Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

Release and intermediary updates

Wanted to ask this question as Polak was nice enough to remind us we could ask, and said answers would probably be more accurate than they were a few months ago. I've quite enjoyed this game but have not played for months due to player numbers. The two main things I wanted to know:

1. Can we have some kind of a rough release window? Are we looking at Q1 2021? Q4? That's quite a big difference, and it would be good to have some idea.

2. Is it likely we will see updates for testing in the meantime, or are we going straight to release?

I'd really like to know these two things if possible, but I understand it may not be.

Hi nubbits,

1. The rough release window is currently unknown, we are told by MyGames' financial report the 2021 release window. It seems developers themselves seem shy on this information, however it is fair game to call it official and publicly available. Unfortunately due to the nature of MyGames and Farm's agreements, they both have to decide what information they wish to provide and when, therefore both of their reports regarding WW3 are becoming more centered around money and vague info on projects, as they are intended for investors. I'd like to give a quarter, but the flow of information is being put through a narrow bottle neck, which is as a result of both a new company coming into the mix as well as restructuring of plans for WW3 in the future.

2. There are plans for an update, and/or testing for those who played prior, between now and 1.0 however this will come whenever MyGames and Farm51 both decide that the update is 100% ready in content, polish and refinement and can be received positively. Quoting Kamil Bilczynski, co-founder of Farm51 and the man in charge of the WW3 project, "New patches will enter the game when Farm and MyGames will be satisfied with their quality. This is the only parameter which we follow in regards to updates". So it is possible, likely even, however I'm afraid we'll only know about dates closer to when those things are supposed to happen respectively. 

I understand the responses may be very corporate, but I am not in charge of information. I'm here to help out the community and therefore I just answer whatever deepest buried bit of information there is about the game that someone who doesn't know, wishes to know. There is a good bit of sources in Polish, inaccessible to most English speakers or anyone else from a different country. Most of my responses will not be new, and I've been in the same boat as everyone here, asking, but not often getting answered so I know what it is like. Added the recent developments, it's not easy to receive ground breaking news, but I will try my best to provide anything out there that is relevant to your questions.

Therefore I hope it is at least understood that this is more of a preparation for something big, the developers are working to provide us a version of WW3 we hoped for, but it cannot be done overnight. Therefore, unlike the mistakes of the past, they have switched to announcements whenever something is ready to be done, I think we can all agree there was a lot of early calls done in this game's history, it's not easy to win this game. It might be ready next month, it might be ready in twelve, but we will eventually get what developers have envisioned since 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Polak said:

Therefore I hope it is at least understood that this is more of a preparation for something big, the developers are working to provide us a version of WW3 we hoped for, but it cannot be done overnight. Therefore, unlike the mistakes of the past, they have switched to announcements whenever something is ready to be done, I think we can all agree there was a lot of early calls done in this game's history, it's not easy to win this game. It might be ready next month, it might be ready in twelve, but we will eventually get what developers have envisioned since 2016.

Thanks. It's good to hear this. I've honestly given up on this game for the past while, but the vision was certainly there, and I hope that you guys can come back with a fantastic product when the time comes. It's hard to stay enthusiastic when it's been all quiet for so long, but sounds like it will be worth it in the end.