tynblpb

My.Games and WW3.

40 minutes ago, ೞoℓf✌ said:

Bots is worst idea in every games. Stupid manekens, which spoil the game.

No, just no. Singleplayer Bots are optional. If you don't want them don't play singleplayer. Thanks to bots you can still enjoy some older shooters like BF 2, can you say the same about WW3 once it will go offline?

If u speaking about singleplayer game this is a completely different story. I played BF 1942 like singleplayer with bots. Cos i don`t have Internet in 2003.
WW3 don`t need offline mode.  
If the game dies, it must be released to rest, and not scoff at the corpse. No one in a healthy mind will play offline mode with bots in ww3 when there is a thoughtful offline mode in bf and cod. 
If u speaking about adding bots in online session to replace empty cells - I say definitely not. They act like mannequins. 

• Like 2

A thought occurred to me. https://store.my.games/app/2573 "Heroes and generals"  The game is present in both steam and my.games and mail.ru games

https://heroesandgenerals.com/2020/01/
https://store.my.games/app/2573
https://games.mail.ru/play/game/heroes_and_generals/

Looks like it have only one main forum
There is no impact on development by the partner. They do advertising and that’s it.

Edited by ೞoℓf✌

38 минут назад, ೞoℓf✌ сказал:

A thought occurred to me. https://store.my.games/app/2573 "Heroes and generals"  The game is present in both steam and my.games and mail.ru games

There is no impact on development by the partner. They do advertising and that’s it.

@Atway, I summon u! I know that u were streaming/observing H&G. 

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tynblpb said:

@Atway, I summon u! I know that u were streaming/observing H&G. 

yep. thats right, H&G is available in various launchers: steam, mail ru, some other "local" lauchers and as standalone client. AFAIK there is no impact on development from mail ru side

7 hours ago, ೞoℓf✌ said:

I played this game a while ago

I remember that the game forced you to do certain things (choose your weapon and class, even if there are others), it has character classes that were paid, the main screen was very polluted to buy THOUSANDS of items and you couldn't start playing online he was forced to start with BOTs.
Overall, it looked like a P2W game from a cell phone ported to a PC.

All that I said may have changed, I played a long time ago.

Edited by rodrigofarias

Was busy playing during the AMA time so I've read it postfactum. Continuing my thoughts from 1st post.

So, main question was will WW3 go F2P or not. And reading these 3 quotes (under the spoiler) where a) it was not denied that game will be F2P; and b) "veterans" will be bestowed with many cool things(to "compensate" money spent on purchasing game during EA stage?) I presume that even if it's not decided yet, devs are more or less leaning towards the idea of F2P or something like this. 

Скрытый текст
Цитата

MY.GAMES do F2P projects. WW3 will become F2P with microtransactions? Who will observe microtransaction. Do the decisions remain with the F51? Or will the publisher dictate pricing? Will prices be regional?
Curtainman: The details of the distribution model will be revealed later in 2020. However it’s important to mention that F51 will have full control over development process and the vision for World War 3. Additionally, in any case, we are not going to introduce pay2win elements to the game and we’re adamant in this decision already.

Цитата

If people bought your game via Steam in an Early Access Phase for 99pln, what will they get when the game goes f2p and will it be worth the previous price?
Curtainman: You'll definitely keep access to the game and you'll receive rich amount of game's content regardless of our distribution solution that is still to be announced later this year.

Цитата

What will veteran ww3 players receive during final release?
Kamil Bilczynski: All early access players will be recognised as veterans and will receive special gifts when the game launches. Any purchases of in-game content made during the Early Access period will be transferred or refunded as in-game currency as appropriate.

Well, it's not like I'm against F2P games per se, but there is 1 problem. I'm not talking about some ppl who've bought WW3 during EA and will appear with their "F2P?! Give me back my wasted money!", though I'm sure there will be many of them. I'm talking about the WHAT IF situation, IF WW3 will be F2P game and will be monetized via microtransactions and selling cosmetics etc.. If WW3 will be F2P then there will be no problems with online. Well, duh. But problems then will be with quality of population, not quantity. I'm kinda bothered by it. Since I'm russian I can speak freely and nobody can accuse me of being nazist or racist on this particular issue. Okay, here is my prophecy: 

IF there will be F2P distribution model of WW3 there will be rly many russian players in WW3. Nothing wrong with it at first glance, ain't it? The problem is that many of these F2Players(freeloaders) that will choose WW3 for being F2P will not spend money buying in-game stuff. And in the same time it will be most demanding, aggressive, ignorant and impatient part of the players(yes, like me).

Their motto is: U r obliged to please me, just because I'm playing ur game. Or simply "just because".

So, if it isn't decided yet, could u, devs, plz consider setting the price for WW3? Let it be 3-5-10$, let it be even 100 roubles(1.3$), but it will be for the better. I'm sure, players who aren't willing to spend few $ on buying the game, not going to spent them on in-game purchases, especially if it will not grant them gameplay advantage.
I will be happy if I'm wrong, but my experience tells me opposite.

Цитата

With the professional QA team support from my.games can we still have access as players to the PTE environment maybe a bit before launch?, online players always find more bugs than QA teams

[CM] Halth: Players who bought the game will have access to the game during the development so I expect you will be able to be our super wonderful QA 

SO, I  presume as there are now ppl from my My.Games working as QA in addition to TF51's QA team there will be no PTE anymore, and we will "test" only Live patches? Or I'm mistaken and later PTE will be enabled? If not, I'm going to ruin few more matches on live testing the stuff. Not that I rly care about my "team"mates now...

Цитата

Will there be more diversity for character customization?
Kamil Bilczynski: I think today we have a lot of the options for character customization comparing to other fps game ;) But Yes - more operators and outfits will come in future  If you have any suggestions just send us an email what you want 

Diversity... Usually when ppl talk about diversity they mean "female" models. There were few discussions in past.

Well, majority was not enthusiastic about adding female models in WW3. Then there was part about TF51 having limited resources: it'll cost them too much adding female voiceovers for all languages, reworking models etc. Now with My.Games being big company they can "outsource" it. For the "sake of diversity" or to show how modern and keeping up with the flow they are, but it there is the chance that there will be female models in WW3. Dunno why, but many male players choose the female models and then it can be like in BF5 where half of the both teams are running as female. If there will be female models in WW3 could devs plz consider adding 1 special button: Disable Female models? I don't want either hearing/shooting at females on the battlefield.

At first I thought about asking to add for darkskinned model gangsta style pistol grip, but then I'll be for sure labelled as racist.🤣

Скрытый текст

133822d1450428045-lost-sa-gangsta-shooti

For now I'll be waiting for promised info details. As long as PKP and SA80 aren't moved to "tobebought' part of the WW3 everything is fine.😁

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

IF there will be F2P distribution model of WW3 there will be rly many russian players in WW3. Nothing wrong with it at first glance, ain't it? The problem is that many of these F2Players(freeloaders) that will choose WW3 for being F2P will not spend money buying in-game stuff. And in the same time it will be most demanding, aggressive, ignorant and impatient part of the players(yes, like me).

Their motto is: U r obliged to please me, just because I'm playing ur game. Or simply "just because".

So, if it isn't decided yet, could u, devs, plz consider setting the price for WW3? Let it be 3-5-10$, let it be even 100 roubles(1.3$), but it will be for the better. I'm sure, players who aren't willing to spend few $ on buying the game, not going to spent them on in-game purchases, especially if it will not grant them gameplay advantage.
I will be happy if I'm wrong, but my experience tells me opposite.

do u want "warface ru-edition" solution when WF for russians is the completely different game with, as you said, "анальный донат" :D Im pretty sure that ww3 is gonna be f2p soon (well, unfortunately. Hope im wrong) and it thus will attract many aggressive kids not only from Russia.

• Sad 2

27 минут назад, Atway сказал:

do u want "warface ru-edition" solution when WF for russians is the completely different game with, as you said, "анальный донат" :D Im pretty sure that ww3 is gonna be f2p soon (well, unfortunately. Hope im wrong) and it thus will attract many aggressive kids not only from Russia.

Well, if for all others it will be F2P and for russian kids it'll cost their dinner money - I'll be pretty much satisfied. Though media will call devs greedy bastards, if not worse.

The less toxic russian kids in WW3 the better it will be. Me alone is more than enough.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

The less toxic russian kids in WW3 the better it will be. Me alone is more than enough.

nah, kids are always toxic no matter where are they from.

• Like 1

1 час назад, Atway сказал:

nah, kids are always toxic no matter where are they from.

Kids? Did u see vk comments? I`m Яussian. I don`t like ru-community either :S (not racism)

Edited by ೞoℓf✌
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ೞoℓf✌ said:

Kids? Did u see vk comments? I`m Яussian. I don`t like ru-community either :S (not racism)

have you checked FB?)