Secretcodrin

In what state is the development and any news?

Hello awesome people who still hang around these forums,

Last time i checked for updates it was 4-5 months ago i believe and  i still don't see anything new. So here are my quesitons:

-What's happening with the game?

-How's the migration to my.games going?

-What are the devs doing (are they good? are they still working on the game) ?

-When will the game pe playable on my.games so that we get players once again?

-Are pickles still relevant? 

These questions are related to my.games and the state of the game when it will eventually be on that  platform

-Will it be free to play?

-Will it have lootboxes?

-Will it have paid skins?

-Will it have paid weapons with better stats?

-What happens to the people that bought the game? 

In order to not create confusion, please quote the question you're responding or discussing about at the beginning of every comment. Thank you.

You can use the tools to quote like this

or you can simply "write it like this"

Just have the question at the beginning of the comment please.

Edited by Secretcodrin
  • Like 1

1 час назад, Secretcodrin сказал:

Devs are SILENTLY working on it.

How's the migration to my.games going?

There is no migration to my.games. They are only publishers. All rights still belong to TF51.

Will it be free to play

Nor denied, nor confirmed. Both companies keep their mouths shut. And thus no info on any kind if microtransactions, season passes  etc. But it was promised that there will be no P2W mechanics added.

And lastly: NO solid dates except the 21 year release date.

But my speculation is, that if they don't want to compete with upcoming BF6 hype they should release game before the may, when usually "leaks" start to appear.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

I'm happy to hear that they didn't straight up abandoned the project. So they really haven't said anything since june/july (or whenever they chose my.games as publishers)

Hi, @Secretcodrin I can see that tynblpb (thanks man:) ) has you more or less sorted out, but just to put in some more detail into the picture.

Q: What's happening with the game?
A: The game is currently being developed as normal at the moment. I believe the only bit of confusion involved may be COVID, but regardless, the developers work from home if need be and have the ability to do so. The game is currently being developed, refined and polished until 1.0 which is expected in 2021.

Q: How's the migration to my.games going?
A: There is currently no public plan to migrate to MyGames. It is most likely the game will stay on steam regardless, but there is a plan for MyGames to provide servers for WW3 in the future instead of Zeuz.

Q: What are the devs doing (are they good? are they still working on the game) ?
A: The developers are fine and healthy given the current climate, and they are working on the game as in a normal working week. We will begin seeing the effects of this work in the infamous SoonTM time period, however it will come in 2021 in the form of 1.0, or in an update between now and then which the co-founder of The Farm51 wishes to provide. 

Q: When will the game be playable on my.games so that we get players once again?
A: The latest date we have at the moment is some time in 2021, however as answered above, we will possibly receive an update between now and then. However, most likely still steam but there is no explicit statement in this regard.

Q: Are pickles still relevant?
A: I like to think so, I throw them into my burgers from time to time.

Q: Will it be free to play?
A: At the current time there is no confirmation or denial of F2P. There are however clearly plans for both, as they mentioned some plans "regardless of distribution model".

Q: Will it have lootboxes?
A: Given the lack of their information on the distribution model, it's not a clear time to be able to answer this question. At this moment, there was no response to this question.

Q: Will it have paid skins?
A: It could be possible if they decide to go F2P. They have mentioned in the past that (with the old game plan) they would only opt in for cosmetic micro transactions if the community agreed after 1.0. Plans have changed, obviously, but they don't seem to have a mindset set against cosmetics.

Q: Will it have paid weapons with better stats?
A: No. Any kind of P2W has been excluded out of their deal with MyGames. They do not wish to monetize the game this way, and this question has not been danced around at all. Always a solid no.

Q: What happens to the people that bought the game? 
A: Regardless of distribution model, those who already bought the game will have a veteran status within the game, and whatever bonus that status may give. It was not explained yet, but those who owned the game so far will be given something 100%. However, if it goes F2P, players who owned it before will receive veteran status. They have also said they are considering giving people an in game currency in equal value to what they spent on the game. If it continues to be a pay per copy system, the players who owned it before receive the veteran status.

Welcome back, and feel free to ask more questions, I check and answer daily.

• Thanks 3

12 минут назад, Secretcodrin сказал:

I'm happy to hear that they didn't straight up abandoned the project. So they really haven't said anything since june/july (or whenever they chose my.games as publishers)

Well, if we talk about content, gameplay decisions, etc devs are actually silent since the February. When 3 months have passed since them going silent and ppl were already tired of asking "WTF, where are devs?" there was an announcement in May that they are now starting partnership with My.Games. And this partnership means that all the interaction with community is now on the My.Games's shoulders. With them being rly big company it means that there will be no talk with ordinary ppl until "it's time to promote". So, don't expect  anything. Only small leaks/news that our polish comrades find in dev's interviews with polish media/bloggers and kindly share them with us.

• Like 1

I just saw videos of this game and it looks amazing. Can't wait to play it. I showed it to my friends and they are also hyped like me.

• Haha 1

@Soul 
Hi Soul, welcome to our forum :) 

I hope the developers' efforts will reach you all as soon as they can and you'll be happy with their work. Meanwhile, enjoy your stay and don't forget to post any questions you may in the questions section of the forum, I or another community member will answer ASAP.

@PolakThank you so much for the detailed response! For now all my questions are answered and naturally i'll just make another post if something comes up again.

8 hours ago, Soul said:

I just saw videos of this game and it looks amazing. Can't wait to play it. I showed it to my friends and they are also hyped like me.

yeah even at first the game looked so damn good it made me buy it instantly