Sign in to follow this  
ೞoℓf✌

Microsoft Close to Acquiring The Farm 51?

Copypasted from: https://respawnfirst.com/the-farm-51-prepares-for-new-investor-microsoft/

Since late last year rumors circulated within the digital realm that Microsoft is planning another acquisition. Microsoft is reportedly eying one of the biggest polish studios but which one? Among others, The Farm 51 is rumored to be the studio Microsoft is interesting in and to make matters interesting, it looks like The Farm 51 is preparing for a new investor to join the party.

The Farm 51 is hosting its shareholder’s meeting on June 29 and plans to introduce a capital increase for a new “strategic investor.” The management board will be authorized to increase the company’s share capital, in total by no more than PLN 470,510.85. This authorization granted to the company’s management to increase the share capital will enable the board to immediately issue new company shares after establishing its terms with a potential investor.

A strategic investor usually invests to acquire a company at a later date. They invest to get an “under the hood” look at the company’s progress. If things go well the investor doesn’t take long to acquire the company, in this case, The Farm 51. What this means is, at the very least, The Farm 51 is one of the companies Microsoft is possibly close to acquiring. An “investor” coming in right when reports of Microsoft’s interest in Polish studios are flying doesn’t seem like a coincidence.

What was the point in cooperating with My.Games then? IMO unjustified rumor.

• Like 1

@tynblpb I feel like an investor and a partnership could mean different things. 

I do also feel like it's a bit far fetched that Microsoft Xbox Game Studios would invest in a AAA indie studio that makes games using the Unreal Engine. 

1 час назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

@tynblpb I feel like an investor and a partnership could mean different things.

Well, they(My.Games and My.Crosoft) both want mahneys. They both are publishers. And Microsoft is the bigger one. But My.Games being first at feeder will still get its part. So, taking into account that if Microsoft will participate it will get less money, they need to see some great potential in both TF51 and WW3 to start investing. The only thing I see IF that it's true about all this "investing" is that Microsoft as publisher currently doesn't have their "own" AA+ multiplayer FPS game in their roster(BF for EA, CoD for Activison) and they somehow find WW3 being one that is "unoccupied" and "suitable" to take this place. 

Otherwise IMO WW3 is too small for 2 major publishers to participate in its development.

Me personally don't care as long as the gameplay is NOT touched by their greedy hands.

8 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Microsoft as publisher currently doesn't have their "own" AA+ multiplayer FPS game in their roster

They do own 343I and they have made Halo 5: Guardians, whose main selling point is the multiplayer (mainly Warzone, with the Req Packs (MTX)) since the story mode was a train wreck. They are planning for the next game to release as a launch title for the Xbox SX, and the production budget was rumored to be over $500M last year (The biggest budget ever recorded as if now). And ofc. they also have the MCC classic halo's with multiplayer.

Next to the Halo franchise they also have AoE, Gears, Minecraft and some other multiplayer games. So Microsoft does definitely have some if not at least one AAA multiplayer games on their belt. 

But I still find it very weird if Microsoft would want to get TF51 as well. It just doesn't make sense to me.

15 минут назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Next to the Halo franchise they also have AoE, Gears, Minecraft and some other multiplayer games. So Microsoft does definitely have some if not at least one AAA multiplayer games on their belt

And none of them is the modern day FIRST person shooter. And I was always thinking that Halo is some kind niche XBox exclusive shooter that is mostly popular among the NA players. Plus, lastly Microsoft was changing its politics about exclusivity and now is leaning towards "inclusivity", not that what ppl can think, but that  is about using as many platforms to sell products as possible.

Posted (edited)

I'm with DoctorBatman on this one.
Around this time last year those same kind of rumors starter circulating - and was quickly shot down as "not happening" by ragir and others
I do believe that they are licensed Microsoft developers though

Edited by @PRUNKgaming

🤣Microscrap? This made my Day....aaah fantastic can´t stop laughing i go play some Tarkov instead

BTW. There where also rumors that the game will be  released this Year😜

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

BTW. There where also rumors that the game will be  released this Year😜

Oof xD

I really think it's about time we finally hear something from the developers. If not then we riot.

If the rumors about MS are true we might see something about WW3 on the Juli Xbox event. But I'm not convinced that MS would buy TF51 so hey we get news this fall around the holidays...

I understand the acquisition and the various collaborations, but it is ridiculous to see how the staff, administrators and developers have disappeared, not responding anymore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aviators said:

but it is ridiculous to see how the staff, administrators and developers have disappeared, not responding anymore.

It's exactly as when they were starting to collaborate with MyGames, they went radio silent just like this. I kind of thought that after that they would 'come back' to the forums and Discord server.

It's like they now are just HelpDesk and boring moderators, fixing peoples posts and enforcing rules on people. Not that enforcing rules is bad, but outside of that I don't see anything from them. I think MyGames has something to do with that, but still.

It just makes me kinda sad and disappointed.

For me the biggest question is, what exactly is the guy doing who introduced himself as the new community manager? I am only active in the forums but he hasn't really shown up since the last news more than one month ago. Maaaayyybe I just have a stupid idea of what a community manager does, but given the recent well justified outcry in the community I thought he might wanna ease some tensions. Not to mention that I mentioned him in a post. :D

To stay on topic: Would seem weird to me if Microsoft was to acquire F51. Not that the portfolio wouldn't fill some gaps in Microsoft's, but the just announced partnership makes me very sceptical.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, ೞoℓf✌ said:

Farm51 is not only WW3. Check Chernobylite updates. Development goes good.

Sorry not sorry, this is a WW3 forum about WW3. What Farm51 does with their other games doesn't make up for lack of content updates and community silence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1