Majestec

Test Groups

https://worldwar3.com/en/2020/12/04/world-war-3-needs-you-join-our-test-group/ 

question regards sign-up for testing; do we need to sign-up for testing, or testing will be available for all who own the game already ? plus will it be on public servers or testing servers. 

Everyone who wants to participate has to sign up for the testing, this one is equal opportunity. Servers are unknown, at the moment, but more information will be handed out this month, as your applications will be responded to.

• Thanks 1

Is there any info about "availability" of the test servers? Could ppl join them any time they want to test things, like it was with PTE, or only when they are called? 

P.S. U r practically forcing me to register on Discord...

Edited by tynblpb

image.png
Yup, it will be Discord based with certain time slots allocated to testing. It is unknown how long they will be, or if we will eventually get something along the lines of PTE. I am afraid that this article is all that we know, and nothing else.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:16 AM, Polak said:

image.png
Yup, it will be Discord based with certain time slots allocated to testing. It is unknown how long they will be, or if we will eventually get something along the lines of PTE. I am afraid that this article is all that we know, and nothing else.

im not really comfortable sharing my real name for the test group signup is that ok?

Just now, Death said:

im not really comfortable sharing my real name for the test group signup is that ok?

I'm afraid the name is necessary, this NDA is a legally binding contract and will require you to be 18 years of age, provide your name, proof of identity and proof of date of birth. This will be simply used in the event that if someone significantly breaches the NDA, it will be legally possible to hold them accountable, and that no fake name or age is given. 

5 hours ago, Polak said:

I'm afraid the name is necessary, this NDA is a legally binding contract and will require you to be 18 years of age, provide your name, proof of identity and proof of date of birth.

do we need to provide ID to join the test group? :D

Yes, something that proves your age and identity, you will likely be told what you can provide and what you can blur out if it is unnecessary.

26 minutes ago, Polak said:

Yes, something that proves your age and identity, you will likely be told what you can provide and what you can blur out if it is unnecessary.

lol wait... are you serious? :D

Yes, it is necessary to ensure that people agreeing to the NDA aren't providing fake names, identities or ages. MyGames really doesn't want any leaks coming from this, and developers don't either. I understand it's a first for many, but it's required in this case.

5 hours ago, Polak said:

Yes, it is necessary to ensure that people agreeing to the NDA aren't providing fake names, identities or ages. MyGames really doesn't want any leaks coming from this, and developers don't either. I understand it's a first for many, but it's required in this case.

i play other games that are either in alpha or closed test group which are under the NDA but they didnt require my ID nobody dose what is going on!?? 😐

5 hours ago, Polak said:

if its that strict you should provide me with a contract  (the publisher's contract or ...) i should know what my.games is going to do, you dont just get peoples ID and names provide legal documents and ...

2 hours ago, Death said:

if its that strict you should provide me with a contract  (the publisher's contract or ...) i should know what my.games is going to do, you dont just get peoples ID and names provide legal documents and ...

That is necessary to sign the NDA. It's not just a spoken word. You will be presented with the contract and you'll agree, providing your proof of identity. It's a standard legal agreement. It also isn't a standard promotional beta test, this is meant to be actual closed testing, with the game's state being entirely covered under the NDA to prevent leaking. Seems like they want to really hide what they got.

1 hour ago, Matt_dOvale said:

@Polak Do you need to provide your full name in the form (first question)? If so I'll have to fill the form again with first and surname

It's best to do so to avoid any delays, but so long as your discord is entered correctly, you will be contacted to clarify along the NDA. You can send a second form though, the correct one will be taken into account.

10 godzin temu, Polak napisał:

That is necessary to sign the NDA. It's not just a spoken word. You will be presented with the contract and you'll agree, providing your proof of identity. It's a standard legal agreement. It also isn't a standard promotional beta test, this is meant to be actual closed testing, with the game's state being entirely covered under the NDA to prevent leaking. Seems like they want to really hide what they got.

Do i need to provide size of my "Johnson" also?

• Haha 1

19 godzin temu, HeiligeRobbe napisał:

Strongly recommended. F51 might decide to give a damage bonus to players with a short barrel.

Let's hope it won't be OP.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, HeiligeRobbe said:

Strongly recommended. F51 might decide to give a damage bonus to players with a short barrel.

Works best with a compensator attachment

• Haha 1

@Polak

Considering that there is this standard being held in terms of closed testing, will there be any other ways in which MyGames may use information given to them? I'm quite excited to test but am always quite conservative when it comes to privacy concerns. I imagine that there is no reason for them to do anything bad with our data but some assurance would be good. Thanks.

They've done NDAs times before which can be used as assurance, it is not the first time and hence past ones had no issue. It's not for any malicious practice or publicly available data server. It's just meant to make anyone worry if they have any intent on leaking stuff :P

In all seriousness, your privacy concerns are important and valid, especially in today's day and age, but MyGames is an experienced company in this regard, they will not funnel any of your data so that it will negatively affect you in any way. Unless someone breaks the NDA, then they will be held liable to the NDA and, depending on the severity of their actions, will face action accordingly to law. I assure you, you and your data will be fine and not exploited. It's just how things have to work when not in person to agree to a contract.

• Thanks 1

Dnia 9.12.2020 o 12:20, Polak napisał:

They've done NDAs times before which can be used as assurance, it is not the first time and hence past ones had no issue. It's not for any malicious practice or publicly available data server. It's just meant to make anyone worry if they have any intent on leaking stuff :P

In all seriousness, your privacy concerns are important and valid, especially in today's day and age, but MyGames is an experienced company in this regard, they will not funnel any of your data so that it will negatively affect you in any way. Unless someone breaks the NDA, then they will be held liable to the NDA and, depending on the severity of their actions, will face action accordingly to law. I assure you, you and your data will be fine and not exploited. It's just how things have to work when not in person to agree to a contract.

In all seriousness, ur funny demanding from players their private info. Either let them do it without giving u their ID or hire pros in real life. 

Do u want ppl help or not?

• Like 1

6 часов назад, kirofs сказал:

In all seriousness, ur funny demanding from players their private info. Either let them do it without giving u their ID or hire pros in real life

They(devs) have been LITERALLY silent since the February, because of their agreements with My.Games. My.Games is the big company that is being silent as every big company and "leaks" info only to hype. Game version we are playing now is more than a year old. All the stuff that can be used to hype a game like new movement, UI, new weapons, "factions ", maps, gadgets, strikes, modes was not shown to anyone from the outside.

And now u r asking: why do u want to have an insurance to prevent someone form leaking the fruits of more than a year labor?

I don't like devs being silent. But they need to "restart" the game. In our reality it means they need to create a hype.

7 hours ago, tynblpb said:

They(devs) have been LITERALLY silent since the February, because of their agreements with My.Games. My.Games is the big company that is being silent as every big company and "leaks" info only to hype. Game version we are playing now is more than a year old. All the stuff that can be used to hype a game like new movement, UI, new weapons, "factions ", maps, gadgets, strikes, modes was not shown to anyone from the outside.

And now u r asking: why do u want to have an insurance to prevent someone form leaking the fruits of more than a year labor?

I don't like devs being silent. But they need to "restart" the game. In our reality it means they need to create a hype.

tbh ww3 is not overhyped game, its not a well known AAA-game which is being awaited by million players, for now its quite nishe game. I bet if even someone will reveal any leaked info, just few ppl will react on it -_-

no offence, the game is great, but

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kirofs said:

ur funny demanding from players their private info. Either let them do it without giving u their ID or hire pros in real life. 

This my friend, is called an NDA. It is a legally binding contract, and hence proof of identity is required. If you do not wish to provide such, you cannot partake. Hired pros in real life are legally confirmed too, it just works a bit different over the internet considering you cannot see those people. This is not a promotional week or other period of play, people who sign up are signing up as voluntary testers who test the game and preferably are actively engaged in feedback, bug testing, etc. As detailed in the news report, since this process is dragged over weeks or even months, I'm afraid those who wish to enter must provide their legal proof of identity, with your face being available to blur out. Since more information became available, this data will be stored for a maximum legal period of five years, or until your request after the end of the testing period, or cancellation of your testing. Still do keep in mind that if you cancel during the tests, you will still be held liable to disclosing any undisclosed information while the tests are still running. As per current confidentiality and strategy, there is no other way to do it.