's a fold for me sorry.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, JiggyJinjo said:

I don't know why they did this without asking us (referendum).

We are the ones who funded and backed this game, we are the only reason they've gone this far.

We are not entitled to anything. All we are are testers for the game.

They had investors, even without us they would continue development. They know what's best for their company. This decision has not been made on a whim, I'm sure they have thought long and hard on these types of decisions.

I'm sorry but you are behaving like a Karen right now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

We are not entitled to anything. All we are are testers for the game.

They had investors, even without us they would continue development. They know what's best for their company. This decision has not been made on a whim, I'm sure they have thought long and hard on these types of decisions.

I'm sorry but you are behaving like a Karen right now.

I don't know if you read what was said well but let me clarify :

They are removing the EA from the store on Steam which means the title is a "failed EA" as in "removed before finished" and it may never ever be released on Steam. If so, we no longer are the "testers" as you said as they would no longer have anything to do with us (the EA would be done for).

However, what I think is happening is that they will move out of Steam and on MY.Games launcher or another one. As Youtubers or other people said, the game has always struggled with player count and a go at F2P may be coming up (and it's the speciality of My.Games). The fact that the cosmetics given to EA buyers are not "exclusive" or "unique" but "valuable" indicates that the full game may have paid cosmetics. an F2P game with paid cosmetics is smart and classic, no one here wants a P2W game but sadly, My.Games do love them.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JiggyJinjo said:

I don't know if you read what was said well but let me clarify :

They are removing the EA from the store on Steam which means the title is a "failed EA" as in "removed before finished" and it may never ever be released on Steam. If so, we no longer are the "testers" as you said as they would no longer have anything to do with us (the EA would be done for).

However, what I think is happening is that they will move out of Steam and on MY.Games launcher or another one. As Youtubers or other people said, the game has always struggled with player count and a go at F2P may be coming up (and it's the speciality of My.Games). The fact that the cosmetics given to EA buyers are not "exclusive" or "unique" but "valuable" indicates that the full game may have paid cosmetics. an F2P game with paid cosmetics is smart and classic, no one here wants a P2W game but sadly, My.Games do love them.

As you said before they should/could have ask the Hardcore Fans with 1400H!?! I also would like to know WHY MY.GAMES?

I guess maybe MY.Games where the only one who where interested to buy a game with a player base around 70 people?? 

So i think there will be maybe one more update/Patch (Movementsystem) and then...

I think My.Games  will take over full control of the game and make a F2P game. Like Warface of it with extra contend you can buy now when you play it on your mobile phone or Tablet 😜

I have seen this happen to other real good Studios in the past

It seems like F51 they are smart enuff to sell it before it is absolute dead and nothing worth. 🤣

ComplexColorfulAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

• Thanks 1

First they say the game will be free to play

Then they say it won't be

Not even TF51 is able to decide

February 2017

World War III is a free-to-play project currently in development planned for 2018. WW3 is
developed as AAA mainstream action game based on Unreal 4 engine. It will feature unique
gameplay depicting world wide global conflict with real locations like Berlin, London and many
more.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5818f9ee197aea1a94c86541/t/58fbd6c215d5db9d329ea3c1/1492899533717/F51.pdf

December 2018

Lemme jump in for a bit, as I think I might shed some light on the situation.

We're not really planning what to do with micritransactions right now. We have a vague plan on possibly selling camo patterns and visual customization items and we had this plan even sine we decided to not make WW3 a F2P game. This decision was done mostly because we kept having to design around it and it was not going to result in a balanced game - so we scrapped this idea and went with a half price model with additional gameplay content available for everyone.

This approach is very player-friendly, but at the same time, keeping the company up is very costly, server cost is marginal compared to salaries for ~60 people (do the math yourself how much each month goes out in salaries). Then there's the cost of software, building upkeep and so on, so we need to make money somehow to stay afloat after everyone has bought WW3 and is only playing.

This is where a fair and balanced microtransaction model could come in. We want to keep working on this game for a long time and keep adding new stuff and supporting it. As we said, we don't want to sell items or gameplay elements, but when it comes to cosmetics - they don't change gameplay (we keep all skins mostly realistic and subdued, so there's no bright pink 'funny' stuff).

I'd also like to ask for your opinion on an option for unlocking everything for people that don't want to take part in the grind. I myself don't have much time to play and for me the unlocks will take a lot of time, especially if we start to add new stuff. For me getting everything unlocked forever is a good way of keeping me in the game- but what's your opinion?

• Thanks 2

chill out guys, i think we all are overreacting here - we imagined thats its going to be f2p and now think that it already happened. I know that my.games doesnt have any positive examples of games, but lets hope ww3 will be the first one, just wait and see what will happen. Maybe everything is not so bad as we think it is, anyway we cant do anything here - we are not the ones who decide here

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!! Woe is me. Not! This is a good game and the devs have always been trustworthy. Ill just stick with what they have put out about the future of this game which is all positive. 

• Haha 1

COOL! I like trustworthy people 🤪

Will we all get a chargeback when its free to play then? I mean i could spend the 25bucks on Squad then 😋

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Will we all get a chargeback when its free to play then?

no, you`ll get "unique" beta-tester badge and fortnite-ish skins for 25 bucks :P

• Haha 3

On 4/30/2020 at 2:41 PM, JiggyJinjo said:

and it may never ever be released on Steam. If so, we no longer are the "testers" as you said as they would no longer have anything to do with us (the EA would be done for).

Wrong, Ajem confirmed the game will not be pulled from Steam. You are simply not able to purchase the game before the 1.0 release.

2 часа назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Wrong, Ajem confirmed the game will not be pulled from Steam. You are simply not able to purchase the game before the 1.0 release.

And here are ppl who are waiting for new movement patch to see it and mb buy game. But it can not be bought!🤣 Suck it, losers, who don't own the WW3!🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

And here are ppl who are waiting for new movement patch to see it and mb buy game. But it can not be bought!🤣 Suck it, losers, who don't own the WW3!🤪

Yeah that might be a misplay on F51's part.

But nothing of value is lost, they'll just have to wait a little longer

• Like 1

I think the pandemic has really pressed TF51. I've also seen that some people are open to free-to-play simply because it would bump up the player count which is understandable.

I do feel disappointed but I have little experience with My.Games, so I would at least prefer to express some solidarity. Players can make their own Battlefield clone but developing games does take quite a lot of skill and people paid for a Battlefield killer that was more ethical unto the consumer too (I am someone that hates how Battlefield distributes in content, all with a price tag in addition to the base game).

I simply quit after getting used to Sandstorm's far more consistent frame rate, but even that game has me pissed off for balancing reasons (Insurgents were pretty much designed to lose in the game, even if unintentional). I also strongly want a Call of Duty and/or Battlefield alternative still. May give this game another shot later but if it disappoints me I won't get invested in it for longer.

Posted (edited)

They told us the game was fully funded before release and that they could have completed development through to the end without early access funding.
Then on top of that they boasted incredible sells of the game that were never reflected in actual in game players.
Those incredible sells were followed with a claim that in quarter one, the early access portion of the game cleared over $3,000,000 in revenue. Now if the claim that the game was completely funded before hitting early access was true, this revenue is really just profit.

Yet here we are - 6 months passed due from their optimistic deadline and 4 months passed due on their conservative deadline, with news that they've gone to my.games for funding....

It's been suspicious for a long while now and I doubt that any form of development driven by player feedback was an actual objective passed the 0.3 update. 

Edited by @PRUNKgaming
Clarity and misquote
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rodrigofarias said:
Still no news?

wait 6 more months till next news come out)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Atway said:

true xd 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atway said:

It looks like something has gone wrong in the game's development.

I find it very strange that the developer goes so long without saying anything

To me this means the game is lost entirely. I have played games from My.games before and they were pay 2 win. Not just a bit like buy a new weapon that is 1% more effective, but by a massive amount: for example getting Levels, Experience, Super weapons, Armor Sets, all that kind of stuff was only available trough in-game store with ridiculous prices. I quickly stopped playing Skyforge years ago. 

The Farm 51 already has a bad reputation, especially due to the lack of communication and now they are collaborating with a company that shares an even worse reputation? I have absolutely no doubt, that soon you will see Micro Transactions etc. First in a small scale to make you think "Hmm it's not so bad" and then they'll push an update for ridiculous prices. That's how it works. They had a chance and they messed up. Putting more money in to this won't change anything, especially after My.games is on board. Worst decision they could have made

I have been around since the initial launch and now finally i can say: This game has no future. I liked the game like many others, but it is naive to thing this will save the game. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maddinii said:

To me this means the game is lost entirely. I have played games from My.games before and they were pay 2 win. Not just a bit like buy a new weapon that is 1% more effective, but by a massive amount: for example getting Levels, Experience, Super weapons, Armor Sets, all that kind of stuff was only available trough in-game store with ridiculous prices. I quickly stopped playing Skyforge years ago. 

The Farm 51 already has a bad reputation, especially due to the lack of communication and now they are collaborating with a company that shares an even worse reputation? I have absolutely no doubt, that soon you will see Micro Transactions etc. First in a small scale to make you think "Hmm it's not so bad" and then they'll push an update for ridiculous prices. That's how it works. They had a chance and they messed up. Putting more money in to this won't change anything, especially after My.games is on board. Worst decision they could have made

I have been around since the initial launch and now finally i can say: This game has no future. I liked the game like many others, but it is naive to thing this will save the game. 

Exact
The point is just that, saving the game.
Making the game free is not a problem for me, but it is not a guarantee that it will save the game.

Since 2019, the community in the Steam forums makes 2 requests constantly:
1- BOTs
2- Be free
And apparently they will leave the game for free.

But what would save the game?
Look at the evolution of No Man's Sky.
WW3 has a bug that was reported in version 0.4

Why does WW3 communication take so long to bring news?

My guess, either parts of the team are changing for whatever reason (i.e. several plausible reasons out there) or just a lack of professionalism. As long as it was a small independent studio the communication was awful but one could look over it perhaps. No longer the case.

9 часов назад, rodrigofarias сказал:

Exact
The point is just that, saving the game.
Making the game free is not a problem for me, but it is not a guarantee that it will save the game.

Since 2019, the community in the Steam forums makes 2 requests constantly:
1- BOTs
2- Be free
And apparently they will leave the game for free.

But what would save the game?
Look at the evolution of No Man's Sky.
WW3 has a bug that was reported in version 0.4

Why does WW3 communication take so long to bring news?

Bots is worst idea in every games. Stupid manekens, which spoil the game.

• Like 2