Posted (edited)

Initially I was thinking about creating this theme after the new patch(whatever it will be) will hit the PTE/Live and seeing are there any of my previous suggestions implemented or not. But I ran out of patience much faster then I expected. So, I'll create this theme with my demands and let it hang here to be able to check it later.

Why I'm creating it? IMO some of my suggestions should not be voted, but implemented(I'm arrogant, yes). Simply because I think ppl do not understand how much some features affect balance/gameplay/QoL. 

Don't know, mb some things are fixed/reworked already, but having nobody to ask, here are my DEMANDS.

• Icon visibility.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11228-feature-few-additions-to-current-worldmarkers-part-of-settings/ 

Ppl here and there complain about "clunkiness" of HUD when playing WW3. Solution is to give as ability to disable/change sizes of CP/Soldiers/vehicles icons separately. Ppl do not want to up-vote this theme, so I demand this to be added. As example under the spoiler are screenshots of how WW3 screen looks like when u trying to attack B1 Warsaw WZ from A1. Last pic shows how it looks like when CP icons are disabled. Fow me CP icons in the left upper corner is enough. 

Скрытый текст

20200614124118_1.thumb.jpg.ce4d4133a81b9f3aa2f61f8a069d8040.jpg20200614124124_1.thumb.jpg.7695c3987eaaf67e7caa538569e4d8dc.jpg20200614134108_1.thumb.jpg.655c69c5819902166ca8eb800df2e66e.jpg

• Gunplay.

The more I play after writing my thoughts in this theme

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11625-gunplay-my-thoughts-1-year-later/

the more I want to see the idea of adding armor properties to arms to be implemented. Because now steel armor being the more restrictive gives u NO(?) bonuses. Don't know will it change after attachment/ADS rebalancing but currently being in the heavy tier gives u only disadvantages without buffing ur survivability. Reduced movespeed, weapon equip(?) time, higher dmg when falling off the height, much longer time to stand up after jumping from the height. And all this for increased protection of only half of ur front torso projection when at best only 1 out of 5 bullets hits it.

• Expanding customization of voiceovers in game.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11561-feature-expand-enemyallied-voiceovers-in-game/

Currently u r limited to 2 nation voiceovers in game + 1 for commander messages. IF we believe Roadmap there will be Chinese/Japan voiceovers too. I demand the ability to create "multi-national voiceover alliances" in game. I want to create some exotic [Russian + Polish + Chinese] vs [American+British English + German + French] voiceovers. The situation when game is having 5+ voiceovers and in the same is limiting u to only 2 active is genuinely wrong IMO.

• Deployment screen management.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11775-featureadd-sl-and-msp-icons-to-the-bottom-line-of-the-deployment-screen/

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11547-vehiclefeature-fix-the-mrap/

Ability to spawn on ur SL by choosing his icon at the bottom of the deployment screen was previously in the game. Mb it will be implemented but I'm going to remind about it. Moreover I want first feature to be expanded to MRAP/MSP too. And the latter should be fixed, so its icon wouldn't be inactive half of the time it's on the map when some another noob is trying to use it as the battle vehicle.

• Balancing SA-80.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11534-weaponfeature-balancing-sa-80/

Currently best AR. M4, G36, MSBS-K are comparable with it, but SA-80 is still the best choice weapon that can compete even with shotguns in CQC. And if it will not be nerfed in next patches it'll be most frequently chosen weapon in pub. The ONLY solution I see is to limit it's choice of magazines to 30 rounders and less with it being still ultra-effective but for a limited amount of time.

•  End-game screen info.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11662-feature-add-score-graph-to-endgame-scoreboard/

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11819-feature-add-best-enemy-squad-tab-to-endmatch-screen/

Currently, when match ends u can fap to how awesome ur soldier model looks on the screen and how awesome ur squad is if it was the best. And only when enemy squad was the best u can compare ur with it. IMO u should be able to do it regardless how the match has ended. And scoregraph can show u what was the flow of the battle.

Weapons and their firemodes.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11772-weaponfeature-give-ars-their-real-life-fire-mode-selectors/

99% of players do NOT use the burst fire modes. And in the same all the ARs do have them. Even those that do not have bursts IRL. I want them to be matching their IRL prototypes.

• Melee attack range.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11801-feature-melee-attack-range-increase/

Absolutely useless when ur target is moving. And I'm talking not only about when hitting enemy from behind. There is one "funny" thing. Because of current melee attack range when enemy is lying on the back - u can NOT kill him from behind. Ur hit simply doesn't reach...

• Reworking reconnaissance UAVs.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11789-featurestrikes-reworking-reconnaissance-uavs/

Idea of giving 3D spot to Barracuda UAV was very controversial for forum inhabitants when it was added in last year. Currently it gives too much advantage to attacking side because defenders are  usually sitting still and with 3D spot rombs attackers can appear from behind the corner with pre-fire that, with WW3's BTK, gives almost no chances to fight off. Plus, smokes do not save from 3D spot. Idea is to reduce effectiveness of the UAVs. 

•  Impact grenade.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11599-weaponfeature-fixing-absolutely-disastrous-immersion-breaking-bug-№2/

Currently more the firecracker than a grenade, with it's lethal radius of 0.1 meter and splash radius ~2 meters. In comparison with frag/sticky grenade ~4 meters LETHAL radius. Impact grenade is in NEED of buff.

• Rocket strikes.

Currently too many obstacles block effect/dmg of the explosion because rockets explode at ground level. Idea is to lift the center of explosion few meters above the ground.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11845-strike-reworking-rocket-strikes-explosions/

• Base Vehicles.

Replace base vehicles with call-in mechanics.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11930-vehiclesfeature-expanding-call-in-mechanics-on-the-base-vehicles/

• UKM angle grip.

Weakening UKM grip's horizontal recoil reduction.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/11960-attachment-ukm-angle-grip/Closing statement:

The suggestions above are there because they, I genuinely think, will make game better and not because of my selfish desire to see them in game.

Edited by tynblpb
added new demand
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Do you think we'll ever see anymore patches pushed to PTE/Live?
I mean does that make sense with the steps they've taken?

I reckon the game will just come out one day as full release free to play and we'll see nothing in between now and then

5 часов назад, @PRUNKgaming сказал:

Do you think we'll ever see anymore patches pushed to PTE/Live?
I mean does that make sense with the steps they've taken?

I reckon the game will just come out one day as full release free to play and we'll see nothing in between now and then

Well, considering devs burned themselves 2 times with initial release and 0.3 patch, I presume that they will think 2 times😋 before releasing the game that wasn't "tested" on different high-low performance systems. Means they need to use community at least 1 time.

And in the same time taking into consideration their current "we will be silent till the end" approach, the later they will show final result of the development the more hype they can try to create.

Summarizing, My.Games manager said during AMA that they count WW3 as AAA game or something like that and as with all the multiplayer AAA games in last 10 years it can be the usua:l 2 weeks prior the release date there will be open "beta" version and... that will be all we'll got.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:34 AM, tynblpb said:

Well, considering devs burned themselves 2 times with initial release and 0.3 patch, I presume that they will think 2 times😋 before releasing the game that wasn't "tested" on different high-low performance systems. Means they need to use community at least 1 time.

And in the same time taking into consideration their current "we will be silent till the end" approach, the later they will show final result of the development the more hype they can try to create.

Summarizing, My.Games manager said during AMA that they count WW3 as AAA game or something like that and as with all the multiplayer AAA games in last 10 years it can be the usua:l 2 weeks prior the release date there will be open "beta" version and... that will be all we'll got.

I dont have faith in F51 I think they would do that but My.Games wants money so I doubt they would let them.
Usually I would want the control to be with the devs, but even evil publishers would be better to get the game to a decent state.
Its all about what My.Game wants and how much control they have to reign in F51 to get the game decent if they are trying to make it decent.

Honestly I don’t think the devs listen maybe it Has been too long since a update but I haven’t seen a suggestion implemented in forever 

23 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Honestly I don’t think the devs listen maybe it Has been too long since a update but I haven’t seen a suggestion implemented in forever 

I was going to say they listen to certain people but it was more like certain people just agreeing with their bias on certain issue. X number of people liked what we did there for our decision is right.
F51 will be listening to My.Games. My.Games might not have a lot control in the gameplay but they can pester them more effectively to fixing the game. My.Games wont be listening to the old players but they arent incompetent. Maybe greedy MTX pushers but not incompetent.

Your insane if you think that any of these "demands" you keep posting will even be implemented. They've already got their route their taking and if your "demand" is a part of their lame ass roadmap, that keeps changing btw, then it certainly looks like they're "listening" to their community doesn't it. XD

1 час назад, 784537852655 сказал:

Your insane if you think that any of these "demands" you keep posting will even be implemented. They've already got their route their taking and if your "demand" is a part of their lame ass roadmap, that keeps changing btw, then it certainly looks like they're "listening" to their community doesn't it. XD

If devs don't agree with the idea that demands above can make game better - they will not implement them. And I can not do anything with that. It's their game. It's just IMO it will not be that good as it can be.

Btw, some of my suggestions are implemented already. Now, with all ur saltiness, plz, get lost.

11 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

If devs don't agree with the idea that demands above can make game better - they will not implement them. And I can not do anything with that. It's their game. It's just IMO it will not be that good as it can be.

Btw, some of my suggestions are implemented already. Now, with all ur saltiness, plz, get lost.

yeh about that they approved some of mine too but when there is no development our suggestions are useless and worthless this game could have been the next COD and BF killer but unfortunately it killed it self i have lost all of my hopes for this game and feel scammed im just going to wait for BF6 cuz COD CW disappointed me all i can say RIP we had a terrible and buggy run.

Edited by Death
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As sad as it is, I fully agree with Death. Has the development been a mess until January, it has become total scam since then. Especially since the takeover. What the actual fuck is the supposed and self-announced community manager doing if there is not a single interaction with community by him in five months?

Even if you decide to quit the ea path and continue the development behind closed doors, why in hell would you stop talking about it with your community? Oh yeah, because you either are not working on the game anymore or turning it into pay-to-win bullshit and want to avoid the outrage.

Personally I don't think that many of the original team are still working on WW3 (not that their performance satisfied high standards of professionalism, at least they were passionate).

If the development would only be going slightly in the last communicated direction, there would be no reason to fall so silent. So yeah, a shame for all the potential the game had. All I want to know is if the tale that funding for 1.0 was secure was a lie all along or F51 was simply not that great at doing math but I am pretty sure we will never get an answer to that.

• Like 1

@HeiligeRobbe, shoo-shoo! It's a theme with my GAMEPLAY demands. If any of u has community interaction, promoting etc. demands - create ur own theme where u can express all ur disappointment.

Oh I thought hostile takeovers is a big thing with WW3 but you are right and I apologize. Let me add this: I like your requests. If only there were devs to hear them.

I believe it is time I speak up.

Firstly please stay civil, nothing can be accomplished if the forum lowers itself to a battle of insults or off topic posts with no basis. There's a few misconceptions going around that the game will turn P2W, the devs are no longer working on it, and fresh out of the oven: "The original devs are not working on it anymore." I'll attempt to provide some information. 

On a very personal level, I appreciate and like transparency and hence I offer as much as I can give. I am not responsible for any choices, I aim to inform of the choices which are made that people do not always know of, do not take it as criticism from me. Anyways, the developer team is still going on, there was no major changes within the staff. Yes, the devs still work, they're hiring more people, MyGames is providing an extra QA team on top of Farm51's QA staff, all AMA info. The publisher AND the developer does not want to and will not introduce any P2W elements. 

Farm51 is retaining creative control and intellectual property rights. This will leave no worry about MyGames. They've already agreed on finances, it is now time to make a game. This partnership was not a hostile takeover, it was mutually signed and as per Farm51, it is their best contract with a publisher yet. On top of this, the contact will come from MyGames, as MyGames is now responsible for PR and marketing. The Community Managers are appointed by MyGames, they are not self appointed.

They have switched to working silently, and have said that they will provide updates once they and the publisher are happy with their quality. Official "final version" is to be expected in 2021. Needless to say, the game is undergoing changes right now, so things you may have suggested to improve, may already be changed in one way or another, or maybe not exist anymore. Officially, we know that the animations are being reworked. But devs have also mentioned some map reworks on the discord.

Now, I would like to address the point of "scam game". As said above, someone pointed out that their "standards of professionalism weren't great", in paraphrasing. I understand not everyone likes the choices they made, or make. But over and above all, it is Early Access. The game is being fixed up, as games are towards the end of the development cycle. But in relation to the "scam", I'd like to say first and foremost, in terms of money, no matter which distribution model the devs choose, you will be compensated the correct amount of money in correspondence to what you have spent, e.g. rewards of currency, owning the game, etc. This info has been given to us from the AMA. The game is still being worked on, and if you own it now, you will definitely own it later, along whatever is contained within the "Veteran Status" which is yet to be disclosed.

I ask that, whether you like this decision or not, nobody degrades the forums to merely "scam game", "bad devs", etc. It is not constructive, and it only negatively affects the forums. Criticism of any kind is fine, as long as it remains civil. I strongly encourage to abide by the code of conduct.

Finally I'd like to return to the topic of the post. Thank you for your ideas, tynblpb. I am not involved in design, I may not give you specific yes or no answers in regards to anything you might post, but I enjoy posts which gather and give thoughts. I ask that the thread remains on topic, and if anyone has any questions please make a separate thread, I will answer anything I can.

• Thanks 1

Hi Polak,

thank you for your detailed response. You are right, the tone in the forums has gone downhill recently and my post was insulting and provoking too - on purpose! Because in all honesty, if it was not I think we still would not have received a response like yours. So my rudeness served the purpose to provoke any kind of reaction and I think others followed similar intentions. And there is a simple reason for this. I cannot argue with many points you made - I don't have the necessary insights etc. - and I am willing to believe you but there is one thing:

17 hours ago, Polak said:

I believe it is time I speak up.

It would have been time for the team to speak up more than half a year ago (if only to explain in more detail that there will be no further coimmunication). It's nice to finally hear something and I want to apologize for my rude words - they were not meant to hurt anyone but trigger a reaction as they apparantly contributed to. But the utterly utterly disrespectful treatment of a loyal community (with subpar manners I admit) this game hinged on stays in the room.

@HeiligeRobbe

I have been moderating the forums for only slightly over two weeks now. I did turn from a regular member to a moderator, so I do know more or less what the general consensus and state of the forum is, but it is the sudden influx of these new posts claiming "scam" that I drew my attention to addressing it. That said, I wasn't here as you said "Half a year ago", I've only been around for two weeks here, as a moderator, that is.

I hope you didn't take what I said about rule breaking or being civil personally, there have been two users that needed to face punishment within ten days of each other, and this kind of behavior usually encourages or simply fuels more of it and normalizes it. I did not want it spreading, and it is one key thing that I keep an eye out on, I put it into most of my posts as a moderator, I put it into my signature spoiler, etc. 

Now as for the final piece of your post, I understand there were no responses from developers, I was merely a member around that time so I got to see a lot of that side. But I hope that it is raised to attention that it is now MyGames that is responsible for marketing and PR. That said, whatever announcements will come from MyGames people, and when they wish. I can only say, for the developers, info which is normally available for the public, even if most do not venture far enough to see it. The above hyperlinks I have posted are in fact financial/investor reports. They're available for everyone to see, but this being a Polish company, only Polish people will dig that far into it. Your bigger YouTubers will tell you the same thing "No news, don't know if they're even working" because sometimes they don't know all the sources. However, there is one notable YouTuber called TactiGamer who really does his homework and I personally encourage people to look out for his channel as he does dig for this info. Anyways, thanks to these reports, we have a clear idea of their finances, sometimes their plans, and the fact that they're working, hiring, etc. 

• Like 1

First of all I did not take anything personally so don't worry about that. Secondly, yeah I should have been more accurate about from whome I expect communication of any form by now and obviously it should be MyGames. But, that doesn't make it any better in my opinion. That's also why I called the community manager self-announced - I know he got the job by MyGames - but he more or less appeared in the forum once, stated he (or she for that matter) is the new community manager and then the next activity takes place months later by posting the official news article. This is not my idea of managing a community but anyway.

Btw. when the last news were posted "Development refocused etc." it felt to me like a scene from a soap opera "Oh no we are not ending this relationship, we just take a break to refocus" :D

• Haha 1

I just can't force myself to use any other grips so here is my new demand.

Edited by tynblpb