Hi if you guys are still here i  just wanted to say after seeing the new BF 2042 trailer i think we might have a little hope after all ;) too bad cant participate in the closed beta and the servers are almost empty.

• Like 1

Reading all the information so far available I cannot deny that some Bf 2042 features seem to be at least inspired by WW3. ^^

- Capture zones instead of single points? Check

- Breakthrough mode which sounds exactly like WW3's? Check

- Weapon/Customization independent of class? Check

- Calling in customized vehicles? Check

Might have missed some points. :D

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Reading all the information so far available I cannot deny that some Bf 2042 features seem to be at least inspired by WW3. ^^

- Capture zones instead of single points? Check

- Weapon/Customization independent of class? Check

- Calling in customized vehicles? Check

Might have missed some points. :D

Don't forget ww3 is modern and BF 2042 is futuristic LOL and i don't get why in near future every thing has LED 😂

Edited by Death

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

This is actually incorrect. Battlefield 1 (WW1) and Battlefield V both had Breakthrough game modes, which both are inspired by Conquest Assault & Rush. WW3's Breakthrough is Battlefield's Rush with a different name but largely the same general concept of - Attacking Team attempting to move the frontline and Defending Team trying to prevent said Frontline from moving. So technically WW3 is the copy cat here (though by request of the Community which as we know I fully embrace because Rush was my favorite Battlefield game mode.)

Everything else though, yeah, Battlefield seems to have taken some stuff from WW3. Only exception I would make to that (aside from the Breakthrough one) is the Vehicle Customization stuff and that is only because I don't know what Clusterfield 2042's Vehicle Customization is like just yet. So far the most I have seen is from the Teaser Westie showed.

Edited by Dunabar

Well, if, IF, devs will be positioning WW3 as BF:City Maps, then, I would say, they can fit currently empty niche.

For me, it was fun to hear when some russian YTer when talking about Hazard Zone noted that devs explicitly, 7 times to be precise, have said that this squadplay oriented mode is NOT battle royale. Same as WW3 devs say about Recon. I didn't play Recon, but when hearing this I thought: what, "copied" this too?😜

My post wasn't to be taken too seriously. I am entirely aware that WW3's Breakthrough is inspired by Rush. Didn't know about the rename in Bf 1 and V though.