Dunabar

[Soldier][Customization][Badges] Soldier Customization Suggestions | Badges - United States Marine Corps

Question

Hey Folks

Time for the USMC (United States Marine Corps) badges as I promised. This will actually be a fairly short post as the USMC is pretty well represented in the game already and in truth they're one of, if not the smallest branch of the US Armed Forces. No shortage of cool badges with the USMC or any of the other branches, but I'm trying to keep my badge suggestions within certain parameters. So, I -might- do a US Misc Badge post waaay later down the road.

If you wish to read other suggestion posts I have made after this, click the link down below.

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - Special Operations Command Badge
  • Section 2 - USMC Division Badges
  • Section 3 - Special Forces & Special Operations Forces

----

Section 1 - Special Operations Command Badge

Much like the last post, since the USSOCOM emblem is in the game as SOC, and having already suggested the Army's emblem for their side of SOCOM. I figured I would go ahead and suggest the MARSOC emblem to go with it to keep in theme.

1024px-Marine_Corps_Forces_Special_Operations_Command_Seal.thumb.png.e379b9bf3566c281d69a1b0d09228a0e.png

----

Section 2 - USMC Division Badges

For the Divisions (which I know the U.S has a lot already present in the game) I wanted to find groups that had some involvement with Asia since that is where WW3's next Theater of War will be expanding into. Lucky enough for me however, there hasn't been too many places in Asia the USMC hasn't been to during war time. All of these badges/insignias are fairly colorful, but they have been made in more subdued versions I believe if the Developers rather have those over these more colorful ones.

800px-1st_Marine_Division_insignia_svg.thumb.png.dbab592713afc6ada143f8a8d79bf782.png

1st Marine Division - Nicknamed "The Old Breed," the 1st Marine Division is the largest & oldest of the three active Marine Divisions in the U.S Military. The 1st Marine Division saw extensive combat throughout the 2nd World War. But, one of it's most notable battles was at the Battle of Peleliu, where a battle that was assumed to last for four days, ended up lasting two months as Imperial Japanese soldiers were prepared on the island, and well equipped to take on the advancing Marines. The Marines would have to contend with an entrenched enemy that had access to mortars, light tanks, thousands of obstacles for the American landing craft like landmines, and buried artillery shells with their fuses exposed so they would explode the moment a Vehicle crossed over them. Though the U.S would ultimately win the Battle of Peleliu, the U.S Marines would view the battle as "the bitterest battle of the war for the Marines."

2nd_MarDiv.png.8ede39de132a9021d7ac4e208481e9ca.png

2nd Marine Division - The 2nd Marine Division distinguished itself across the pacific theater in WW2, but one of their most distinguishing moments was at the Battle of Tarawa. Imperial Japanese forces had nearly a whole year to prepare their defenses for the coming attack, setting up roughly 500 pillboxes, 40 Artillery pieces scattered across the island in Fortified firing pits, coastal guns, an airfield cut straight into the center of the island through the thick bush, trenches connected to all points of the island allowed Japanese soldiers to move under cover, and were reinforced by 14 Type-95 light Tanks with all around highly experienced Officers. Though the 2nd Marine Division would ultimately carry the day with a Victory, the grueling struggle to claim the heavily fortified island would claim over 3,166 Men of the 2nd Marine Division within roughly 76 hours against an opponent who fought to nearly the last man. Every Imperial Japanese Tank was destroyed, only 17 soldiers (1 Officer and 16 Enlisted)  were captured, and only 129 Korean laborers of 1,200 were captured. The failures of the Tarawa landing would eventually lead to the creation of the Underwater Demolitions Teams who were the precursor to the modern U.S Navy SEALs.

3RDMARDIV.png.53c345199fae17190d2d5e3673bcc086.png

3rd Marine Division - Currently based in Okinawa, Japan. The 3rd Marine division had a distinguished service by the end of World War 2 much like the 1st & 2nd Marine Divisions. However, it is their service in Vietnam that I will be focusing on in particular as they were the first Marines to arrive in the country. For 4 years the 3rd Marine Division would see continuous combat near the North & South DMZ. But, it was during the Tet Offensive that the Division would truly experience it's trial by fire as a estimated (unconfirmed) 40,943 PAVN (North Vietnam) & VC Troops would launch attacks on every area of operation the 3rd Marine Division was active in. During the Battle of Huế, PAVN & VC Troops would engage ARVN (South Vietnam) troops in the early days, but would eventually start fighting with US Marines & Army Soldiers with Air Force support once they were able to assist the ARVN. As the Battle of Huế raged on with street to street fighting taking place, the city would be almost completely wiped out in one of the longest & bloodiest fights of the War.

1024px-4THMARDIV_svg.thumb.png.acb87f0c1f6d843cea7abbb122298d49.png

4th Marine Division - The 4th Marine Division has history in WW2 just like the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Divisions do, such as the battle of Kwajalein, battle of Saipan, battle of Tinian, and battle of Iwo Jima. But, the 4th Marine Division is actually a reserve Division meant to reinforce/assist/etc the other Divisions during conflict. However, after WW2 the 4th Marine Division went inactive till the first Gulf War (aka Desert Storm) and still remain in active service to this day in Afghanistan. But, even though the 4th Marines are primarily a Reserve division, I think with this fictional 3rd World War setting it wouldn't be any stretch to see the 4th Marine Division in active service.

----

Section 3 - Special Forces & Special Operations Forces

Currently in game the two "Special Forces" like units of the USMC are already represented in game, the Marine Raiders & Force Recon. In the case of the Marine Raiders, you have the MARSOC badge in game and the mislabeled "Russian Patch" (Which I could be wrong on. I haven't researched Russian insignias, sleeve patches, and etc.) Then for Force Recon you have the technically mislabeled, USMC patch (The Skull one, not the identification one.) So there isn't really a need for more, but I wanted to at least suggest one more for Force Recon. So here it is-

1024px-US_Marine_Corps_Force_Reconnaissance_Insignia_svg.thumb.png.1c820b20ea223358da7b73dcd7d1f984.png

There are other patches for USMC groups, but I think those would be more fitting if WW3 ever gets a Ship map, Navel Warfare, or any sort of Maritime/beach assault style maps. I'm sure some would say "Now is fine, don't need to be super picky." But, I'm an odd fella, I like to suggest things that fit in the right times.

----

And with all of that out of the way we bring the post to an end.  I hope everyone likes the idea of having these badges on offer in the game, I know the U.S already has a lot of representation via badges currently. But, when it comes to badges and soldier customization in general, more is simply more in my opinion. Next suggestion post will more than likely be the Navy next, then I will cover the Air Force. Both of these coming suggestion posts will be fairly small since they (unsurprisingly) don't have many Land Combat Units to begin with. Anyways! Till the next suggestion post...

Have a good one!

• Like 1

1 answer to this question