Enigma

World War 3 any Progress??

17 minutes ago, Atway said:

looks like warface 2020 - small maps in industrial areas, fast paced FPS, UE4... not so promising so far *meeeh*

I didnt post that for the game, in the comments section of that video you can see the ragir commenting, yet they dont seem to want to communicate things with you guys. The ones that stuck around which is sad and looks a little but like boot licking.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, HeiligeRobbe said:

Best thing about this, as far as I understand Percy has not even played the game for a second given his thread about which settings to run on his computer. ^^

@Tyrell How's life going as WW3's community manager? Given you said you are one of the new community managers, how are your colleagues doing? :DIt would  be most kind of you to show up every once in a while :D

Seriously dude I play it but my KD is Low from the performance...

I have won some matches too you can check my account

Seriously dude, I couldn't care less. ^^ But maybe the devs do? Couldn't hurt to rally around the few enthusiastic fans the game has left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So last news, ANY news were posted on may 25th? They are cutting the branch they are sitting on by doing this, because there's no better thing to kill early access than falling completely silent.
Most people just want to hear SOME NEWS, we don't need release dates or whatever.

What's up with development updates, he?
I'm starting to feel like this might not end well.

This early access game failed on launch and has never recovered. They might as well give it away for free. No one is going to play it now. Not even the players that bought it.

9 минут назад, Axlerod сказал:

This early access game failed on launch and has never recovered. They might as well give it away for free. No one is going to play it now. Not even the players that bought it.

Try to be a little more pompous and MAYBE we will be like: Oh, wow! Now we know what is going on! - and then will stop playing WW3.

P.S. Today +1.5 hours playing WW3 and now I have 1501 hours in Live version.

• Sad 1

I played WW³ today cos realy don´t know what to play atm.

Played a lot of Insurgency Sandstorm but to me thats boring as F*** after a few weeks!!!

Its always the same 😒 

Insurgency Sandstorm is like:

People always play same map ,always same Camp positions ,always same tactic (NONE) and if you die you can go shoping or take a sh** because you now watch others play for 3-15 Minutes.

Join a match and wait 7 Minutes till you can spawn. Then you get killed after playing 3 Minutes and wait 13 Minutes till Team finish the round than wait a few minutes till all loaded the map than another waiting dont know for what..... i hit Alt+F4.

So 20 Minutes waiting to play 3 Minutes??? Damn thats retarded!!!!

So i decide to play a bit with ReShade and make WW³ look better 😋 cos its more my kinda game.

Spawn follow orders go to objective try to capture get killed and spawn again!!!!

To me it is still Fun compared to full CAMPER games like Call of WarZone Campers or Insurgency Sandcamp 🤪.

Hi Enigma, totally agree with you. I'm new to this game but i also hate that kind of game type were your left out in the cold while watching others playing the game. 

Did have a good game , yesterday afternoon about between 5pm-6pm BST.  Squad played well , joined halfway through. Been using the light machine gun SA-80, i recommend it. 

Ehm, devs and CMs, u know about Murphy law?

"If anything can go wrong - it will go wrong".

So, when u r create a message where there is sentence "From August 13, World War 3 will no longer be available to purchase from Steam. " many ppl will understand it like that: From August 13, World War 3 will no longer be available to purchase from Steam EVER.

And in AMA this line looks like:

However, the game will no longer be available for purchase on Steam until further notice. 

I highlighted one important part. SO, plz, @Tyrell, could u fix this message so there would be no misunderstanding? And if it will stay unchanged, does it mean that I'm free to think that WW3 from now on will not be Steam-distributed?

Posted (edited)

If people purchased the Early Access version of World War 3 on Steam, will they receive anything when the game switches to a free-to-play model?

https://worldwar3.com/en/2020/08/12/ww3-development-refocused-early-access-purchases-unavailable-from-13-8/?fbclid=IwAR1ehdq06k49RxEkJiNir16e1GVuZNr9idGNMjtcDT-Bh-MyZX-8v5A9ByA

Looks like I called it on July 27...

Edited by Axlerod

Posted (edited)

MAXIMUM FAIL... F2P

this will get as low as Warface then a free to play  Aimbot test range game...

Oh you get banned load just new account and continue cos free to play... Oh you get HW banned No problem hardware spoofer or Hw ID Changer come with the Aimbot software.

So to me a Small player base means less cheater but free to play 💩🙈

The player base needs to be so low that big coder do not have any interest in making Cheats for the game like Helios from AA or Tomas from TM POINT

Or the Anti Cheat has to be good like Battleeye... not perfect but the best so far i know

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1

So everything we get from the new community managers after months is a repost of information we already received in May? :D:D That's everything? Still the same "We wanna do the superduperbest stuff for the game" blabla withouth any detail or actual information?? :D:D:D

Nice!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For those that haven't seen it yet: https://worldwar3.com/en/2020/08/12/ww3-development-refocused-early-access-purchases-unavailable-from-13-8/?fbclid=IwAR1ehdq06k49RxEkJiNir16e1GVuZNr9idGNMjtcDT-Bh-MyZX-8v5A9ByA

If people purchased the Early Access version of World War 3 on Steam, will they receive anything when the game switches to a free-to-play model?
Early Access players will be recognised as ‘veterans’ and receive in-game content worth at least the price they paid for World War 3, if not more, regardless of our distribution model. Any in-game purchases made during the Early Access period will either be transferred to the final release or compensated as in-game currency.

So this seems to confirm F2P. This is the awful news we all expected but hoped wouldn't come to pass.

There is absolutely no conciliatory in-game content that is worth my $30. I paid for a game, not cosmetic bullshit or XP packs or whatever scam this project is turning into. If the game is going F2P, a refund is the only acceptable compensation

"Any in-game purchases made during the Early Access period..." 

So WW3 will implement MTX during the EA period? That's quite audacious.

Once MTX and F2P are brought into the mix, the primary design ethos becomes player retention, while sensible game design is relegated. These two concepts are largely incompatible with each other. You have to compromise the latter to pursue the former.

I was one of the few people who wanted to be an ambassador for this game and defended it despite the hiccups throughout 2018 through earlier this year, but this confirmation has pushed me well beyond my threshold.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 часов назад, DoctorMcBatman сказал:

I paid for a game

Sorry to disappoint u, but u've paid(and we all) for "access" to Early Access version of WW3. And it's up to devs what WW3 will be in the end. Though I too don't like the turn to , as u've said previously in this theme, "corporate dirven" or something like this product.

15 часов назад, DoctorMcBatman сказал:

Any in-game purchases made during the Early Access period.

About this quotation. I think the talk here is about the current in-game purchases that were done with in-game currency. Such as camos, weapon parts, vehicle's modules etc. 

And there were clear signs that devs are going to implement progression system where, I presume, all the aforementioned in-game purchases will be placed in some kind of order for u(us, newcomers)to grind them. 

And here is that moment, that I, for example, have bought almost everything already and now have 6.5kk of unused currency. And I don't rly want to grind them for the 4th time. So, it's either all the purchases of mine will be transferred or devs are going to give me some amount of currency to buy the things I want, so I will not be forced to grind.

I don't think that MTX will be implemented in Early Access version as the devs/mygames are playing spy, and info about MTX is rly crucial for it to be revealed before they try to create hype when promoting.

Seeing WW3 now more as the "corporate" product, I self-demoted myself to a mere customer and now don't expect much and now  I'm in🤨 "try to amuse me" position, as I'm indifferent to progression, grinding and all that stuff that is used in nowadays multiplayer shooters to entertain and keep players occupied. I only need working chassis armor and APS on vehicles to entertain myself, but with as it was said above "corporate" product, no hope 0.9 with promised vehicles/strikes fixing/rebalancing for us to see/try/test. 

No 0.9 = nothing to wait for. Nothing to wait for = what is the point in reflexing? It is not like we can affect the outcome.🥱

Edited by tynblpb
Typos
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Sorry to disappoint u, but u've paid(and we all) for "access" to Early Access version of WW3. And it's up to devs what WW3 will be in the end. Though I too don't like the turn to , as u've said previously in this theme, "corporate dirven" or something like this product.

If we're being semantic, we paid for a licence. 

But I know I didn't pay for cosmetics. My paid license was not to access cosmetics, it was to access the game. If a person no longer needs a paid license to play this game, those of us who did pay for a license should be refunded.

If my.games disagrees, I may initiate a chargeback. 

Regarding whether "in-game currency" refers to the current currency used to purchase upgrades or a new real-cash transaction, that is unclear, I agree. But that's not my fault. If my.games wants to be vague and imprecise, I'm going to assume the worst given all of the other red flags.

• Like 2

I just want to see what they change in regards to gameplay design. Dont care about new content. Expect MTX to be a bit BS but if you get a decent game out of it then at least you can play.

In the US the law around license v ownership is vague in a gray area but there have been legal suits one where a the license was considered ownership of a product not just access to it. Basically some loophole for buyers that license means you own it ect.

F51 burned a lot of bridges tho with the community regarding communication and progress with the game which will hurt down the road. Chernobylte looks cool but is lack luster gameplay, I would put it as a semi fail. See hard times for the company.

IDK what Corona did to the workflow for F51 but over hear nothing changed to our work outside the agency makes us wear a mask away from our desk and one or two people are deranged about catching corona, but its a different country. Its affecting a lot of companies but IDK why so you cant knock F51 but the current situation I think they are just making excuses. Plenty of companies have work from home with close to normal work flow. You cant blame everything on corona when the problems with the game were evident way way before corona.

Maybe it can be the king of f2p fps games. If its still bad then people wont play it even if its free.

Hopefully they are just cosmetic micro transactions it was probably this or no game so ftp might just be the way. I feel like the toys from toy story because I’m like I knew the would come but I didn’t want it to