Dunabar

[Weapon] Weapons that could enhance WW3 - Shotguns | Benelli M4

Question

Hey Folks

Time for another Shotgun to get the "Weapons that could enhance WW3" spotlight and today I thought I would visit one of the more iconic shotguns in the World. Very few video games DON'T have this weapon in them and I would go as far as to say that not having it in a game with guns is almost heretical...But, that might be going a little far. I was going to cover another Shotgun instead of this one. But, I'm going to keep my old choice in reserve for something special to come down the road a little later.

If you would like to read other suggestion posts I have made, click the link down below where I keep links to pretty much ALL of my suggestion posts I have made for WW3. Otherwise, lets get started on the Benelli M4!

----

Dunabar's "Master Suggestion Post Archive"

----

Contents of this post

• Section 1 - The Benelli M4 - Real life information behind the Weapon
  • Section 2 - Strengths & Weaknesses of the Benelli M4 - What the strengths & weaknesses of the Weapon should be.
  • Section 3 - Customization Options - What customization options should be open to the Weapon.

----

Section 1 - The Benelli M4

benelli_m4.jpg.f10b5589ade36a811e34ecce51a895ef.jpg

• Country of Origin: Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
  • Manufacturer: Benelli
  • Predecessor: None
  • Weapon type: Semi-Automatic Shotgun
  • Weapon Caliber (Primary): 12-Gauge
  • Weapon Calibers (Alternatives): None
  • Weight: 8 LB or 3.62 KG
  • Capacity: 6+1 with 3 inch shells or 7+1 with 2.75 inch shells
  • Operators: Albania ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฑ, Andorra ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฉ, Australia ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ, Belarus ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡พ, Brazil ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท, Croatia ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท, France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, Georgia ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช, Greece ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท, Indonesia ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ, Iraq ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ถ, Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช, Israel ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ, Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น, Libya ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡พ, Lithuania ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น, Malaysia ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ, Malta ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น, Moldovaย ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ, Philippines ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ, Portugal ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น, Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ, Slovakia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฐ, Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ, South Korea ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท, United Kingdom ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง, and United States ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ.

Web Sources

Video Sources

Summary: The Benelli M4 or M1014, is one of the most iconic Shotguns of the Modern Age and sees wide spread usage across multiple Nations. Some Nations permit large parts of their armed forces to use the weapon, while others restrict it to only their Special Forces groups, or even in some case - Law Enforcement. The most notable aspect of the Benelli M4 is the ARGO system or auto-regulating gas-operated which allows the Shotgun to fire a variety of ammunition without needing to adjust gas system, excluding of course for non-lethal ammunition which are very common to hinder semi-automatic shotguns as they do not produce enough force to cycle the weapon's action. The Benelli M4 also has very few moving parts which reduces vibration and the need for regular maintenance. Most Pump-Action Shotguns will require regular cleaning after various degrees of usage, but the M1014 can go roughly 25,000 rounds of ammunition without cleaning. Less need for maintenance, means more time doing what it was designed to do - clearย  buildings of any hostiles, and repeat. It's little wonder that the weapon sees such wide spread usage across the world.

So, what would the strengths, weaknesses, and stats be of the Benelli M4 if it was to be added to the game?

----

Section 2 - Strengths & Weaknesses of the Benelli M4

In this section I'm going to cover what I think the Strengths of the Benelli M4 should be, what Weaknesses it should have, and finally what I think it's basic stats should be upon entering the PTE servers for testing. In regards to the stats, I will be proposing them from a stock weapon perspective (IE: no attachments/modifications.) This is being done both to keep the post relatively on the small side & not give me a headache in the process of making it. So, lets get started.

Benelli M4 Strengths

1. 12 Pellets per shot - Fairly self explained; the Benelli M4 should fire 12 Pellets per shell it fires. However, this should be balanced with each Pellet being weaker compared to those of the MCS & VEPR-12.
  2. Fairly High Rate of Fireย - The Benelli M4 should have a faster Rate of Fire compared to the MCS. But, be slower than the VEPR-12.
  3. ย Modest Low Recoil - The Benelli M4 should have less recoil than the MCS, but more than that of the VEPR-12
  4. Middle ground Spread - The Benelli M4's should sit in between the MCS & VEPR-12
  5. Modestly Fast Reload - The Benelli M4's should be one of the faster (not fastest) tube fed Shotguns to reload.

Now we move on to weaknesses to help balance out the gun a bit more.

Benelli M4 Weaknesses

1. Weaker Pellets - As stated above; this should be to balance out the fact that the Benelli M4 would ideally be firing 12 Pellets per shot.
  2. Tube fed Shotgun - Much like the MCS, the Benelli M4's shells are housed inside of a tube rather than a magazine like the VEPR-12. Because of this, the length of the barrel should in turn determine the amount of ammunition the Benelli M4 can hold.
  3. Considerable Hip Fire Spread - The Benelli M4 should have a higher than average spread when firing from the hip, mainly to discourage players from running around corners spraying wildly.
  4. Heavier Shotgun - The Benelli M4 should be one of the heavier shotguns on offer. Not the heaviest later on, but higher in the weight category than others when more Shotguns are added.
  5. Limited Magazine Options - The Benelli M4 doesn't seem to have a very wide range of extended or modified magazine tubes. It seems like 6, 7, & 8 shell tubes are all there is on offer. So whatever barrel length the user picks should not do a massive amount to improve their shell capacity for the weapon.

With both Strengths & Weaknesses out of the way, I think the PTE stats for the Benelli M4 should look something like this-

Special Note: Muzzle Velocity & Bullets to Kill are not listed in game for Shotguns currently, thus I will not try to balance around these stats. However, I will not fully remove them from this post in the event that something changes.

Benelli M4 basic PTE stats proposal

• Benelli M4 Effective ranges: 15m (13-11 damage.) Damage decreases at 16m - 30m (11 damage.) Damage decreases at 31m - 45m (4 damage.) Damage decreases at 46m - 75m (0 damage.)
  • Benelli M4 Weight: 13.21
  • Benelli M4 Recoil: 2.4
  • Benelli M4 Spread: 0.6
  • Benelli M4 Reload time: 2.7 Seconds
  • Benelli M4 Rate of Fire: 375
  • Benelli M4 Caliber: 12 Gauge
  • Benelli M4 Muzzle Velocity:
  • Benelli M4 Bullets to Kill:

----

Section 3 - Customization Options

This part will be pretty quick because I won't be covering stats, just what modifications & cosmetics the Benelli M4 should have access to..

Modifications

• Primary Sights
    • All Primary Sightss optional
  • Secondary Sights
    • All Secondary Sights optional
  • Barrels
    • Long
    • Medium (Stock)
    • Short
  • Muzzles
    • None
  • Side
    • All Side Mounts optional
  • Magazines
    • 8 Round Magazine Tube (Long Barrel)
    • 7ย Round Magazine Tube (Medium Barrel) (Stock)
    • 6 Round Magazine Tube (Short Barrel)
  • Ammunition
    • None - Till some alternatives are offered.

Cosmetics

The Benelli M4 has a pretty decent bit of customization options for the developers to work with. Maybe even more than just these that I found burning the late night oil.

----

And with all of that out of the way, we bring this post to an end. I hope everyone really likes the idea of seeing the Benelli M4 added to the game, even if maybe not exactly how I pitched it. I know it's a very iconic Shotgun and one I wouldn't doubt will make an appearance at some point in WW3. As I said up above; I was going to cover a different shotgun. But, I figured I would save it for something special I plan to do. I won't go into a lot of details right now, just know it will be very thematic in nature.ย  For now the hour grows really late and I must sleep ( I will fix any typos/derps/whatever after I get rest.) Till the next suggestion post where I will be covering a Sniper Rifle next....

Have a good one folks!

Edited by Dunabar
Minor changes

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet