Dunabar

[Weapon] Weapons that could enhance WW3 - Light Machine Guns | HK21

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks

Time to get one of the last weapon suggestions out of round 3 of "Weapons that could enhance WW3" and today we will cover the popular HK21. A very cool GPMG out of Germany that is more known for it's service outside of Germany, rather than it's service in Germany, and a gun that has a good bit of stuff that Players could ideally do with it if all the pieces fell into place. After this post I just have Special Weapons left to go, then I'm going to take a little break from Weapon Suggestion posts to get round 4 of "Weapons that could enhance WW3" all figured out, and cover some stuff I have been planning to cover for awhile out of the way.

If you wish to read other Suggestion posts I have made, click the link below. Otherwise, lets get started with the HK21

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - The HK21- Real life information behind the HK21.
  • Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons - Comparing stats between current in-game LMGs and suggested LMGs with the HK21.
  • Section 3 - Special Features - Special features I think the HK21 should have.
  • Section 4 - Customization - Customization options I think the HK21 should have.

----

Section 1 - The HK21

1200px-Flag_of_Germany_svg.thumb.png.e90d6ff36ca56793f662713b5177c84b.png

latest.jpeg.81a7898e59f89097b943b939d0134191.jpeghk23e_01.jpg.5a07e64eb3c1875fc9377234a947a131.jpg

(left to right) HK21 without a Belt Box and a HK21 with a Belt-Box.

Introduction & Demonstration Videos of the HK21.

Extra Information sources

Back when the G8 Battle Rifle was created, H&K wanted to a created a General Purpose Machine Gun based off of the G3's design to go along side their Battle Rifle. What would come would be the HK21 which would largely see service outside of Germany with the Nations of Portugal, Sweden, Peru, Morocco, Thailand, South Africa, Denmark, United States, and others. During the 1980s the HK21A1 would undergo a modernization alongside the HK11A1 which would result in a new modular family of Machine Guns which share a lot of commonality between each other. Outside of it's ease of ability to be converted to use different calibers, the HK21 also features a four point fire selector that allows for safe, semi-automatic, 3-round burst, and fully automatic fire which grants the shooter plenty of choices for their situational need. A rather unique feature given that most Machine Guns only have safety & fully automatic fire. Today the HK21 is still in service with several countries such as Mexico, Jordan, Bolivia, El Salvador, Malaysia, and others providing it's reliability & adaptability where it is needed for them.

So, if the gun was to be added to the game, what playstyle would the gun favor and most importantly where exactly would it stand when compared to the other Machine Guns?

----

Section 2 - Favored Playstyle & Stat Comparisons

In terms of playstyle, the HK21 should be able to favor all sorts of different players as a rather adaptable machine gun through customization, a sort of jack-of-all trades, but a Master of none of them at once. To balance this it should have moderately high recoil, be modestly heavy, fairly high spread, slow reload speed (it's awkward in real life), and overall be much more demanding on players by forcing them to learn when to switch between the different fire modes. In exchange the HK21 should have deeper customization than most Machine Guns, have a high rate of fire, and middle of the road muzzle velocity.

Now, lets move on to comparing possible stats of the HK21 vs. the Pecheneg, UKM, MG5, and the suggested LWMMG & M68. I made some changes to my color coding system and I think it will give a better picture than the older color coding system I was using prior to this.

• (S) - The weapon is one I have suggested but isn't actually in the game currently.
  • Cyan - Suggested Weapon is at a notable advantage compared to this Weapon
  • Green - Suggested Weapon is at a advantage compared to this Weapon
  • Yellow - Suggested Weapon is either equal, at a marginal advantage, or at a marginal disadvantage compared to this Weapon
  • Orange - Suggested Weapon is at a disadvantage compared to this Weapon
  • Red - Suggested Weapon is at a notable disadvantage compared to this Weapon

Please note:  I cannot test these stats to confirm balance, so think of these as more of a proposed starting place for testing on the PTE, and I'm comparing the stats of the weapons from a stock design against another stock design without taking customization into consideration. This is primarily to help keep the post small and avoid making a massive amount of variables to take into consideration.

HK21 proposed and compared stats.

• HK21 Effective ranges: 0 - 105m (40 damage.) Damage decreases at 101m - 140m (30 damage)
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 0 - 105m (43 Damage.) Damage decreases at 120m - 135m (30 Damage)
    • UKM: 0 - 105m (40 Damage.) Damage decreases at 106m - 135m (32 Damage)
    • MG5: 0 - 105m (40 Damage.) Damage decreases at 106m - 135m (32 Damage)
    • (S) LWMMG: 0 - 120m (55 damage.) Damage decreases at 121m - 140m (43 damage)
    • (S) M68: 0 - 100m (33 damage.) Damage decreases at 101m - 140m (30 damage)
  • HK21 Weight: 21.3
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 20.2
    • UKM: 21.7
    • MG5: 30.0
    • (S) LWMMG: 32.9
    • (S) M68: 17.5
  • HK21 Recoil: 0.88
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 0.73
    • UKM: 0.85
    • MG5: 0.9
    • (S) LWMMG: 0.9
    • (S) M68: 0.36
  • HK21 Spread: 0.28
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 0.35
    • UKM: 0.3
    • MG5: 0,25
    • (S) LWMMG: 0.20
    • (S) M68: 0.18
  • HK21 Reload time: 8.4 Seconds
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 8.7 Seconds
    • UKM: 7.9 Seconds
    • MG5: 7.9 Seconds
    • (S) LWMMG: 7.9 Seconds
    • (S) M68: 6.8 Seconds
  • HK21 Rate of Fire: 800 RPMs
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 550 RPMs
    • UKM: 640 RPMs
    • MG5: 720 RPMs
    • (S) LWMMG: 400 RPMs
    • (S) M68: 550 RPMs
  • HK21 Caliber: 7.62x51mm
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 7.62x54mm
    • UKM: 7.62x51mm
    • MG5: 7.62x51mm
    • (S) LWMMG: .338 Norma Magnum
    • (S) M68: 6.8x51 Sig
  • HK21 Muzzle Velocity: 850 m/s
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: 900 m/s
    • UKM: 860 m/s
    • MG5: 785 m/s
    • (S) LWMMG: 800 m/s
    • (S) M68: 820 m/s
  • HK21 Bullets to Kill: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • Pecheneg Bullpup: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 3 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • UKM: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • MG5: HDPE: 3 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 4 / STL: 5
    • (S) LWMMG: HDPE: 2 / PTLN: 2 / Cer: 2 / STL: 3
    • (S) M68: HDPE: 4 / PTLN: 4 / Cer: 6 / STL: 8

With this out of the way we move on to special features.

----

Section 3 - Special Features

This will be short since there isn't much that I think really needs to be mentioned at this time.

• Burst Fire - The HK21 should have the option to use Semi-Automatic, 3-Round Burst, and Fully Automatic fire like all Assault Rifles currently do.
  • More Magazine options - The HK21 should have access to a 30 round magazine, 80 round Drum magazine, and 100 round Belt Box with the 100 round Belt Box being the stock option.
  • All Barrel options - The HK21 should have access to all Barrel lengths with the medium barrel being the stock barrel.
  • Caliber Conversion - Should WW3 allow Players to convert guns to different calibers, the HK21 should have access to 7.62x39, 5.56x45 NATO, and .308 Winchester ammunition on top of the 7.62x51 NATO. Otherwise just keep the weapon as the HK21 with the 7.62x51 NATO.

----

Section 4 - Customization

Now this part will be rather quick since I don't plan to go over stats or anything. Just a quick mention of what the HK21 should & should not have access to in my opinion when it comes to customization options.

• Primary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Secondary Sights
    • All Sights optional
  • Barrels
    • Long Barrel
    • Medium Barrel (Stock)
    • Short Barrel
  • Muzzles
    • All Muzzles optional
  • Lower
    • All Lowers optional
  • Side
    • All Side mounts optional
  • Magazines
    • 30 Round Magazine
    • 80 Round Drum Magazine
    • 100 Round Belt Box (Stock)
  • Ammunition
    • All (Gun) Ammunition Types optional

And there doesn't seem to be any real aftermarket parts for cosmetics, so I'm either looking in the wrong place or there purely isn't anything out there. The Developers could get creative if they want of course.

With all of that out of the way though, this brings the post to an end. I hope you like the idea of seeing the HK21 added to the game, even if maybe not the in the way I have suggested. This is honestly a very cool gun, not just because of visual appeal, but the idea that you can get so many different configurations out of this gun if caliber conversion becomes a thing. You can have the HK11 one moment, the HK23 in the next moment, go back to the HK21, or go with the very rare HK22 (Watch the first video I posted if I may have confused you with all this.) A nice bit of neat stuff that could be done with this weapon if all the pieces fell into place. But, for now lets wrap this up. Till the next suggestion post comes around...

Have a good one folks!

Edited by Dunabar

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet