tynblpb

[Strike] Reworking rocket strike's explosions.

Question

Posted (edited)

There is 1 problem with rocket-strikes. They are effective against vehicles and SOMEWHAT effective against infantry. And the all-in-all best rocket strike is the Stormbreaker. Hellfire has too small explosion radius. And Mephisto having huge 25 meters explosion radius that is a little less than SH artillery strike can kill only 2-3-4 guys on the fully occupied CP. And I'll show u why.

Look at the gif.

stormbreakerincrater.gif.5c691e963aa67dbf90759a51bc63ba12.gif

I'm dropping Stormbreaker on myself. It's explosion radius is 15 meters and it explodes 10 meters far from me. But I'm staying unscathed. Why? Because 

happyfellas.jpg.bd4f365e46098149666c783d224b7e2d.jpg

non-destructible environment is blocking dmg.

And this is how it'll look like if someone will try to drop some Mephisto on B1 Berlin. Ellow circle - everyone in crater are dead, but that is all. Violet zone. Well, everybody, except the 1 or 2 guys that can fit in this tiny space, feel just fine. Green circle. Bad aim and almost half of the circle is safezone.

20200629234742_1.thumb.jpg.e2b12ed9a52962ca7264e3d3e7c66ff5.jpg

So, my suggestion:

for Stormbreaker lift center of its explosion few meters above the surface, so it will not be blocked by some barriers, craters etc.

for Mephisto make the same thing as with the Stormbreaker, or make so that obstacles except the thick walls of buildings will NOT block its damage. 480 kg warhead it's said in strike's info.

P.S.  I expect to be praised for my outstanding drawing skillz.😤

Upd. Suggestion was made late at night so I wasn't able to show everything I wanted. This is second part. Why even I decided to make this suggestion. Not only because rocket strikes aren't that effective as they IMO should/could be. There is 1 more thing that inspired me. Called cognitive dissonance. Stormbreaker explosion on gif below.

stormbreakerexplosion.gif.dc20966b5bfdab20de7feb3e0ec67d21.gif

U see it? If we look at how Stormbreaker explodes - everything below it in the explosion radius should be devastated. Of course higher dmg close to the center and lower on the sides. Like on the pic below. Mistake: 15 meters radius, not the diameter like on the pic.

stormberakershouldbe.png.142db7bc905fbb9b9dd2428207e5f383.png

So, I demand that Stormbreaker and other rocket-strikes should have their damage spread matching to their explosion's visual effects.

With that this suggestion is now completed.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Thanks 1

5 answers to this question

20 минут назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Beautiful drawings. Marvelous. Extraordinary.

I know. I know. And only that fact that u were astonished by it excuses ur not-upvoting of my suggestion.

Updated suggestion with additional visualisation of how it should be.

Beautiful drawings. Marvelous. Extraordinary.

Fr though, this is a pretty big problem. I missed so many kills because of this.

4 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

And only that fact that u were astonished by it excuses ur not-upvoting of my suggestion.

And I made up for that fact by upvoting both your comments

Love this idea, strikes need to be able to land fairly large kill counts to balance them in terms of value proposition compared to vehicles.