Enigma

World War 3 any Progress??

:D Are you kidding me, or simply not able to comprehend?

Chernobylite is developed by a different team! It does not take away the focus from WW3. The devs who work on WW3 are not working on Chernobylite.

And finally: How would you know that nobody asked for Chernobylite? How can you even know? That's what I meant by saying you do not speak for the whole community. :D

• Haha 1

What answers you are guys demanding? There are no solid dates when and what will happen, even if they are, no one will give you them. COVID affected delays in the games industry, also in WW3.

Stay tuned!

Posted (edited)
4 часа назад, weedtime сказал:

What answers you are guys demanding? 

I think they are demanding at least something. For example pic with part of some building, vehicle, weapon, etc. so those who're waiting will be able to keep themselves busy trying to find what are these things that were being shown. Teasers, I'll say. Because devs being absent/silent for what 6 months already(?) is forcing ppl to start thinking the devs do not care. Me, seeing some of my suggestions being implemented, knows that devs are working. But for majority it's opposite.

It was said ~2 years ago that devs want to create a game in cooperation with players, where the latter will give their feedback and say what they think is right and what is wrong. And now, when game is (supposedly) in final stages of realization what it will look like and how it'll be played and ppl on the forum do not see even a smallest thing. As if now their opinion doesn't matter that much and we'll see only the more or less "final" version of the game when it'll be too late to express opinions.

Me, personally, has few things I want to ask about, but seeing devs not appearing on forum, all I have to do is to wait for new version to appear. And when this new version will appear and there MAYBE will be things I wanted to change or at least ASK about changing them and wasn't able to do it because , u know, nobody to ask, I'll be a little toxic.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

tynblpb did say the most important things already but let me add a thing or two:

I don't know about anyone else of course but I am not asking for any date at all. No really, if you need more time and the game will only be published in October 2021 that's absolutely fine for me ...

as long as there is some proper communication and contact to the community.

When the Weekly Reports where cancelled in early February it was announced that dev logs are going to replace them and since then we have gotten - brace yourself - one! And that did not really incorporate anything new about the game itself.

I understand that the pandemic also has a huge impact on your work as game developers and in some post I asked for the impact on your work if I recall correctly. But until today it was not confirmed by the team if and how the work is affected by COVID-19. Why not?

And as much I understand that the work suffers from the situation I can't help but think that if the developing process is slowed down this should give more time to write something about the progress or a proper dev log and if that is not the case AT LEAST the team could have lost a word on why we are not getting a new dev log.

To directly respond to your question @weedtime - what kind of answers did I expect? Some hints can be found in a post I wrote in early April:

But let me quickly sketch out a couple of things we could have gotten information on:

- After the preview of the new animation system some requested to get another preview showing the new animation system as a viewer rather than from 1st person perspective.

- A solution to the headglitching problem was promised to be high on the prioriy list (or even found already). Writing something about the technical solution would be interesting for some I guess.

- A rework of the spatial audio system was promised and again some notes on what is reworked exactly would have been welcome for sure.

- A rework of the weapon balance on a macro level was announced which instantly begs the question: What is your idea for said new macro level? What role do you have in mind for which weapon class?

- You could give some insight on the remaining work to do and in what order it is approached and why - just to give the community an idea on what you are working on at the moment.

This list could easily be extended. In my opinion each of this topics would be fit for a dev log but we have gotten none and the team has fallen almost completely silent.

So again, I am not asking for any date. I am not even demanding anything but I am asking for some minimal communication. Why? Because as tynblpb pointed out that is what the team promised. It was said that the game is to be finished in corporation with the community but that is simply impossible if there is no communication at all and because it was your promise it feels disrespectful. (Especially since there are community managers by now.)

@weedtime let me add this even if it earns me a warning:

I understand that reading this thread can be frustrating but it mostly shows valid complaints. The fact that you are not responding to any of them but instead argue with "solid dates" nobody asked for implies to me that you either:

1. did not really read them,

2. did not really understand them or,

3. just did not really care about them.

4. I may not know the answer for those?
/weedtime

5. Then you could have said that instead of arguing with something nobody of us asked for /HeiligeRobbe :P

And that perfectly proves my complaint of disrespectful treatment of the community right so thanks for that. :)

Edited by HeiligeRobbe
  • Like 4

Don't worry, I won't give you a warning, well people mostly (especially on discord) demand dates, when a new patch will drop, when the game will be released, when this, so I just wrapped it up... because that's what people asking for.

I can do nothing about lack of communication, also I can't provide any informations about things which you and others mentioned - I do not have them/I'm not allowed to post them unless I'm asked to do so. I only participate in this topic, because I've been mentioned, also trying to be nice, by reacting since I always respond to the mentions.
Community managers/Developers > Moderators - We're always at the end of the line, and most of us work at home, not in the F51 HQ like Dev's or CM's.
If people above me decide to respond here, they'll do it, if not I can do nothing about it, but I'm sure they read most of the topics, instead of participating in them, they might work on the game, 5 min. here, 10 min. here it takes their time. I cannot be responsible for their decisions which is a lack of communication.

I know some people take a break from socials, so they can focus on development, as F51 & My.games are in partnership now I guess they need share with all the information's about WW3  (progress, plans, etc.) then will start working on better communication with the community.
As they mentioned in the last AMA, they're very busy at this moment and also COVID situation delayed everything (Developers had to work from home, which makes everything even harder).

There is a few quotes:

Is there a team at MY.GAMES working or helping on the development of World War 3? If yes, is there a specific area(s) they are working on?

Kamil: Yes, we are working pretty closely together on many key areas! We will share more details about our cooperation when we will be ready to do that… we are just starting.

Do you believe that the key weaknesses of the game, like optimisation and servers, can be finally repaired to satisfy players?

Kamil: In my opinion, together with MY.GAMES we have a much better starting point to polish and improve World War 3 and launch a successful final release!

When do you plan to release the 0.9 update?

Kamil: We will release new updates when they are ready.

What happened to communication over the last three months?

Kamil: We were working pretty hard on the project and talking about cooperation details with MY.GAMES.

Can we expect some regular information and communication again, or will the development go on ‘in the dark’?

Alexey: We will certainly keep you informed of our progress. We are going to release the World War 3 development roadmap and production plans later this year.

I know it's been a month, but they will give you the same answers as in the AMA and I will give you the same answers. As soon as everything will be settled and ready, they will share any relevant information's about future content. Who knows, it could be the biggest update since EA.
Full AMA - I know probably everyone has seen it, but I will post again.

I understand people were disappointed about this AMA (Yes, I've seen your edit), but it was their call and decision, please do not involve me strictly in company decisions, they try as best as they can. I'm here only a Moderator, as soon as they start sharing with us (moderators) more, and allow us to post more stuff, I'll be happy to keep you all informed. Unless there will be people responsible for that, and my only job will be to keep this forum clean 😅

Also, my personal opinion - This is a Company, they can't throw information's left and right, it may harm company stock, investors might be disappointed, silence could be also a good sign, maybe they preparing something big?
Games are one thing, but companies who made them also want to earn money, more money means more resources, more people who can be employed - if company fails they will lose, also there will be no profit. This is not EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc. F51 is small comparing to them, if EA releases a bad game, they'll make another, if F51 fails with WW3, well it could be a huge loss for them, they can't let that happen, so in my opinion they'll do everything to make the game successful.

We have no choice, we have to be patient.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

:D Are you kidding me, or simply not able to comprehend?

Chernobylite is developed by a different team! It does not take away the focus from WW3. The devs who work on WW3 are not working on Chernobylite.

And finally: How would you know that nobody asked for Chernobylite? How can you even know? That's what I meant by saying you do not speak for the whole community. :D

While this is what we've been told, I do notice the downhill trend in updates and communication from the WW3 dev team following the Chernobylite announcement. Coincidence? Maybe yes, maybe no.
All I can say for sure is that it's not uncommon for a company to say one thing and mean another - or to just blatantly lie - and considering how my faith and trust in F51 has been betrayed, I'd sooner believe that there aren't separate dev teams than I'd take their word that there is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

While this is what we've been told, I do notice the downhill trend in updates and communication from the WW3 dev team following the Chernobylite announcement. Coincidence? Maybe yes, maybe no.
All I can say for sure is that it's not uncommon for a company to say one thing and mean another - or to just blatantly lie - and considering how my faith and trust in F51 has been betrayed, I'd sooner believe that there aren't separate dev teams than I'd take their word that there is.

Come on, keep your hopes high! We are a community here! We’re supposed to go through this path TOGETHER.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Percy Fieldsten said:

Come on, keep your hopes high! We are a community here! We’re supposed to go through this path TOGETHER.

I'm 400 hours wasted into the main game, I don't even know how many into the test server, drafted onto their failed community based bug finding team (you don't want to know what we've found wrong with the game that they haven't fixed, and the stuff we did find wrong, we were told wasted their time because they had to go fix it instead of working on other things) and many months passed the deadline we were promised.
They told us the game was fully funded before release - then they partner with the European EA games for money.

My hopes are cast far from WW3 and F51

I get more excitement eating breakfast than I get from this dead game.  

"We are watching WW3 transform from a genuinely passionate indie game project into a corporate-run product"
DoctorBatman, who I've played with and have known since day one of the early access, sums this up well

WW3 is no longer the passion project I believed in. It's what happens when people sell out. 

Edited by @PRUNKgaming
  • Like 5

On 6/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, HeiligeRobbe said:

Did I miss something? I saw a video on Youtube about a new roadmap but never the roadmap itself. Or is this a reference to the news from 25 May?

Yep the one from May 25th, I didn't see it until a week or so ago. Was a bit surprised, given how good TF51's previous two roadmaps looked (especially the first one). Not talking about the content itself, just visual presentation - as any content on a roadmap shouldn't be taken seriously until the studio proves they can meet it (which was happening during the first part of EA, but then stopped). I could forgive it if the AMA was actually useful or if we had transparency through other means.

19 hours ago, weedtime said:

Also, my personal opinion - This is a Company, they can't throw information's left and right, it may harm company stock, investors might be disappointed, silence could be also a good sign, maybe they preparing something big?
Games are one thing, but companies who made them also want to earn money, more money means more resources, more people who can be employed - if company fails they will lose, also there will be no profit. This is not EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc. F51 is small comparing to them, if EA releases a bad game, they'll make another, if F51 fails with WW3, well it could be a huge loss for them, they can't let that happen, so in my opinion they'll do everything to make the game successful.

We have no choice, we have to be patient.

That all makes sense, but there's a dissonance in what we've been told and what we've seen throughout this period.

We were frequently assured all was well, everything was on schedule, all of the necessary money was there, etc., even through the rougher periods like parts of last year.

Then earlier this year the team goes completely silent; players already know that player counts are bad for quite some time, and we know the game doesn't have a great reputation in the gaming community at large (which is shame, because even through all of this I maintain the game is really very good).

Then out of nowhere a publishing deal is announced with a huge corporation, and we have received very few details on what this means. If we go by the original schedule (which we were told last year that it was still on schedule), right now we should be a few months into WW3's 1.0 release, I think right? So... it's a bit perplexing.

That narrative doesn't add up based on what we've seen from our perspective. Maybe we're all totally wrong and there's a perfectly logical explanation for everything, but it doesn't feel that way.

____________________________________________________________________________________

One thing in general though guys, throwing a tantrum and demanding someone speaks to us isn't  beneficial to anyone. And 5 angry people on a forum are nothing to a company, so you won't move the needle much anyway.

We just have to wait and judge when the time comes. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

11 hours ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

I'm 400 hours wasted into the main game, I don't even know how many into the test server, drafted onto their failed community based bug finding team (you don't want to know what we've found wrong with the game that they haven't fixed, and the stuff we did find wrong, we were told wasted their time because they had to go fix it instead of working on other things) and many months passed the deadline we were promised.
They told us the game was fully funded before release - then they partner with the European EA games for money.

My hopes are cast far from WW3 and F51

I get more excitement eating breakfast than I get from this dead game.  

"We are watching WW3 transform from a genuinely passionate indie game project into a corporate-run product"
DoctorBatman, who I've played with and have known since day one of the early access, sums this up well

WW3 is no longer the passion project I believed in. It's what happens when people sell out. 

I have some great memories of playing with TSA and your crew on Smolensk. That was peak WW3 for me. Took a bit of a break from gaming for a while, but I should check back into the Discord now that work has calmed down.

I am still cautiously hopeful about WW3, because we really don't have a good Battlefield alternative. But I guess time will tell.

9 hours ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

Yep the one from May 25th, I didn't see it until a week or so ago. Was a bit surprised, given how good TF51's previous two roadmaps looked (especially the first one). Not talking about the content itself, just visual presentation - as any content on a roadmap shouldn't be taken seriously until the studio proves they can meet it (which was happening during the first part of EA, but then stopped). I could forgive it if the AMA was actually useful or if we had transparency through other means.

That all makes sense, but there's a dissonance in what we've been told and what we've seen throughout this period.

We were frequently assured all was well, everything was on schedule, all of the necessary money was there, etc., even through the rougher periods like parts of last year.

Then earlier this year the team goes completely silent; players already know that player counts are bad for quite some time, and we know the game doesn't have a great reputation in the gaming community at large (which is shame, because even through all of this I maintain the game is really very good).

Then out of nowhere a publishing deal is announced with a huge corporation, and we have received very few details on what this means. If we go by the original schedule (which we were told last year that it was still on schedule), right now we should be a few months into WW3's 1.0 release, I think right? So... it's a bit perplexing.

That narrative doesn't add up based on what we've seen from our perspective. Maybe we're all totally wrong and there's a perfectly logical explanation for everything, but it doesn't feel that way.

One thing in general though guys, throwing a tantrum and demanding someone speaks to us isn't  beneficial to anyone. And 5 angry people on a forum are nothing to a company, so you won't move the needle much anyway.

We just have to wait and judge when the time comes. 

I have some great memories of playing with TSA and your crew on Smolensk. That was peak WW3 for me. Took a bit of a break from gaming for a while, but I should check back into the Discord now that work has calmed down.

I am still cautiously hopeful about WW3, because we really don't have a good Battlefield alternative. But I guess time will tell.

Feel free to drop in whenever you want, we're still there daily playing all kinds of games.
Work is about to ramp back up for me so I'll be online a little less, but still available for weekend stuff like usual. 

• Like 1

Talking about Progress/Progression. On SteamHub Rozmo added a new theme in Basic Information section. There is list of FAQ. I re-read it and one answer caught my attention. This one:

WILL I LOSE MY PROGRESS ONCE YOU RELEASE THE GAME?

No! All of your progress made during our early access will stay with you after we fully release the game.

Yes, answer was given more than 2 years ago, but I hope that devs are still solid on that matter and when there will be release I wil not be forced to unlock it all for the 4th time already. And I will simply play for fun, because all that progrrrresion, golden skin for some dumb challenges and all that nonsense are not my thing. So, @Rozmo, sorry for bothering u but could u ask someone who is accountable: after "uniting" forces with My.Games is this 2 years old answer still up to date?

release date:

Q4 2019

@

well, ok Q4 2019 - Q1 2020

@

wellll... definetly Q1 2020

@

ok ok ok, 1st half of 2020

------ WE ARE HERE (end of 1st half of 2020, still no even 0.9 update) ------

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we talk about numbers, I don't think we will see something before  1.0, and probably  0.9 is a past for devs, maybe they re on 0.10 or higher now., at least i hope so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Talking about Progress/Progression. On SteamHub Rozmo added a new theme in Basic Information section. There is list of FAQ. I re-read it and one answer caught my attention. This one:

WILL I LOSE MY PROGRESS ONCE YOU RELEASE THE GAME?

No! All of your progress made during our early access will stay with you after we fully release the game.

Yes, answer was given more than 2 years ago, but I hope that devs are still solid on that matter and when there will be release I wil not be forced to unlock it all for the 4th time already. And I will simply play for fun, because all that progrrrresion, golden skin for some dumb challenges and all that nonsense are not my thing. So, @Rozmo, sorry for bothering u but could u ask someone who is accountable: after "uniting" forces with My.Games is this 2 years old answer still up to date?

They answered this question during the AMA on discord when people asked what we would get if we purchased the game during early access.

If people bought your game via Steam in the Early Access phase for 99pln, what will they get when the game goes F2P, and will it be worth the previous price?

Alexey: You’ll definitely keep access to the game, and you’ll receive a rich amount of game content, regardless of our distribution solution (that is still to be announced later this year).

To me it seems like they're just going to give us a pre-determined amount of unlockable weapons or cosmetics. Maybe some exclusive stuff.
I do believe that all progress will be reset. 

1 минуту назад, @PRUNKgaming сказал:

To me it seems like they're just going to give us a pre-determined amount of unlockable weapons or cosmetics. Maybe some exclusive stuff.
I do believe that all progress will be reset. 

That's why I was asking for confirmation.

Some amount of unlockable content doesn't mean that progress will be wiped. Though it can be expected. 😑

Sadly, but in addition to lack of data from devs, game is in a perfect storm itself. Worst perfomance from the start (I have FPS drops and microfreezing even with 9900K+ overclocked 1070), absurd gunplay decisions like  long barrels deal less damage, than short barrels, unfinished new HUD, removed map queue, 170 ms ping and quite often crashes make very bad combination. In other words, we, players, not only have no information about future, but also now stabile game build to play.

• Like 2

Right, if they decided not pushing any updates and stop talking, probably it would be less frustrating for everyone to shut down servers and just back with full relase.

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Sadly, but in addition to lack of data from devs, game is in a perfect storm itself. Worst perfomance from the start (I have FPS drops and microfreezing even with 9900K+ overclocked 1070), absurd gunplay decisions like  long barrels deal less damage, than short barrels, unfinished new HUD, removed map queue, 170 ms ping and quite often crashes make very bad combination. In other words, we, players, not only have no information about future, but also now stabile game build to play.

Exactly!!! I got same Gaming RIG and same bad performance... worst to me is the ping abuse and hard lagging.

I quit playing this abadoned frustrating game and switched to Insurgency Sandstorm and i was impressed how good the performance is.

I mean same Unreal engine right but why so much better?? I never get a server with a Ping higher than 15ms normal is around 4-10ms 😍

No lag ,no stuttering,no high ping abuse...maybe F51 should have ask these Devs HowTo 😆

I mean this is rediculous what serious Company act like this??? Was reading all the comments of the remaining people here and players.

So the only one who answeres here was WEEDTIME???? a Moderator sry but wth?? i mean this NOT offensiv Weedtime 🥺 but ME expect a Boss talking to Player/community

If this was MY.Company i would at least do anything to sooth the Players and Community

Or at least do something to reconcile the people who still stick to my product and support it with bug reports over and over like tynblpb does.

I mean just a small performance patch or if to lazy just patch back to 0.6 🤣the performance and gameplay was okay there.

I promise IF they would do at least something the community and players will do this

Community.gif

But the longer they wait...the less people will take care of any kind of patch or even the release of the finished game from a company with Devs that do not care in any ways...

I got my own company and know how it works mostly people only talk about the bad things,failure and shit you did but not the good things you did.

That speech of your company stays in peoples mind and this will stick also to the company MY.FARME.51

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1

I suggest that some news be released, how long does it take to compose a few pages about progress? All of us who have stayed with this game from the beginning need to know we are not wasting brain power waiting for this game to progress.

2 hours ago, OutRurMind said:

I suggest that some news be released, how long does it take to compose a few pages about progress? All of us who have stayed with this game from the beginning need to know we are not wasting brain power waiting for this game to progress.

According to the progress, some months later. Maybe they r gathering the ideas of players according to roadmap and actually putting them into development. May take Long.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Percy Fieldsten said:

According to the progress, some months later. Maybe they r gathering the ideas of players according to roadmap and actually putting them into development. May take Long.

dude stop! just stop defending them....you are new here and still have have hope and excitement but it dosent matter what you say if they were going to do something it would have been happened just look at chernobylite why corona didnt effect that? still it has weekly reports but nothing here soooooo please stop what you are doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best thing about this, as far as I understand Percy has not even played the game for a second given his thread about which settings to run on his computer. ^^

@Tyrell How's life going as WW3's community manager? Given you said you are one of the new community managers, how are your colleagues doing? :DIt would  be most kind of you to show up every once in a while :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No communication with the community yet here is someone with one of the top comments in a bigfry video.... Lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PointShootAction said:

No communication with the community yet here is someone with one of the top comments in a bigfry video.... Lol

looks like warface 2020 - small maps in industrial areas, fast paced FPS, UE4... not so promising so far *meeeh*

• Like 1