Enigma

World War 3 any Progress??

As the Title says I would like to hear some news ,and I guess a lot of others too,  WE the players would like to hear anything from the Devs of Farm51 or maybe from MY.GAMES!!!

Please no old copy/paste news... give players who still have confidence in your product and still play it some news for god sake...they deserve it!

Just something like "Yes we are working on movement also performance and the engine...here is some teezer footage....!!! Something like that.

• Like 7

I totally agree I have waited so long for something more. Then a bone gets thrown and now nothing, This is a way to lose players not gain them.

If they don't respond properly  it confirms this project failed then they moved on and scammed us for good and i will uninstall this game for good and i'll never trust any indie EA game ever again !!😡🤬

They have a lot of plans in the future. Take a look at the roadmap. I’m very sure the game has not even completed half of their milestones. Just wait and fret not, this game is not dead.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Percy Fieldsten said:

They have a lot of plans in the future. Take a look at the roadmap. I’m very sure the game has not even completed half of their milestones. Just wait and fret not, this game is not dead.

haha roadmap🤣😂 ...xd plans😂, yeh right its all big talk right now i want confirmation from devs and game is dead why? ave players is 30 its pretty much dead to me and i cant play anymore not cuz of player base noo sir thats another problem its because of poor poor performance 30 fps on very low settings (15 when someone is using a strike) when server has 30 players , in other games i get 120 on Ultra my PC is powerful ,each update is worst then before and how long been since last update??? i cant remember 🤣😂😂 its been too long ive waited since 0.1😡

Edited by Death

I like the game and don't doubt the devs put all they have into it. But the communication with the community which has in large parts already paid and funded the project is just unprofessional and disrespectful. What exactly is the sense of new community managers if they don't manage the community? The last news is one month old and it was a summary of things already known since the announcement of the partnership or even prior.

Before that we had the AMA full of ... non-answers. Empty phrases and promises. Nothing specific, nothing useful, nothing fit for a community which has been patient and loyal for months.

Wasn't the idea of the partnership that F51 can focus on the development process and My.Games takes over the PR department? Where exactly does this show any effect?

The last really new information was given on Christmas. Since then has been any progress made? - no answer but empty promises and phrases.

Has the backend work on the engine and servers provided any benefit we cannot see (because the performance is worse than it was with .6)? - No answer.

Basically any urgent and valid question on the progress of the game is left unanswered for at least half a year - simply because the last true recognizable progress was probably .6 which was one year ago...

Sooo maybe someone has the courage to report something about any progress made? If there is any. If there is none have the courage to speak about that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2020 at 7:35 AM, HeiligeRobbe said:

I like the game and don't doubt the devs put all they have into it. But the communication with the community which has in large parts already paid and funded the project is just unprofessional and disrespectful. What exactly is the sense of new community managers if they don't manage the community? The last news is one month old and it was a summary of things already known since the announcement of the partnership or even prior.

Before that we had the AMA full of ... non-answers. Empty phrases and promises. Nothing specific, nothing useful, nothing fit for a community which has been patient and loyal for months.

Wasn't the idea of the partnership that F51 can focus on the development process and My.Games takes over the PR department? Where exactly does this show any effect?

The last really new information was given on Christmas. Since then has been any progress made? - no answer but empty promises and phrases.

Has the backend work on the engine and servers provided any benefit we cannot see (because the performance is worse than it was with .6)? - No answer.

Basically any urgent and valid question on the progress of the game is left unanswered for at least half a year - simply because the last true recognizable progress was probably .6 which was one year ago...

Sooo maybe someone has the courage to report something about any progress made? If there is any. If there is none have the courage to speak about that.

We are watching WW3 transform from a genuinely passionate indie game project into a corporate-run product. Devs are now probably not allowed to really post/interact with the community, and dev communication that does come through probably has some bureaucratic approval process or other red tape.

It's hard to know if the silence is due to them not knowing where tf they're taking this game, or if it's due to typical PR silence from corporate entities that have very strict marketing and player exploitation plans. One of the big appeals about WW3 originally, aside from gameplay, was the fact it was being self-published by an indie dev and we wouldn't have to deal with any of the typical corporate/big publisher bullshit. I just hope they don't go F2P and give those of us who spent $30 some worthless cosmetics as consolation, while turning the game into a MTX shop.

And while I agree this is a bit disrespectful, this community didn't fund the game - TF51 said the game was always fully funded even without the EA period, though that then begs the question 'why sign an external publisher deal?'

But we're not going to get any real answers from TF51 or my.games - it's been all corporate-speak so far, and I doubt that will change.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:54 AM, Percy Fieldsten said:

I saw that new roadmap... was that made by my.games? It was one of the crappiest hastily put together looking roadmaps I've ever seen. Both of TF51's previous roadmaps looked better and had actual effort put into them.  It's obviously not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but like, with my.games being a huge company you'd think their digital image editing savviness would be a few steps above this? (I'm assuming they were the ones who produced it)

Edited by DoctorMcBatman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

We are watching WW3 transform from a genuinely passionate indie game project into a corporate-run product. Devs are now probably not allowed to really post/interact with the community, and dev communication that does come through probably has some bureaucratic approval process or other red tape.

It's hard to know if the silence is due to them not knowing where tf they're taking this game, or if it's due to typical PR silence from corporate entities that have very strict marketing and player exploitation plans. One of the big appeals about WW3 originally, aside from gameplay, was the fact it was being self-published by an indie dev and we wouldn't have to deal with any of the typical corporate/big publisher bullshit. I just hope they don't go F2P and give those of us who spent $30 some worthless cosmetics as consolation, while turning the game into a MTX shop.

And while I agree this is a bit disrespectful, this community didn't fund the game - TF51 said the game was always fully funded even without the EA period, though that then begs the question 'why sign an external publisher deal?'

But we're not going to get any real answers from TF51 or my.games - it's been all corporate-speak so far, and I doubt that will change.

they have weekly reports for chernobylite and full support  i think they just moved on to that game and abandoned this one

1 minute ago, Death said:

they have weekly reports for chernobylite and full support  i think they just moved on to that game and abandoned this one

I don't think WW3 is abandoned at all. Maybe a bit of development hell mixed with indirection. But they do seem genuine about completing the game and releasing it. I'm also not suggesting the game will automatically become bad, just that the communal interaction is not looking great and that can be a bad sign.  If the model shifts too much and the focus ibecomes pointed toward MTX and they start using the dreaded term "live service," that will likely affect the design to a point that's past my personal threshold of acceptability.

The big issue is we don't know how much about the game is changing due to this deal. If nothing was changing, they probably wouldn't be so silent. Maybe the changes will be better. Maybe. Or maybe not. All we know is the communication has become very poor.

2 hours ago, Death said:

So wasted. Looking at the Farm 51 logo on the beginning of the Chernobylite trailer. I’ve actually got high hopes for WW3. The devs CANNOT abandon WW3 unless they are willing to sacrifice the time, effort and resources spent on WW3’s previous updates. There are TWO Developers for WW3. How can they just let WW3 die? Unless they have some kind of trouble cooked up that requires them to cancel the project, I’m hoping WW3 will flourish and get updates soon. It’s on par with Battlefield, making it a huge game that is hard to ignore.

LOLO When i write again what i think about this situation ...I guess i will get another Warning for nothing from Super Admin Rozumo🙈

Posted (edited)
2 часа назад, Percy Fieldsten сказал:

So he’s the super admin? He makes most decisions in this forum?

NO. Previously moderator, now part of dev team. Though currently he is the only remaining "bridge" between us(forum users) and dev team, as the other devs it seems are prohibited fron appearing here. Or are simply too busy.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tynblpb said:

NO. Previously moderator, now part of dev team. Though currently he is the only remaining "bridge" between us(forum users) and dev team, as the other devs it seems are prohibited to appear here. Or are simply too busy.

How can I contact him?

6 минут назад, Percy Fieldsten сказал:

How can I contact him?

Personal message? Find Rozmo among the dev team, write personal message and if he can he will give u answer.

At least I hope it is works like this, as I've never used PM here trying not to bother devs without reason.

Just now, tynblpb said:

Personal message? Find Rozmo among the dev team, write personal message and if he can he will give u answer.

At least I hope it is works like this, as I've never used PM here trying not to bother devs without reason.

Got it. But is he in Farm 51 or My.games?

1 hour ago, Percy Fieldsten said:

Got it. But is he in Farm 51 or My.games?

He is from The Farm 51 original team

On 6/22/2020 at 9:28 PM, DoctorMcBatman said:

Is that so? I always understood that they were surprised by how well the game sold in autumn 2018 and thus the funding was secured for the 1.0 release. This explanation was often given as to why the devs were not worried about the plummeting player count. But yeah this question is really pressing aaaaaaaaand surprise there was not an answer given. I mean it is delicate subject so on the one hand I can understand that they are not talking about any financial details - we are no stockholders - but on the other hand they would have straight up lied to us when they said the funding is secured (and nobody asked for that anyway so why lie about that?).

I saw that new roadmap... was that made by my.games? It was one of the crappiest hastily put together looking roadmaps I've ever seen.

Did I miss something? I saw a video on Youtube about a new roadmap but never the roadmap itself. Or is this a reference to the news from 25 May?

Devs are now probably not allowed to really post/interact with the community, and dev communication that does come through probably has some bureaucratic approval process or other red tape.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:45 PM, DoctorMcBatman said:

All we know is the communication has become very poor.

You know what. There should be someone who could give us an answer on that: @Tyrell - You said you are one of the new community managers. Can you give us a hint on this radio silence from the team's side?

Well, I tried to stay calm and polite :D ... but I think it's good if we try different approaches at once. :D

1 hour ago, Death said:

@Ragir @weedtime @Rozmo @Tyrell @Ajem We demand answers and a proper response NOW!!!! 😡😡😡

Basically what I did for my suggestions in a nutshell 🤣🤣🤣

Devs, don’t waste your time and money on a d*mned Chernobyl survival game if it were to make you give up a perfectly fine game with tons more of customisation and worldwide maps instead of Chernobylite’s one! Make the right decisions! We were vouching for this game on many websites and platforms that it WILL flourish! Come on!   This game is SOLID GOLD! Put it at the TOP of the priority list!

• Confused 2

Dude, there are different teams working the two games. We may not know much but we do know for almost certain that Chernobylite is not the reason for the delay of the game. ... Besides, you do not speak for the whole community :D:D

My fault. All the best on your sacred quest to save the world from Chernobylite which apparently nobody asked for (how do you know btw?) and give us the release of WW3!

Just now, HeiligeRobbe said:

My fault. All the best on your sacred quest to save the world from Chernobylite which apparently nobody asked for (how do you know btw?) and give us the release of WW3!

I know it as someone mentioned it before, on this forum.

Kinda strange devs focus on it although it is more of salvaging Chernobyl than saving the world from imminent doom.

• Haha 1