Dunabar

[Weapon] Weapons that could enhance WW3 - Battle Rifles | MDR

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks

Still have a few more of these gun suggestion posts to complete for Round 3 of "Weapons that could enhance WW3" and I figured I would cover another weapon I have suggested once before to give it a chance for individual judgement like all the other weapons I have suggested. But, I wanted to go a little further and suggest a weapon that currently isn't operated by any Military or Law Enforcement groups, that could join the ranks of outsider weapons like that of the DMG Nine-Millie & Alpha (to my knowledge anyways.) So, today we will be covering the American Micro Dynamic Rifle (MDR.)

If you wish to read other Suggestion posts I have made, click the link below. Otherwise, lets get started with the MDR.

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - The MDR - Real life information behind the MDR
  • Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons - Comparing stats between current in-game BRs and suggested BR with the MDR.
  • Section 3 - Special Features - Special features I think the MDR should have
  • Section 4 - Customization - Customization options I think the MDR should have

----

Section 1 - The MDR

Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

Screen_Shot_2017-08-30_at_6_02.59_PM__84634.1531259150_1280_1280.thumb.png.86a41572c84080b7b894b18062e0b8c3.pngEA5BB0FAAE8C2186346276676EC55EBC59DA02A5.jpg.a63a316eff3d0e6df4e2d0014ce15622.jpg

The MDR (Micro Dynamic Rifle)

Introduction & Demonstration Videos of the MDR.

Extra Information sources

The Desert Tech MDR (Micro Dynamic Rifle) is a multi-caliber, Bullpup Rifle created by the Desert Tech firearms company. First seen in 2014, but not actually officially being produced till 2017, the company's goal was to create a highly ergonomic, ambidextrous, adaptable, and compact weapon system. While these features were achieved, it was internal problems that would give the MDR a bad reputation in it's early days, requiring the company to modify or entirely re-engineer internal parts of the weapon such as the Gas System, and Extractor which was breaking at a high frequency all of which have been resolved. Original prototypes of the weapon also featured a three position fire selector to allow for the weapon to either be set to Safe, Semi, or Fully Automatic fire. But, because there has been no interest from either Military or Law Enforcement, the modern MDR has only ever come with the capability of Semi-Automatic fire in the Civilian market. Current conversion kits allow for the usage of .223 Wylde, .308 Winchester, 300 BLK, 5.56x45 NATO, and 7.62x51 NATO.

So if the gun was to be added to the game, what playstyle would the gun favor, and most importantly where exactly would it stand when compared to the other Battle Rifles?

----

Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons

In terms of playstyle, the MDR should largely be a medium-long range focused Battle Rifle that favors players with steady aim that like to keep the enemy at a distance or flanking their targets rather than fighting them face to face. The weapon should feature no fully automatic fire capability (to mimic that it's not a Military or Law Enforcement Weapon and add different weapon variety), have one of the highest muzzle velocities for a Battle Rifle in game using the .308 Winchester ammunition, and of course naturally have the positives & negatives that come with a being a bullpup weapon. To balance this out further however, I would suggest giving it a modestly high spread to discourage reckless spam fire, modestly long reload speed, and higher than average weight (for balance reasons not realistic reasons.)

Now, lets move on to comparing possible stats of the MDR vs. the SCAR-H, M417, and the suggested BREN 2 BR & ASh-12. I made some changes to my color coding system and I think it will give a better picture than the older color coding system I was using prior to this. I'm still getting it all fine tuned as well, so I will be updating all my current weapon suggestion posts later on.

• (S) - The weapon is one I have suggested but isn't actually in the game currently.
  • Cyan - Suggested Weapon is at a notable advantage compared to this Weapon
  • Green - Suggested Weapon is at a advantage compared to this Weapon
  • Yellow - Suggested Weapon is either equal, at a marginal advantage, or at a marginal disadvantage compared to this Weapon
  • Orange - Suggested Weapon is at a disadvantage compared to this Weapon
  • Red - Suggested Weapon is at a notable disadvantage compared to this Weapon

Please note:  Once again, I cannot test these stats to confirm balance, so think of these as more of a proposed starting place for testing on the PTE, and I'm comparing the stats of the weapons from a stock design against another stock design without taking customization into consideration. This is primarily to help keep the post small and keep what little sanity I have left in me.

MDR proposed and compared stats.

• MDR Effective ranges: 115m (44 damage.) Damage decreases at 116m - 135m (32 damage)
    • SCAR-H: 0 - 105m (40 damage.) Damage decreases at 106m - 135m (32 damage)
    • M417: 0 - 105m (40 damage.) Damage decreases at 106m - 135m (32 damage)
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 105m (40 damage.) Damage decreases at 106m - 135m (32 damage)
    • (S) ASh-12: 0 - 35m (55 damage.) Damage decreases at 36m - 135m (38 damage)
  • MDR Weight: 19.0
    • SCAR-H: 17.6
    • M417: 18.3
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 17.9
    • (S) ASh-12: 25.0
  • MDR Recoil: 0.66
    • SCAR-H: 0.92
    • M417: 0.95
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 0.87
    • (S) ASh-12: 0.98
  • MDR Spread: 0.26
    • SCAR-H: 0.2
    • M417: 0.14
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 0.22
    • (S) ASh-12: 0.28
  • MDR Reload time: 4.8 Seconds
    • SCAR-H: 4.0 Seconds
    • M417: 1.0 Seconds
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 4.8 Seconds
    • (S) ASh-12: 4.8 Seconds
  • MDR Rate of Fire: 620 RPMs
    • SCAR-H: 525 RPMs
    • M417: 430 RPMs
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 620 RPMs
    • (S) ASh-12: 600 RPMs
  • MDR Caliber: .308 Winchester
    • SCAR-H: 7,62x51mm
    • M417: 7,62x51mm
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 7,62x51mm
    • (S) ASh-12: 12.7x55mm
  • MDR Muzzle Velocity: 900 m/s
    • SCAR-H: 714 m/s
    • M417: 817 m/s
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: 680 m/s
    • (S) ASh-12: 290 m/s
  • MDR Bullets to Kill: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • SCAR-H: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • M417: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • (S) BREN 2 BR: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • (S) ASh-12: HDPE: 2 / PTLN: 2 / Cer: 2 / STL: 3

With this out of the way we move on to special features.

----

Section 3 - Special Features

This will actually be short since there isn't much that really needs to be said.

• No Fully Automatic Fire - The MDR hasn't been adopted by any Military or Law Enforcement and is strictly a Civilian weapon currently. To add more variety in weapon choices (In the sense that not all guns are the same), I would recommend keeping the MDR as a Semi-Automatic only Battle Rifle to reflect that primarily civilian owned weapon.
  • Bullpup Weapon - The gun is a Bullpup and thus should (once again) have the benefits & drawbacks of a Bullpup weapon.
  • .308 Winchester - While .308 Winchester & 7.62x51 NATO are not massively different from one another, the .308 Winchester ammunition has more pressure build up in it do to thicker walls (If I understood correctly in my research.) This extra pressure causes the bullet to fly faster and thus have greater impact on the target, so the caliber should do slightly higher damage than the 7.62x51 NATO ammunition, but not completely outclass it beyond effective range & muzzle velocity.
  • Caliber Conversion - Should WW3 allow Players to convert guns to different calibers, the MDR should have access to 6.8×43 Rem SPC, 5.56x45 NATO, and ,300 Blackout. Otherwise I would just keep it as .308 Winchester.

----

Section 4 - Customization

Now this part will be rather quick since I don't plan to go over stats or anything. Just a quick mention of what the BREN 2 BR should & should not have access to (in my opinion) when it comes to customization options.

• Primary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Secondary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Barrels
    • All Barrels optional
  • Muzzles
    • All Muzzles optional
  • Lower
    • All Lowers optional
  • Side
    • All side mounts optional
  • Magazines
    • 10 round Magazines
    • 20 round Magazines
  • Ammunition
    • All (Gun) Ammunition Types optional

And there doesn't seem to be any real noticeable aftermarket parts, so I think the Developers are pretty much in the open to make their own creative designs if they would like to do so.

And with that we bring this post to an end. I hope everyone likes the MDR, even if maybe not exactly in the way I have suggested it. I was going to cover the M14 EBR next since I wanted to cover a weapon I have suggested once before, one that could serve as the sort of the counter-ASh-12, where it was better for longer range engagements & terrible at close range engagements. But, I feel pretty confident that the MK14/M14 EBR/Whatever you want to call it will be coming to WW3 at some point without me further pushing my support for it. So, I figured I would cover the MDR instead to offer a Battle Rifle style weapon (In that it fires a full powered caliber of ammunition) that didn't need to necessarily be in 7.62x51 NATO, so it could be a little different from what we have currently by making it's ammunition perform a little differently, and the weapon itself be something a little more different. Sure it's not a massive difference, but every little bit helps overall. Plus we still don't have a Bullpup Battle Rifle, so that gave it another plus in my book. The Developers could also get more than one use out of this weapon because it can shoot multiple calibers and does come in a MDR-C configuration. But, for now it's time to bring this post to an end, so till the next suggestion post comes around where I will likely cover a Machine Gun next...

Have a good one folks!

Edited by Dunabar
Added caliber conversion
  • Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet