Dunabar

WW3 Development Update Video - Time for the good stuff!

6 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I'm going to be charitable here and assume that the use case provided of jumping for cover means that the jump to prone won't be an effective combat strategy... if you can shoot anything near accurate within a second of pulling this move off it does just ruin gameplay for many so let's hope there's some kind of animation penalty similar to that for jumping off high ledges

I hope Dolphin Diving off any real considerable height short of jumping off a two step step-stool, will actually hurt the player to such a degree that Players reframe from using it short of a desperate action to survive. Even then, yeah, I hope there is a animation penalty to also stifle it. No ADSing during the dive, no hip firing during it, none of that Hollywank (Hollywood) garbage.

• Thanks 1

Imagine it how you will. It's a drop from run - prone. NOT a literal jump. Your altitude does not raise, it's a movement that simply allows you to get on the ground ASAP, while from an animation POV, it's an effective way to execute the animation and movement as quick as possible. It's not like the videos you see lol.

Yes, it does block ADSing. Yes, it does block shooting. No, it's not more effective to jump off a height than normally, standing upright.

Edited by Polak
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Polak said:

Imagine it how you will. It's a drop from run - prone. NOT a literal jump. Your altitude does not raise, it's a movement that simply allows you to get on the ground ASAP, while from an animation POV, it's an effective way to execute the animation and movement as quick as possible. It's not like the videos you see lol.

Yes, it does block ADSing. Yes, it does block shooting. No, it's not more effective to jump off a height than normally, standing upright.

And now you see why I was raising such a stink over it. :P

But, if this is how it works, then that is perfectly fine sounding on the surface. Still something I want to test out and see how much it can possibly be abused like being able to snake around corners quickly.

2 часа назад, Dunabar сказал:

But, if this is how it works, then that is perfectly fine sounding on the surface. Still something I want to test out and see how much it can possibly be abused like being able to snake around corners quickly.

More like all the CQC encounters will end up with Sprint->Dolphin Diving because even now, against ppl with even no-magnification scopes, pressing Z works just fine because they often lost u from their line of sight and it ends with them being killed. Without relatively big "shooting block time" I have a suspicion almost all 2-5m encounters between experienced players will end like it was written above. Taking into account supposedly increased hip-fire spread that will(?) force ppl to go ADS.

8 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

More like all the CQC encounters will end up with Sprint->Dolphin Diving because even now, against ppl with even no-magnification scopes, pressing Z works just fine because they often lost u from their line of sight and it ends with them being killed. Without relatively big "shooting block time" I have a suspicion almost all 2-5m encounters between experienced players will end like it was written above. Taking into account supposedly increased hip-fire spread that will(?) force ppl to go ADS.

We'll ultimately have to wait and see what happens with it. Though I do suspect that there is going to be a lot more drop shotting going on if this is a very easy thing to pull off. Sliding for example, takes a bit of a charge up sort of speak. It isn't just sprint and slide immediately. If this thing is anything like sliding, it may not be all that bad, especially if the player cannot shoot in any shape or form during the Run-to-Prone transition.

Edited by Dunabar

2 минуты назад, Dunabar сказал:

If this thing is anything like sliding, it may not be all that bad, especially if the player cannot shoot in any shape or form during the Run-to-Prone action.

i'm going to disappoint u, but it will be easy to perform just because players 99% of their time run with SHift pressed. So it will be almost always "ready-to-go" animation when players almost instantly disappears from ur line of sight. 

6 минут назад, Dunabar сказал:

Sliding for example, takes a bit of a charge up sort of speak. It isn't just sprint and slide immediately.

Depends on ur kit weight. With Heavy u can go to sliding much faster in comparison with Light kit. In current version.

17 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

i'm going to disappoint u, but it will be easy to perform just because players 99% of their time run with SHift pressed. So it will be almost always "ready-to-go" animation when players almost instantly disappears from ur line of sight. 

If it gets too out of hand, the Developers can always make changes, if not outright remove it if they feel it's changing the game enough in a negative way. They could always bring back the old stamina idea as a way to counter-balance it as well if that might improve things. Again though; we'll ultimately have to wait and see what happens with it.