Majestec

Test Groups

7 godzin temu, Polak napisał:

This my friend, is called an NDA. It is a legally binding contract, and hence proof of identity is required. If you do not wish to provide such, you cannot partake. Hired pros in real life are legally confirmed too, it just works a bit different over the internet considering you cannot see those people. This is not a promotional week or other period of play, people who sign up are signing up as voluntary testers who test the game and preferably are actively engaged in feedback, bug testing, etc. As detailed in the news report, since this process is dragged over weeks or even months, I'm afraid those who wish to enter must provide their legal proof of identity, with your face being available to blur out. Since more information became available, this data will be stored for a maximum legal period of five years, or until your request after the end of the testing period, or cancellation of your testing. Still do keep in mind that if you cancel during the tests, you will still be held liable to disclosing any undisclosed information while the tests are still running. As per current confidentiality and strategy, there is no other way to do it.

So if u have a real pros hired, why do u need us? Arent we supposed to be next stage of testing?

@Polak

Asking here, because it seems the right topic. 

If we do get in to the testing group - Will be provided with a new / wiped account for testing or do we continue with our current accounts? Asking this, because on my current account I have reached max rank and due to previous bugs have purchased many many items double, while they kept disappearing. A new account would allow to test the economy etc. 

15 hours ago, kirofs said:

So if u have a real pros hired, why do u need us? Arent we supposed to be next stage of testing?

Not every studio has triple digits of QA alone. This is still testing, with a different group of people. Just because there are pros doesn't mean there's always enough, and it is also a better idea to get feedback from people who didn't spend years or months on a certain thing and possibly see it with rose tinted glasses, an outsider is a bit more neutral, as a standard rule.

2 hours ago, maddinii said:

Asking here, because it seems the right topic. 

If we do get in to the testing group - Will be provided with a new / wiped account for testing or do we continue with our current accounts? Asking this, because on my current account I have reached max rank and due to previous bugs have purchased many many items double, while they kept disappearing. A new account would allow to test the economy etc. 

I'm afraid that most of the testing is under NDA, and unless the piece of info is disclosed explicitly by devs or Community Managers, it falls under the NDA. For now we only know the application process, and whoever got in, if they feel the need to share that. But do keep in mind these focus tests will focus on different aspects of the game, it's not one set test.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Percy Fieldsten said:

Why is 18 the minimum age though?

The age requirement to agree to and sign legal contracts is 18+. While not true in some countries, it is true in Dutch law.