Dunabar

WW3 Development Update Video - Time for the good stuff!

Posted (edited)

Alright Folks

Chomp on the video and lets see what we can find.

(The post is going to be in constant update for awhile as there is a lot of information in the video itself.)

--Items of Interest in the Video--

• Map Related Items
    • Warzone
      • Moscow Changes
        • New Deployment Base Locations
        • New Lighting
        • New Capture Point Layout
          • What was A1-A2 now seems to be purely just A2 with the entire area completely remodeled & layout changed.
        • General Map Rework
          • Lenin's Mausoleum or simply The Mausoleum, has been reworked with a large areas of the roof having collapsed inside
          • The Parade Grounds seems to have had their layout completely changed with assets moved, new assets placed in places that were originally open for more cover, and much more.
      • Smolensk Changes
        • New Lighting
        • New Model Assets added to the map
        • A1 Point rework
        • A2 Point moved
        • B1 Point rework - Seems like it's been turned into a proper compound of sorts for the most part.
      • Polyarny Changes
        • New Lighting
        • New Capture Point Layout
        • New Model assets added to the map
          • Some old soft cover Trucks have seemingly been replaced with Hard Shell Trucks
          • Some of the destructible Cars at A2 are now destructible Vans that (seemingly) still provide a degree of cover
      • Berlin Changes
      • Warsaw Changes
    • Team Deathmatch
      • Moscow Changes
        • New Lighting
          • Now set at night time apparently.
      • Berlin Changes
        • New Lighting
        • New Layout
      • Warsaw Changes
        • New Layout
  • Weapon Related Items
    • Weapons will now be unlocked by Rank (?)
    • Weapon Blueprints
    • Smoke Grenades that start to leave smoke behind while in flight will leave a smoke trail all the way down to the ground.
  • Vehicle related Items
    • Can now seemingly Deploy Vehicles at Objectives instead of just at the main Deployment Base
    • AFVs (Assuming Tanks as well) now Automatically destroy small Transport Vehicles like the Quad Bike.
  • Gameplay related Features
    • WW3's metagame campaign seems to be coming back
    • Backpack System for quick Weapon Customization
    • Mounting Weapon Sights on other Weapon Sights
  • UI related Items
    • New Score Board
    • New Squad selection UI that shows current Squad Score & Kill count for the Squad the Player is in
    • New Death Skull Icon
    • New Warzone alert for when sectors are divided between the teams. (E.G West Team owns B1 and East Team owns B2.)
    • New Spotting Icon
    • New Squad Leader Attack/Defend icon marker for Objective Points
    • New Strike call-in touch pad
    • New kill confirmation UI element
    • Bolder Friendly Names for easier Identification
    • Visible Friendly Health bars
    • Vehicle Occupants Counter
    • Kill Cam
    • Ability to change some of your Character's uniform during a game
    • Cleaner live gameplay Map
  • Cosmetic & Loadout Customization related Items
    • General Loadout
      • Weapon & Vehicle configurations are making a return, making for easy out of game loadout changes.
    • Vehicle
      • Can now mix color patterns on Vehicles like you can on your Soldier & Weapons
    • Soldier
      • Our new African Soldier is apparently named John
      • Loadout slots seems to have been expanded from 8 to 12
      • New Character Slots that you can customize and switch between outside of gameplay.
      • New Bodypaint - This might be a replacement for arm paint
      • New Armored looking clothing (?)
      • New Korea Chest Rig
      • 2 New Camo Patterns (Still trying to ID at this time.)
      • New (American?) Helikon-Tex Gloves
      • Character Slots and ability to change Character cosmetics during live gameplay (?)

image.png.3b88926f6c92f971d1a06f907c9100e3.png

• Sound related Items
    • The M417 seems to have a new firing sound.

--

--New Weapon Confirmations--

Assault Rifles

--Japanese Type-89--

Type89.thumb.png.e840dacaac1bfba471ea28a7143a5a0b.png

- No doubts here when it comes the Japanese Type-89 being included in the game..Well, not too many anyways. While the Weapon is  the HOWA Type 89, the weapon selection picture actually looks more like the HOWA Type 20, a completely different weapon entirely. So, maybe a hint of another weapon that hasn't been seen yet or possible one for later down the road?

1787824114_Type89burstfire.png.39677c0a1212852e735ccbb6566d882b.png

A spot by @tynblpb was also noted that apparently the Type-89 is looking like a burst fire only gun. So, we will have to see what comes of that.

--South Korean K2C1--

K2C1.png.aa1c3db707dc8eacc37a2ffb2a6a0140.png1002054261_K2C12.png.4acc4a1f7d86af039bcbd9e4c3cafeed.png

- While it is hard to tell if the gun on the left is indeed the K2C1. We can say for sure say that the South Korean standard Rifle is indeed in the game via the picture on the right. That said however, it is possible for the South Korean K1A Rifle to be converted down to a Submachine Gun while still using the same 5.56x45 NATO ammunition. So, lets just keep that in mind as a possibility with the left hand picture. I say this because the weapon does look a bit more compact than that of the K2C1.

--Chinese QBZ-95(1)--

QBZ95.png.bd59ce3f6e7b49455bd7f83aa5d84566.png

- While it is hard to say for sure at this angle, it seems to be the Chinese QBZ-95/QBZ-95-1 in the picture. So, we have our first Bullpup Rifle chambered in either 5.8x42mm DBP87/DBP10 most likely.

Precision Sniper Rifles

--American M200 Intervention--

70945564_M200Intervention2.png.73126c866189b952c13cca0943ce0b28.png539153577_M200Intervention.png.e87ef0521dd106c8d6d0d9c993d5d543.png

- While this may be a bit hard to see at first glance through the whole video. I suspect this a confirmation that the M200 Intervention has been added to WW3. (Here is a video for those who may not know about the Weapon.)

Special Weapons

--Polish PPZR Piorun--

2033356555_PPZRPiorun.png.8795fded5c5201e513fe7e26451bf8ae.png

- The PPZR Piorun is a Man-portable air-defense system ( or MANPADS) of Poland, used to destroy enemy low-flying aircraft, airplanes, helicopters, and unmanned aerial vehicles. However, it seems in WW3 it's possible to also use it as a direct attack launcher against ground targets as well.

Light Machineguns

--KAC LMG--

QuadroKAC.png.50a431761acdc0861ca9b690715b89ed.png

- The KAC LMG was shown off a long time ago prior to radio silence and it's going to be chambered in (to our previous knowledge) in 5.56x45mm NATO and if it's anything like it's real life variant (link) it should be a rather easy LMG to use for those who might have a problem handling recoil.

Battle Rifles

(None just yet)

Shotguns

(None just yet)

Submachine Guns

(None just yet)

Pistols

(None just yet)

Underslung Weapons

--The American SIX12 Shotgun--

Six12US.png.9e8ec4b9310b7a08273229113686fe0a.png

- The SIX12 underslung Shotgun was the first underslung attachments we saw for WW3 a long time ago on the PTE. However, the weapon at that time was not working correctly and thus it was taken down for further development to avoid having it go to the live servers. That said though, we can confirm the Six12 Underslung is making a return in the new update.

--The American M203 Grenade Launcher--

M203.png.154110263bdfc06156fd8da2b4f84417.png

- Hard confirmation that the M203 Grenade launcher will be added in the new update. It's hot to say what all types of Ammunition this 40mm underslung will bring with it, but I imagine each one will generate some salt.

Weapon Attachments (Sights)

--Trijicon ACOG--

517575996_TrijiconACOG.png.0d86688436c68f09e7647f8c2adc374d.png

- While it's currently hard to tell the exact magnification of this optic, we can at least confirm the popularly request Trijicon ACOG sight will be added to the game.

--NCSTAR GEN 3--

NCSTAR.png.3610464bbd573f6e099dec11cdba89a7.png

- NCSTAR GEN 3 confirmed, as for how much magnification it will have, that is a bit up in the air right now. I suspect though it's roughly 3-5x territory but no confirmation on that.

--ECHO 1 (3x)--

942019049_ECHO1x3.png.45a7522bfc2e470f24734b325d2072df.png

- ECHO 1 confirmed, as for what all it will bring to the table aside from a 3x magnification and top rail mount for smaller optics. We shall have to wait and see. Maybe it will have a built in laser or flashlight on it if I had to take a wild shot in the dark guess as to that bulged out section on the bottom.

--Unknown Thermal Holo Sight--

1962386809_UnknownThermalHolosight1x.png.9424298fa43f15a572158acf116bfb16.png

- Currently searching for what sight this is exactly.

--Unknown Sight--

302972356_UnknownWeaponOptic1.png.c104d013b55146464a21dbdc607e9759.png

- Currently searching for what sight this is exactly.

--T21M Off-set Sight--

T21M.png.5dc2c697e458e1fbcff79f276583efa2.png

- The T21M side mounted optic for those who want a Thermal sight, but don't want it as their primary sight.

Weapon Attachments (Muzzles)

--Carbon Suppressor--

1401493893_CarbonSuppressor.png.b5ac273e5b4dc172723a4102a3283f2d.png

- Currently no details on the difference between it and the other suppressors

--Combo Suppressor--

1239948070_ComboSuppressor.png.9632e656d1d10e5b86f81924e4136d93.png

- Currently no details on the difference between it and the other suppressors

Weapon Cosmetics

--Mak Stock (?)--

1445887880_MAKStock.png.633e9290d2200ce970644d1875312096.png

- While it is visually hard to tell at the moment, I did take this screenshot long ago prior to the Developers going radio silent. (Link) This could be an entirely different stock, this could be the same stock with a different name. We will just have to wait and see.

--New custom Mag Wells (?)--

CustomMagWell.png.f0bc1a3d6d303f251324488689cd94c8.png

- It seems players will be able to addon to their Mag Wells for their M4s, M416, and other such similar AR Assault Rifles. But, only time can really tell.

--New custom Mag Well & Magazine (?) for Beryl--

12668748_NewBerylMagwell.png.096bf7f5dca76f9227f98e8bc87b117f.png
- The Beryl 762 is getting a new custom Mag well, perhaps other AK Assault Rifles will be getting the same thing. Only time can tell. As for the Magazine, it seems different compared to what we have seen before, but this might just be the angle the weapon is at making it seem new. Though it does look like a plastic magazine, so maybe another 30 round plastic magazine possibly for AK type weapons?

--Shotgun Shell Saddle--

163984326_ShotgunShellRack.png.aae523825e25788d0fa2b59d30063f01.png

- Looks like a new Shotgun Shell Saddle has been added to the game, maybe our Soldier will be able to pull Shells from it to reload their Shotgun (unlikely, but it would be cool.)

Grenades

--Anti-Tank Grenades--

236277710_BRKATGrenade.png.511e83258d16becb5eb67c8718638a4f.png

- The Anti-Tank Grenade's design seems to be inspired by the Serbian BRK AT-Grenade. (Link)

--Poison Grenades--

370360773_PoisonGrenades.png.b648c6d7d81fafc9b575508e5650af47.png

- The so called "Poison Grenade" is more than likely the old Phosphor Grenade from the PTE servers long ago before the radio silence kicked in. While I'm not entirely sure why it is green when it was originally greyish-white. I suspect it does more with being able to ID it from the regular Smoke Grenade, even though in my opinion that was what made the old design a bit more appealing which was to fool enemies into think it was safe to enter the smoke. But, all the same, happy to see it making a return, green smoke aside.

--Mini Frag Grenades (?)--

1944706906_MiniGrenades.png.2f72cad8a72c70c8eb6940c04c3ad4eb.png

- It seems the old area denial Grenade is not the only old grenade to be making a return. While it's possible I could be wrong about this, it seems like we will be getting Mini Fragmentation Grenades as well. For those who may not know, these kind of Grenades are usually balanced to have a smaller explosive area, could be tossed further down range than normal Frag Grenades, and usually the Soldier has one to three of these to throw when it's equipped. What it would be like in WW3 though if this indeed confirmed, I have no clue.

--New Vehicle Confirmations--

Main Battle Tanks (MBTs)

--Chinese ZTZ-99--

313536276_ZTZ992.png.43a161ab0b66af782e4ae355ea010fac.pngZTZ99.png.9167c58f4ca2cc6d8455fd83881e1a72.png

- The Chinese ZTZ-99 or Type 99 main battle tank is confirmed to be in the new update.

--Japanese Type-X (10)--

TypeX.png.81ec997370e37b9f2453b1c425c75bf0.png

- The Japanese Type-X (10) main battle tank is confirmed to be in the new update.

Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFVs)

--South Korean K21--

K21.thumb.png.663b743ac2af71d90bd14910b05dad0b.png

-The South Korean K21 AFV is a straight up hard confirmed addition the game in the new update.

--American M3 Bradley Turret--

1211283165_BradleyTurret.png.03c21a6b7fbb8f17f5af7b6eb0ba88e8.png

- While it is hard to say for sure if this is indeed going to be the arrival of the whole American M3 Bradley AFV, we can at least confirm the Vehicle's Turret is going to make an arrival (unless something change of course.)

Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs)

--The Japanese Type-16--

1076768233_Type16IFV.thumb.png.26e47141387443405a0247eabd0749be.png

- The Japanese Type-16 IFV is confirmed for the next update.

Unmanned Vehicles

--The American MQ-8 Fire Scout--

1558017902_LightHelicopterDrone.png.5e3c0126a1cf3dfb31d5be21065b1a85.png

- While this was not in the video itself and was actually released in one of the more recent in-game vs. real life pictures the developers have been showing. The American MQ-8 Fire Scout is looking to finally emerge as one of the new Unmanned Vehicles in the game. The main difference between this Light Helicopter Drone vs. It's larger counterpart is that it's suppose to be limited to Machine Guns while costing less to field and is not as tanky apparently. At least this was what we were originally told and that was a long time ago so something could have changed by now.

CUAS Drones

--Orange Warhead on the Quadropcopter Drone--

114116924_OrangeWarheadQuadrocopter.png.65bec1e93c8374b9a96cbcf63f9ae42a.png

- For those who don't know, both the Quadropcopter & Suicide Drone at one time allowed players to change the different Warheads on the front of the Drones. The different Warheads had different things they did...for example Red was best at Anti-Infantry efforts, Black was best at Anti-Vehicle efforts, and Orange (seen in the picture above) is good at both Anti-Infantry & Anti-Vehicle. Now, if it is like that in the new update remains to be seen.

--KAC LMG on a Quadropcopter Drone--

QuadroKAC.png.50a431761acdc0861ca9b690715b89ed.png

- Much like the Light Helicopter Drone, this Quadrocopter Drone carrying a KAC LMG in 5.56x45mm NATO seems to be a new coming strike in the game. Also before anyone says "It's not a Quadrocopter", the thing has four arms moving it around the map just like the Quadrocopter does. So, till we got a name, it's the Quadrocopter feeling especially American for the time being!

Transports

(None just yet)

Edited by Dunabar
Updating post
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

apparently they have added gun level and rarity and also they removed the damage and range chart along with detailed weapon stat now its just a line ,also they heavily modified  the game and it looks like COD MW i mean gun play and menu are very similar also animations are so much faster and COD like and i personally don't like COD MW for the exact reasons but they definitely improved the visuals and overall quality.

• Like 1

The video is very promising but we need more info about dates. If I redownload the game, what of the above I am going to see? Please keep us informed with more announcements and content.

Posted (edited)

I didn't notice any Asian theatre maps or did I miss it?

Edited by Manchild

1 hour ago, newlynx said:

The video is very promising but we need more info about dates. If I redownload the game, what of the above I am going to see? Please keep us informed with more announcements and content.

They learned their lesson to not give out dates that may not be met. 

• Thanks 1

Finally a nice video to show us their new version of the game!. From what i saw in the video:

Movement & Gun play:

I love the smooth movement and animation but i hope the running and sprinting is not very fast. this would ruin the pace of the gameplay which is one of the best things in the game IMO.

Weapon Customization:

Apart from the new UI, weapon customization looks the same to me. I'm hoping for something like choosing the placement of tactical attachments such as Tac lights, lasers, range finders etc. also the grip placements.

I know it's just a quick video i couldn't help checking it frame by frame. hope for more info soon to clarify everything. 😀

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RealFox said:

Movement & Gun play:

I love the smooth movement and animation but i hope the running and sprinting is not very fast. this would ruin the pace of the gameplay which is one of the best things in the game IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree, I don't want this to become too arcady like COD.  I  cannot stand that game.

Edited by Manchild

@Death After your post I watched the video and was quite worry - mainly about weapon levelling and rarity. I couldn't quite find it in there. Can you hint at a time stamp of where to look?

12 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

@Death After your post I watched the video and was quite worry - mainly about weapon levelling and rarity. I couldn't quite find it in there. Can you hint at a time stamp of where to look?

457264972_Screenshot(738).thumb.png.567838b2f8d5b8db76602578d4f86d42.png

44 minuty temu, Death napisał:

OH FFS this is prime Pay 2 Win material for My.Games...

Now I lost hope... 

Weapon FKIN RARITY? In a "realistic" shooter? I know they wanted to add a battle royale kind mode but this shit has no place here...

GG lads, was fun playing a good game while it lasted... Back to BF4 it is.

• Like 1

This is an old gameplay trailer, made by legend.
Vs the dude who sounds like he want to sell you a product.

wishing all the best to WW3. 

1 hour ago, Majestec said:

This is an old gameplay trailer, made by legend.
Vs the dude who sounds like he want to sell you a product.

wishing all the best to WW3. 

hey dude nice to see you here again :))

• Thanks 1

That is indeed sad to see. Although the trailer does not confirm that the rarity levels influence the weapon stats it makes me quite sceptical.

I really do start to wonder what F51 and the publisher see as their target group for the game. For the most time I thought they mainly aim at seasoned FPS players. Without the big brand and the gritty asthetics I would think WW3 would not really have a chance among younger customers (who are just more attracted to Battlefield and CoD). But the introduction of rarity levels tells something different.

All in all I have mixed feelings about the trailer. The map updates seem good, the animations fluid, the weapons still have noticeable recoil (although one cannot conclude too much about things like sway etc. from the trailer alone). We can probably still look forward to a solid core gameplay.

The sliding on the other hand seems a bit over the top - it looks as if one can slide over asphalt and dirt for several meters.

I wonder if F51 took inspiration from Bf 2042 for the back pack or maybe the other way round (or two seperate inventions). - I just hope it has a limited inventory which contributes to your weight so that it is limited in some form - then it becomes an interesting element I look forward to see.

A couple of things I don't like at all. A couple of times you see a gigantic notification "you killed xy" at the bottom of the screen. It blocks so much screen real estate ... why? I hope it it going to be optional. ... Further, I dislike the introduction of a killcam and if it truly were to come weapon stats being altered by rarity and levelling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Death said:

So how would this even work? you get a random weapon drop as reward? and what to do about other low rarity weapons? Dismantle? 😂

It just doesn't make sense in a game like this. FFS what are they really thinking exactly! Whether this is indeed a rarity system or not. I can see the word "Monetization" written all over it!

1 hour ago, Death said:

hey dude nice to see you here again :))

Same brother, i hope you doing well.

servers are full again, if you want to squad up for some action :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The "skeptical scepter" now is in ur hands @HeiligeRobbe and u'll be the voice. Not me.

5 часов назад, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

The sliding on the other hand seems a bit over the top - it looks as if one can slide over asphalt and dirt for several meters.

It's a little longer than in current version. Or(unlikely) on par with it.

Current version. Sliding.

sliding.gif.19336774af4a7c7e9343149c97cbf88b.gif

Vaulting/jumping off the height. Lightweight and heavyweight respectively. My sad smile.

jumpingoff.gif.cd41f8fe6d0d9c7543610fd35f1732fe.gif

New version. Watch from 2:44 to 2:50. Mb I came to conclusion too fast, but I don't like these particular features how I see them in the revealing video. I'm not going  to write more or things will go nasty rly fast.

@Dunabar, just in case u've missed it. 4:48 - Moscow TDM Night map.

Edited by tynblpb
typos
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Death said:

Saw that. It looks to me that it's likely cosmetic because of the weapon skins flashing in the background for this part, perhaps like blueprints in MW2019 where you can unlock weapons/attachments as a blueprint before you earn them through progression. All of the attachments look like things that we've seen in game before, so seems unlikely it's p2w.

image.thumb.png.31d93ab35ce1a98011dd91fabc79423c.png

image.png

(Any F51 devs reading this - they look super sleek. I love the look of the HOWA, and everything in the trailer's graphics looked pretty damn good)

Edited by nubbits

@tynblpb Haven't noticed that but yeah, a shame the they got rid of the "recovery" animation. :(

After Majestec said the servers are full again I hopped in a match and I am quite certain that the sliding is not quite as long at the moment. Last year I had a speedskating crash. Obviously I was way faster than the running speed in game and I was skating on smooth tarmac - i did not slide nearly as far :D

14.07.2021 в 16:06, Dunabar сказал:

Smoke Grenades that start to leave smoke behind while in flight will leave a smoke trail all the way down to the ground

It was like that before the smoke grenade was broken.😐 so it just reverts back to normal(fixing the bug).

15.07.2021 в 18:43, HeiligeRobbe сказал:

I just hope it has a limited inventory which contributes to your weight so that it is limited in some form - then it becomes an interesting element I look forward to see

Only weapons and armor vest/ helmet have weight. 3-5-7 "stripes of weight ". Attachments are limited by "performance points" that are limiting amount of attachments that have stats and can be attached to weapon.

And with attachments having no weight it seems that backpack will act as if it is filled with air.😐 

It seems they have really simplified the weight system.

So apparently Dolphin Diving is possibly a thing coming in the new update. Maybe @Polak is able to go into deeper details behind how it works if possible?1578047711_PossibleDolphinDiving.png.71d1bfa2c43150edbaf35a98b05dbcfc.png

Personally speaking, I'm not a fan of the concept of Dolphin Diving and if it looks anything like this....Oh man am I going to rage harder than I already am.

1 hour ago, Dunabar said:

1578047711_PossibleDolphinDiving.png.71d1bfa2c43150edbaf35a98b05dbcfc.png

I'm going to be charitable here and assume that the use case provided of jumping for cover means that the jump to prone won't be an effective combat strategy... if you can shoot anything near accurate within a second of pulling this move off it does just ruin gameplay for many so let's hope there's some kind of animation penalty similar to that for jumping off high ledges

• Thanks 1