Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OutRurMind

Waiting waiting

Recommended Posts

Ive been hanging on waiting for some progress but the servers are full of cheaters now. If the dev team doesent do something the little fan base you have will be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a big misconception of cheating going on right now. Usually, it is a matter of people who, lightly said, aren't the best at the game playing against people who packed hundreds or sometimes even thousands of hours into the game. Sometimes, it is a game fault, notably the sync between shots and animations is off, with the damage coming to the end user first, because that's what the server processes first. Then, you on the client side see the animations, so it can seem as someone just aimboted you mid sprint.

Now, there is a server issue which seems to be connected with EU players on NA servers. You shoot at them, and they do not take damage, they hit you from time to time, and you keep spraying but only sometimes get a hit marker. Some may even notice, that while that happens you have infinite ammo. Now, the same is happening on the other end. You appear for them as they appear for you. You're spraying, and for them you're not shooting. You get the occasional hit, and that's when you shoot for them. 

This is a server issue, and chances are 99% of whatever you think are cheats are not cheats. If you have any solid evidence, email hacks@worldwar3.com with names and videos of said hacks. Leaderboards and often pictures are not proof. Name and shame is banned on the forums too, all that should be contained within the email.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You described just what I was seeing in the game and it wasn't cheating.  I apologize  for misleading anyone. Still love this game and hope it progresses soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OutRurMind said:

You described just what I was seeing in the game and it wasn't cheating.  I apologize  for misleading anyone. Still love this game and hope it progresses soon.

Good to know that is sorted :) I apologize for the problem, I have forwarded it to the developers to investigate. Nonetheless thank you for your report, hopefully my reply sorts out anyone becoming mislead. 

 

As for future plans, all we know is that they are working on it right now and the co founder responsible for WW3 wishes to give us an update between now and 2021's 1.0 if possible. He states that the quality of this update must satisfy the publisher and the developers before being published. However he does not state what this update would bring. Thank you for your continued interest, I hope future improvements will satisfy you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Polak said:

Good to know that is sorted :) I apologize for the problem, I have forwarded it to the developers to investigate. Nonetheless thank you for your report, hopefully my reply sorts out anyone becoming mislead. 

 

As for future plans, all we know is that they are working on it right now and the co founder responsible for WW3 wishes to give us an update between now and 2021's 1.0 if possible. He states that the quality of this update must satisfy the publisher and the developers before being published. However he does not state what this update would bring. Thank you for your continued interest, I hope future improvements will satisfy you :)

EDIT: You know what, I'm over it.

Good luck with your game TF51.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DoctorMcBatman

I've seen your pre-edit earlier and I'd like to respond. I am here to provide information for those interested in it, hope you don't mind.

This is not a case of people being thrown aside. There has been a change within the development itself since the MyGames partnership, and PR and marketing are also MyGames' job now. Devs can't say anything big, and MyGames can't say anything big unless both agree. That is why, "if possible" is added onto my statement. They need to mutually agree to when is right, and there is a hierarchy in this system. This is not a case of pushing one button and everything is done. Time, money and work needs to be put into making the game. If I spoke with 100% certainty about this topic, telling you we're getting an update right now, I'd not only be lying but you probably wouldn't see me again.

Once something might be added, I'm sure the individual developer would like to put it into the live branch of the game. However, that person is under the lead of their department, animations, programming, etc. And that lead is under the project lead, which in this case is Farm51's co founder. Then you have to take into account that this is a business, and they cannot do moves their investors won't like. And now, a publisher is added into the mix, and that raises the need for cooperation, so even the power of those in the top is split into 50/50. Of course this can be a different split, but I'm talking in general from what we can see. And finally add community reaction to whatever they might do. It's not as easy as "just do it" within the retrospective view, or the view of those on the other side of the hill.

This is the answer to "why is there no communication". Because it's complicated. If I had dates, specific details, and words from those in developer positions, as well as the authority to use them, I'd answer your questions on the spot, accurate as can be. I'd love to come to the forums one day, and announce that we're getting testing for all owners of WW3, or 0.9 next week, or whatever it is people might love. I'm sure that is the case with developers themselves too, but keep in mind the hierarchy, of which I am at the bottom. Nothing can be done too early, especially now that they've announced they're reworking many systems of the game, we don't know how finished they are.

And the community's reaction to everything being done too early, from launch to individual updates, announcing stuff, to even Early Access itself, has been negative, and they're not blind. In a lot of cases it's lose lose. Lose patience of people by announcing something months early and not giving it, as we could see from animations, or not speaking and still disappointing. I can see a lot of heads that went from being disappointed by one to being disappointed by both, and there's no winning move. Hence they are primarily moving towards 1.0 and publishing any update is second stage. They are considering testing and updates, and for those who want communication, that's more communication on that topic than there ever was since April.

Finally, I'm here to help and provide information on top of securing the rules. If you have any, ask, either by a forum post or even a PM. We have more answers now than in August or May, and even though they are still not always definitive, developers are starting to point towards which way they want this all to go, and I'm happy to act as a medium for people to ask questions to find answers that are not easily found. Only thing we need is an atmosphere that encourages conversation, and that is simply following rules and asking questions.

Edit: @HeiligeRobbe Unfortunately while I'd love to answer it for you, the above statement holds true on this topic. That we do not know, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 7:39 AM, Polak said:

@DoctorMcBatman

I've seen your pre-edit earlier and I'd like to respond. I am here to provide information for those interested in it, hope you don't mind.

This is not a case of people being thrown aside. There has been a change within the development itself since the MyGames partnership, and PR and marketing are also MyGames' job now. Devs can't say anything big, and MyGames can't say anything big unless both agree. That is why, "if possible" is added onto my statement. They need to mutually agree to when is right, and there is a hierarchy in this system. This is not a case of pushing one button and everything is done. Time, money and work needs to be put into making the game. If I spoke with 100% certainty about this topic, telling you we're getting an update right now, I'd not only be lying but you probably wouldn't see me again.

Once something might be added, I'm sure the individual developer would like to put it into the live branch of the game. However, that person is under the lead of their department, animations, programming, etc. And that lead is under the project lead, which in this case is Farm51's co founder. Then you have to take into account that this is a business, and they cannot do moves their investors won't like. And now, a publisher is added into the mix, and that raises the need for cooperation, so even the power of those in the top is split into 50/50. Of course this can be a different split, but I'm talking in general from what we can see. And finally add community reaction to whatever they might do. It's not as easy as "just do it" within the retrospective view, or the view of those on the other side of the hill.

This is the answer to "why is there no communication". Because it's complicated. If I had dates, specific details, and words from those in developer positions, as well as the authority to use them, I'd answer your questions on the spot, accurate as can be. I'd love to come to the forums one day, and announce that we're getting testing for all owners of WW3, or 0.9 next week, or whatever it is people might love. I'm sure that is the case with developers themselves too, but keep in mind the hierarchy, of which I am at the bottom. Nothing can be done too early, especially now that they've announced they're reworking many systems of the game, we don't know how finished they are.

And the community's reaction to everything being done too early, from launch to individual updates, announcing stuff, to even Early Access itself, has been negative, and they're not blind. In a lot of cases it's lose lose. Lose patience of people by announcing something months early and not giving it, as we could see from animations, or not speaking and still disappointing. I can see a lot of heads that went from being disappointed by one to being disappointed by both, and there's no winning move. Hence they are primarily moving towards 1.0 and publishing any update is second stage. They are considering testing and updates, and for those who want communication, that's more communication on that topic than there ever was since April.

Finally, I'm here to help and provide information on top of securing the rules. If you have any, ask, either by a forum post or even a PM. We have more answers now than in August or May, and even though they are still not always definitive, developers are starting to point towards which way they want this all to go, and I'm happy to act as a medium for people to ask questions to find answers that are not easily found. Only thing we need is an atmosphere that encourages conversation, and that is simply following rules and asking questions.

Edit: @HeiligeRobbe Unfortunately while I'd love to answer it for you, the above statement holds true on this topic. That we do not know, sorry.

Can you confirm, will the game be free-to-play? If so, will EA purchasers be refunded their $30? I am not interested in cosmetics or XP packs or in-game currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DoctorMcBatmanThere is no confirmation of the game going F2P. The one thing everyone uses to justify it is implication which is an answer to a theoretical scenario which they have nonetheless outlined the possibility of transferring your purchase towards. The refund system is not done by the company, this basis would bankrupt the company, it is done by Steam and therefore any request goes to them.

IF the game goes free to play, any kind of P2W is excluded and those who owned the game prior, will receive in game compensation in the amount they spent for the game, on top of the veteran status and whatever it brings. If it does not go F2P, it is still going to reward those who owned it prior. Nobody will confirm or deny F2P until the game is close to returning to sales, on the basis of the above "too early, too bad". To this day, when asked about F2P, the co founder does not explicitly state whether or not F2P is a thing, only saying we will learn closer to its return to sales. It could happen, in which case the previous statement applies, but it could also not happen. This decision lays within the higher ups within The Farm51 and MyGames, and neither system will be hard to implement, given the game still contains old F2P plan systems, but while we had it, it was always a pay per copy system, therefore neither option can be excluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...